• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In theroy one cannot dismiss our possibility? Think about that. Logically this guy is on a career path. He has moved to Portugal, to La Liga, he is clearly good enough for the biggest clubs, what makes you think
a) He would want to move sideways to Spurs? or,
b) We could out bid much more desirable competition?

To me - those clubs should have been there last year when it was clear Porto were about to cash in on their star peformer. If they aren't present agian then second tier outfits such as ourselves stand half a chance based on manager, location, PL status, future plans, etc.

Last edited:
it's been a few days without a signing. wtf levy get your fudging brick together. jesus. we always leave it to the last minute.

To me - those clubs should have been there last year when it was clear Porto were about to cash in on their star peformer. If they aren't present agian they second tier outfits such as ourselves stand half a chance based on manager, location, PL status, future plans, etc.

Just because they should have been in for him previously doesnt mean they wont now.

I agree, if second tier clubs are all he has to go for then we stand as good a chance as anyone - I just dont think that situation is at all likely

From your post it appears you are suggesting Milan are selling Ibra to PSG or Malaga

In turn I'd imagine he's looking for one last massive pay-day and secure enough funds to pay his island's rates (sarcasm)

I was just listing PSG and Malaga as other possible destinations for Falcao.

Ibrahimovic was linked to PSG though. I'm guessing he could already afford an island or two... :)

Why would the top Italian clubs not be able to afford him?

do you see Italian clubs paying more than 25 mill for players these days??? i dont, so i dont see how any of them could come up with 40-50 mill for Falcao

do you see Italian clubs paying more than 25 mill for players these days??? i dont, so i dont see how any of them could come up with 40-50 mill for Falcao

Internazionale spent around

- 82m on transfers in 2009/10
- 42m in 2010/11
- 37m in 2011/12
- 21m so far this summer

AC Milan spent

- 41m in 2010/11
- 45m in 2011/12

Juventus FC spent

- 52m in 2009/10
- 53m in 2010/11
- 89m in 2011/12
- 40m so far this summer

I really think you should revise your take/update of Serie A's top performers - they are way, way out of our league both in terms of wages and operating budgets

Internazionale spent around

- 82m on transfers in 2009/10
- 42m in 2010/11
- 37m in 2011/12
- 21m so far this summer

AC Milan spent

- 41m in 2010/11
- 45m in 2011/12

Juventus FC spent

- 52m in 2009/10
- 53m in 2010/11
- 89m in 2011/12
- 40m so far this summer

I really think you should revise your take/update of Serie A's top performers - they are way, way out of our league both in terms of wages and operating budgets

i did say 40-50 mill on ONE player didnt I?

I'm not quite sure what the difference is - the budget and wages to match are there.

How many 40-50m+ transfer deals have there been in the last 3-4 years?

I can recall around 5-6 max.

I'm not quite sure what the difference is - the budget and wages to match are there.

How many 40-50m+ transfer deals have there been in the last 3-4 years?

I can recall around 5-6 max.

you cant see the difference?:-k why dont you find a breakdown of the figures you quoted and then you might get the answer

Teams need to strengthen more than one area, and so the budget is used accordingly.

Also, the figures you posted, are they net spend or sales havent been taken into account?

it doesnt matter how many 40-50 mill deals there have been in the past, fact is that it will cost that much to buy Falcao and imo looking at Italian football and the way the top clubs have spent their money in recent years i dont see any of them being able to afford 40-50 mill on one player like Falcao(in this case)

if an Italian club gets taken over by an Arab then of course things will change.

you cant see the difference?:-k why dont you find a breakdown of the figures you quoted and then you might get the answer

Teams need to strengthen more than one area, and so the budget is used accordingly.

Also, the figures you posted, are they net spend or sales havent been taken into account?

it doesnt matter how many 40-50 mill deals there have been in the past, fact is that it will cost that much to buy Falcao and imo looking at Italian football and the way the top clubs have spent their money in recent years i dont see any of them being able to afford 40-50 mill on one player like Falcao(in this case)

if an Italian club gets taken over by an Arab then of course things will change.

A breakdown of the figures?

Again, I can only advise you do a bit more research into their ownership, wage structure and general operating budget. These are massive G14 clubs who are levels above us in their financial muscle

Back