• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Andy Carroll loan move a possibility - Brendan Rodgers

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers says he would consider letting striker Andy Carroll go out on loan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18778825
'

I think it's very odd for Brendan to be speaking publicly like that about a contracted player. Not least because he's made a judgement on Carroll before pre-season training has even started. I mean, is Carroll even back at Melwood yet? Pretty humiliating for Carroll, and strange that the manager wouldn't even have a few days looking at him. Perhaps he's had backroom chats with people at the club and the feedback is to get him out. One way or the other, very hard to see how the two can get back on track once it's gone public like this.

I know its blasphemy but I actually think Carroll could do a good job for us. If AVB plays the "Central stricer is there to score and thats basically it" role he did with Falcao I think Carroll could surprise a few people. Obviously good in the air, but decent on the floor as well and strong enough to batter defenders about...

Its ridiculous they paid £30m for him, he was never worth that, but it doesnt mean he is a bad player.

Can't see Chelsea being the best move for Oscar.

I know it's been said that even though it looks like they have a lot of attacking midfielders, they will have to get rid of a few, but it still seems like he would be going there, just as a squad player and an option, and may not get to fulfill his potential. Thing is, that could also be the case with us here, although if we move on players he would be more likely to be a starter.

They have Mata, Marin, Hazard. If we count Mereiles and Lampard as holders in a 4-2-3-1, they still have Sturridge and De Bruyne. Sturridge will certainly be moved on, so that could bode well for us if AVB wants him, but it seems like De Bruyne would be much more suited to being a back-up/squad option than Oscar, who is a Brazillian international and would hardly want to start playing less games. This is without including Ramires, who played much better as an attacking midfielder rather than one of the holders last season.

So even though I believe that Chelsea are in for him, I don't think it's a certainty that Oscar will go there. But then again unless we move players on I'm not sure where he fits in with us. I'd imagine it would mean Modric would definitely be sold to create space, but if we then bring in Moutinho I still don't see where Oscar fits. Unless it's as a wing-forward. But is there where he's best? And does that mean Lennon is going to be deemed not good enough...

Basically I really wouldn't be surprised if Oscar simply stayed in Brazil. The move only makes sense if there is a clear path for him to play the majority of games.

De Bruyne, McEachran and Romeu will most likely go on loan.

Essien, Mikel, Ramires and Meireles for the defensive midfield spots.

Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Marin and Lampard to fight for the spots behind Torres.

Malouda, Benayoun, Sturridge and Lampard all have only one year left on their contracts.

Besides Torres they only have Sturridge and Lukaku. This is the position that they should be most concerned about.

I know its blasphemy but I actually think Carroll could do a good job for us. If AVB plays the "Central stricer is there to score and thats basically it" role he did with Falcao I think Carroll could surprise a few people. Obviously good in the air, but decent on the floor as well and strong enough to batter defenders about...

Its ridiculous they paid £30m for him, he was never worth that, but it doesnt mean he is a bad player.

Yeah, I meant to say that I am not at all convinced Carroll is the donkey many think he is. He might be a Heskey, but he might be a Joe Jordan. Still very young.

I think it's very odd for Brendan to be speaking publicly like that about a contracted player. Not least because he's made a judgement on Carroll before pre-season training has even started. I mean, is Carroll even back at Melwood yet? Pretty humiliating for Carroll, and strange that the manager wouldn't even have a few days looking at him. Perhaps he's had backroom chats with people at the club and the feedback is to get him out. One way or the other, very hard to see how the two can get back on track once it's gone public like this.

Agreed (*except the last line). It seems very odd, and Rodgers is showing a fair bit of an asshole side to him recently that I didnt realise was there.

I am very sure Carroll could perform a role similar to Graham for Swansea. He is a good striker, he just needs the right service (same as most). At Saudi Sportswashing Machine he showed he was very capable not only in the air but with his feet about the box as well.

He is a £30m investment by the club, money they will not see again if they sell him - so surely its in their interest to USE him instead?!

*There is always a way back when it suits both parties...

I thought Malouda is leaving?

"The European Super Cup and the Club World Cup are two competitions close to my heart," said Malouda.

