• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
aidan @englandyouth

Harrogate Town GK Mark Crook being lined up for a transfer to the Peruvian top-flight club Universitario, managed by Nobby Solano. Surreal.

aidan @englandyouth

Harrogate Town GK Mark Crook being lined up for a transfer to the Peruvian top-flight club Universitario, managed by Nobby Solano. Surreal.

ha, excellent - id definitely be looking for a move like this if i was a lower league player

Pardew wont comment on whether they are trying to get Carroll back on loan..

Liverpoo do it again

Buy Keane off us and basically pay us £12m for a 6 month loan deal

Buy Carroll for £35m cash then loan him back the next summer

Clueless

Love Sky, they say thats it Luka is defo being sold, not really what AVB said in his press conference..

Sky Sources though so must be true, I mean they get everything right, laughable

SunSport Now @SunSportNow

Andre Villas-Boas admits Luka Modric is likely to leave Spurs this summer: "The club respects Luka's ambitions and willingness to move on."

Then, one hour later:

The Sun - Tottenham @SunTottenham

Luka Modric will leave Tottenham this summer, confirms new boss Andre Villas-Boas

SunSport Now @SunSportNow

Andre Villas-Boas admits Luka Modric is likely to leave Spurs this summer: "The club respects Luka's ambitions and willingness to move on."

Then, one hour later:

The Sun - Tottenham @SunTottenham

Luka Modric will leave Tottenham this summer, confirms new boss Andre Villas-Boas

Brilliant, top class journalism once again, this country has the creme de menthe

We'd be mad not to be in for Carroll if he's available - particularly since we may be able to tempt them with Defoe in exchange. Could be perfect for both parties, if they're looking for a more mobile striker who can, in theory, run the channels intelligently etc. Sell him whilst the facade is there.

I don't buy that Carroll is too slow/immobile to play in this pretty picture everyone has in their head of AVB's "preferred style". He's brilliant in the air, works hard, holds the ball well, is very young and will score a reasonable amount of goals if played. And he's not even that slow or his touch that poor. He's not perfect, but he'd be a massive upgrade.

Steve Bateman @steviebateman

To clarify for #THFC fans: Hugo Lloris has backed away from a move, not pulled out. He will consider his options during a holiday in Nice.

I'm not convinced on Carroll's ability as a footballer, so his other personality traits put me off. He seems like a massive ****. He is always arguing/whinging on the pitch and has well known problems with the drink. Bring him to London and I've no doubt he'll find some trouble. Not the kind of player we need, in my opinion.

BackPage. @BackPage

Italian reports suggest that PSG have struck a deal with AC Milan for duo Zlatan Ibrahimovic & Thiago Silva, in a €65mil deal

The Milan chairman said they were done in the transfer market after that deal was signed, but that haven't stopped the media from linking them to new players every day since.

I am starting to be more convinced that we might just pull of Moutinho. If we are willing to let Luka go then I just have a feeling.

Back