• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hope Modric doesn't leave. Love seeing the guy play. But you must feel that all this will make him want to leave.

he has been at Spurs 4 years, won fcuk all, 1 CL campaign, of course if he scored more and contributed more maybe we would have been more successful, but still, he cant do it all so if he still wants to go then fair play .....i hope the R Madrid rumours this morning were true, would much rather sell him abroad or Emirates Marketing Project....not Utd or Chelsea

Not fussed over Modric one bit if we can get someone in to complement Parker/Sandro. We might even get more goals from midfield.

You just know though. We'll sell Modric and we won't sign a replacement. Simple as that.

Harry will see Sandro/Parker/Hudd/Livermore enough for the season and go on about Huddlestone "is like a new siging" blah blah blah.

Has anyone heard that we are in talks with Dembele?

cant see us winning anything with a player like Dembele.....typical flaky Tottenham style player. We should be chasing Sigurdsson, someone who scores and assists

cant see us winning anything with a player like Dembele.....typical flaky Tottenham style player. We should be chasing Sigurdsson, someone who scores and assists

I think we should be going for the pair of them tbh. They are young, full of energy and promise and have experience of playing in this country. Both technically very good players who I believe thrive playing for us as we are, with all due respect, a level or so above both players current clubs at least.

Did anybody think we were going to sign world class CL players with our wage budget.

Dempsey
Dembele
Vertonghen
Caulker
Yakuba

So if we sold Bale and Modric for a combined fee of about ?ú70m

Would you lot be happy with Dembele, Remy, Adebayor, Vertonghen, Hoillett as replacements?

I'm guessing you've never seen Dembele. Laughable comment.

seen plenty, but just like at WHL on the last day of the season, he did well but couldnt prevent Fulham from losing. Hitting the bar or post is not what we need, looks good but we need effective players, players who deliver

he has been at Spurs 4 years, won fcuk all, 1 CL campaign, of course if he scored more and contributed more maybe we would have been more successful, but still, he cant do it all so if he still wants to go then fair play .....i hope the R Madrid rumours this morning were true, would much rather sell him abroad or Emirates Marketing Project....not Utd or Chelsea

He might have won sweet fa here but he has to take his share of the blame for that, right back to his first season here when we lost to Man Utd in the Carling Cup final. He has taken the plaudits for being part of this fantastic side football wise so he should also take some of the blame for not being a big enough influence in all of the key games we have had that could have led to trophies from that first final to Portsmouth in 2010 and to April's debacle against Chelsea.

All that considered I actually think he would have a bit of a cheek trying to demand a move but if that is his mindset then im inclined to allow a bidding war to take place......for me United or abroad would be the preferance. Don't want City or Chelsea getting their hands on him. Not a penny less than ?ú40m and to my mind maybe a little bit more than that. Use the money to rejuvenate the squad and give it the freshing up it requires.

Back