• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gonçalo Lopes @_GoncaloLopes
Rui Patricio, portuguese GK, not going to#spurs . Lloris is the one #AVB wants at#thfc

@dan_bu
Luuk de Jong: "I've told Twente that I only want to join Gladbach."

Greg Stobart @gstobart
I'm told Zeki Fryers' move to #THFC has hit a slight hitch but should still go through #MUFC

Just to confirm that Chelsea aren't signing Oscar:

scaled.php

Rio Coimbra ‏@the_elastico
Sandro admits Spurs asked him about Oscar. His response: "Don't waste any time [to sign him], because another club will take him."

Paulo Freitas ‏@Cynegeticus
Reports in British press claim #CFC are signing Oscar for £25million, but nothing about this is being reported in Brazil yet.

Paulo Freitas @Cynegeticus
Oscar just talked to Globo Esporte, he said: 'I will stay [at Internacional]"

@SibsTHFC
Tottenham's deal on Internacionale players is only for option on players through their youth system, which Oscar didn't

Gonçalo Lopes @_GoncaloLopes
Rui Patricio, portuguese GK, not going to#spurs . Lloris is the one #AVB wants at#thfc

@dan_bu
Luuk de Jong: "I've told Twente that I only want to join Gladbach."

Three good bits of news! Rui Patricio is brick and cant catch - one of those fancy European keepers who thinks that if he dives/jumps to punch away a shot which is straight at him then that makes it a good save. On the other hand, Lloris is a young experienced keeper would be a decent signing. Luuk de Jong is waaaay over-rated in my opinion - Gladbach are welcome to him!

Not sure why we'd need Carvahlo when we've already got King who could be a great player-coach.

really dont understand why so many people on here think King would be a good coach. He's never talked that much nor been a remotely good communicator so the idea that he'll be able to get across to young defenders how to defend and what made him so great is laughable. Need to find a role for him - some sort of ambassador role - but I really dont see him as a coach

Just as an aside to the above I think we will start to see fewer and fewer Brazilian players leave Brazil for Europe. The Brazilian economy is absolutely booming, eating Europe alive. There has been some ridiculous business deals taking place over there in the last year or two and Rio has become a major international commercial insurance hub to rival London. Brazilian clubs have started to see massive sponsorship and TV rights deals as Brazilians get richer and move out of the slums their massive population and appetite for football comes into play. The sponsors are also willing to pick up the tab for expensive signings and you have seen an increasing disinclination by Brazilian talent to leave for Europe - they can make as much money in brazil now and don't want to live so far from home. Neymar and Ganso have been around for a few years now and 5 years ago would be in Europe by now. They're not and neither are likely to come over any time soon. I also think Brazilian clubs will start taking the cream of s. American talent and may even start taking European players over there

Think this is very true. Same with players going to other places. 10 years ago no-one would have gone to China but now Drogba and Anelka have, even if just for a last pay-day. Same with Russia - the Moscow teams, Anzhi and the two big Ukranian teams can sign players now which are in their prime and who 10 years ago would never have gone there.

A small number of Brazilian teams can pay top dollar to players now and they obviously have the football heritage so you could well imagine someone like Leandro or an up and coming player staying there, particularly if they're playing international football as well as they'd then be getting top top level games

Happening in every industry - companies from the BRIC countries are becoming more competitive internationally and this is only going to continue

really dont understand why so many people on here think King would be a good coach. He's never talked that much nor been a remotely good communicator so the idea that he'll be able to get across to young defenders how to defend and what made him so great is laughable. Need to find a role for him - some sort of ambassador role - but I really dont see him as a coach

I've thought this for quite some time. Since when does being a great player equate to becoming a top coach?!

TEAMtalk @TEAMtalk

From our Rumour Room: Leighton Baines will sign for Manchester United for a fee around £12m + £4m to be paid in future..
after both clubs agreed a fee on Tuesday. He will undergo medical on Friday and pen a 4-year deal with United.

Most likely garbage, but the Baines to United rumours are strong. Would give them the cash they need to spend on the likes of Pienaar.

Couple of things about Carvalho:

a) Reports keep suggesting that he could used as a sweetener for the Modric deal. But isn't he out of contract anyway? He signed a two year deal in 2010. Did he sign an extension? If not, then Madrid can't use him for anything - not that Spurs would necessarily be interested anyway.

b) People, quite legitimately, questioning whether Ledley would make a good coach. But they don't seem to be expressing the same reservations about Carvalho. Do they know something I don't? As far as I am aware, he has no more proved himself as a coach than Ledley has.

Can't see Chelsea being the best move for Oscar.

I know it's been said that even though it looks like they have a lot of attacking midfielders, they will have to get rid of a few, but it still seems like he would be going there, just as a squad player and an option, and may not get to fulfill his potential. Thing is, that could also be the case with us here, although if we move on players he would be more likely to be a starter.

They have Mata, Marin, Hazard. If we count Mereiles and Lampard as holders in a 4-2-3-1, they still have Sturridge and De Bruyne. Sturridge will certainly be moved on, so that could bode well for us if AVB wants him, but it seems like De Bruyne would be much more suited to being a back-up/squad option than Oscar, who is a Brazillian international and would hardly want to start playing less games. This is without including Ramires, who played much better as an attacking midfielder rather than one of the holders last season.

So even though I believe that Chelsea are in for him, I don't think it's a certainty that Oscar will go there. But then again unless we move players on I'm not sure where he fits in with us. I'd imagine it would mean Modric would definitely be sold to create space, but if we then bring in Moutinho I still don't see where Oscar fits. Unless it's as a wing-forward. But is there where he's best? And does that mean Lennon is going to be deemed not good enough...

Basically I really wouldn't be surprised if Oscar simply stayed in Brazil. The move only makes sense if there is a clear path for him to play the majority of games.

Andre Mitrovski @AaronLennon10

Chelsea will steal Oscar under our noses. Want to know why? £170,000k for unproven youngster from Brazil is way too much.

Andy Carroll loan move a possibility - Brendan Rodgers

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers says he would consider letting striker Andy Carroll go out on loan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18778825

'What a waste of money!'

Best thing for Carroll and Liverpool, if Rodgers is going to be a success he can't be wasting time trying to shoe-horn Carroll into his system of play. Carroll has his qualities and some other team can make use of them.

Bit of a shame for us though, because I was hoping Rodgers would actually try and use him and have it take time to adjust before they realise it was never going to work. By letting Carroll go they have more chance of competing with us IMO.

Back