"In five years at Chelsea, I have won five trophies, the ones that I came here to try and win. During the last two transfer windows, the club have said that I was not available for transfer."

Asked if that meant he still saw his future with Chelsea, Malouda replied: "Yes, and Chelsea know it."

"I knew at the beginning of the season I would not play all that often. This season has reminded of my first season at Chelsea.

"You have to accept it. I finished the previous campaign as Chelsea's leading scorer in the league and I started the next season on the bench.

"But I have had to prove myself in the past and always managed to impose myself."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7776914/Malouda-insists-on-Chelsea-stay

I can see a new fad there, players wanting Club World Cup football. :lol:

Agreed (*except the last line). It seems very odd, and Rodgers is showing a fair bit of an asshole side to him recently that I didnt realise was there.

I am very sure Carroll could perform a role similar to Graham for Swansea. He is a good striker, he just needs the right service (same as most). At Saudi Sportswashing Machine he showed he was very capable not only in the air but with his feet about the box as well.

He is a £30m investment by the club, money they will not see again if they sell him - so surely its in their interest to USE him instead?!

*There is always a way back when it suits both parties...

I guess it's all about how someone is best used. I'm sure Carroll is decent with his feet, but he is best attacking crosses and that isn't going to happen much under Rodgers. Plus it will also be about his awareness, his touch in tight spaces, and his natural instincts of what he likes to do with the ball. Even though Graham may be an inferior striker, he may be more 'natural' in terms of what Rodgers wanted. And if they want to get any money back, they need to send him on loan to a team that is going to play to his strengths and demonstrate is value.

Makes a mockery of the RAWK fans view on Sig too. 'Brendan is just waiting to assess the squad at Melwood before making any big moves.' Well he clearly hasn't needed to assess Carroll from the sound of it.

I suggest you check out some Youtube on Carroll, before Liverpool he was looking pretty deadly all around the box - as much on the deck as in the air.

He is left footed (which Im sure throws defenders off a bit) and gets his shots in from tight spaces well. He linked up fantastically with Nolan in a 451 there.

Sky Sports @SkySports

MK Dons have confirmed that former England international Alan Smith has agreed to sign a two-year contract.

I'm simply passing on information here. Steven Pienaar did some training with a local team in South Africa (to keep fit, no itk crap) and told one of the coaches I know (known him for 15 years) that there were major divisions in the squad at Spurs (last season). Make of that what you will.

if it wasnt for the ANC, id be happy with Adebayor, Demba Ba, Defoe, Kane and Coulibaly

Carroll needs to leave Liverpool. A bit like Bentley here, his price tag is too much burden for him to handle and you can tell Rodgers and others at the club resent him for it.

I actually think this, plus the whole Sig ordeal, Rodgers's funds aailable have been severely reduced because of KKK's incompetence.

If he wants a striker that is only present on the field to score goals, then why sign Ade?

Okay, he scored a few decent goals and wrapped up 17 total, but his finishing is horrible at times! And why can he suddenly not head the ball?
I remember he scored quite a few goals on his head for Le Arse...but for us? 1-2?

I suggest you check out some Youtube on Carroll, before Liverpool he was looking pretty deadly all around the box - as much on the deck as in the air.

He is left footed (which Im sure throws defenders off a bit) and gets his shots in from tight spaces well. He linked up fantastically with Nolan in a 451 there.

Fair enough, I must admit I have been impressed with Carroll's ability in tight spaces to be honest, but if Rodgers doesn't seem to be then I guess he's in a good place to judge too. Maybe there's some aspect of his system that means Carroll isn't the ideal striker for it.

Transfer_ITK ‏@Transfer_ITK1
Fee IS agreed for JM. #football #thfc

JM being Jao Moutinho i guess

Carroll needs to leave Liverpool. A bit like Bentley here, his price tag is too much burden for him to handle and you can tell Rodgers and others at the club resent him for it.

I actually think this, plus the whole Sig ordeal, Rodgers's funds aailable have been severely reduced because of KKK's incompetence.

How on earth can you 'tell' that?!?!?

Andy Carroll had more headed attempts on goal than any other PL player last season (42), but only scored with 1.

Back