• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is a massive window for us. We must get the right players in early and get rid of anyone who doesn't want to be here. If we mess up and start the season with question marks over players futures again like last year with Modric we are ballsed. Do it and do it soon Levy & Redknapp.

Yup, as I've said elsewhere, potential signings know that we're in Europa League this season. Those players also know that we have strong potential for better.

Players don't need to wait to know which tournament we will be in next season. That removes the big excuse for not acting quickly within the transfer market. And our players will know whether they want to stay to push to be one better for next season or not.

Clear out the want outs & deadwood, sign those who are of high calibre and want to push one step further next season and do it ASAP.

Whatever we do, I hope we don't leave it up until the last day as usual. If Modric and Bale wants to leave, set a price which is un-negotiable and sell to the first who puts up the cash. Throw every other offer straight in the bin. Get that message clear across to both suitors and the players themselves.

Whatever we do, I hope we don't leave it up until the last day as usual. If Modric and Bale wants to leave, set a price which is un-negotiable and sell to the first who puts up the cash. Throw every other offer straight in the bin. Get that message clear across to both suitors and the players themselves.

As El Guepardo rightly says, everybody knows where we stand now. EL and thats that, no reason to be dilly-dallying on 31st August. Just for once, we should be having 90% (if not 100%) of our dealings done before we even go on the USA tour

I think all of us thinking we'll get figures like 50 million are living in dreamland. These are the kinds of figures that Torres and Kaka were going for, players who had won trophies, been the best in the world in their position (and in the latter's case, just the best in the world) and contribute in numbers (which clubs always pay more for).

We will get far more than 20 million though.

For perspective, two words: ANDY CARROL

Bale is big news right now, I think he could go for ?ú40m+. Modric also on a big fee. Its not about what you think players are worth, but the buying clubs

Think our shopping list just became:

Yakubu
Ante Vukusic
Moussa Dembele
Jan Vertonghen (I still think he might come)
Jack Butland

No. bale and modric stay. a statement needs to be made in football

You're fudging kidding yourself mate. It was a miracle that Levy managed to keep Modric last summer. It won't happen again. And anyway, I don't think Modric owes Spurs anything now. He's been consistently our best performer for 4 years now. We should just appreciate that we have enjoyed a great player at Spurs and allow him to move to a club more befitting of his talent. If anything I think Bale is the one who owes Spurs another year.

Bale can stay, Modric I don't think it will do us or him any good to keep him against his will for a 2nd season....

I don't disagree with that at all, but I can't help but thinking that after last summer's debacle some promises were made based on this season's outcome. "Gentleman's agreement" and all that.

I don't disagree with that at all, but I can't help but thinking that after last summer's debacle some promises were made based on this season's outcome. "Gentleman's agreement" and all that.

Yep, Fergie will be monitoring the situation right now

If anything I think Bale is the one who owes Spurs another year.

Actually, I think Bale has been somewhat found out. His limited game has been there for all to see, and instead of being a world-class left wing, he (or someone) has decided that he should become a distinctively average free role-drifting-wannabe playmaking-something. This has not gone unnoticed by other clubs I'll reckon. His value has probably diminished quite a bit, and it would be wise of him to stay for another season.

Actually, I think Bale has been somewhat found out. His limited game has been there for all to see, and instead of being a world-class left wing, he (or someone) has decided that he should become a distinctively average free role-drifting-wannabe playmaking-something. This has not gone unnoticed by other clubs I'll reckon. His value has probably diminished quite a bit, and it would be wise of him to stay for another season.

Not really, if a strong manager buys him who tells him to stick to the wing he would return to being as good as he was.

Yep, Fergie will be monitoring the situation right now

Man Utd would be so much stronger with him in the side. They have forwards who can put away the chances he creates, and Fergie would not stick one of PL's top three central midfielder on either wing.

As far as I'm concerned anyone who wants to go this window can, but screw the buying club out of as much money as possible and then more. If Bale, Modric or whoever thinks 4th is failure then it is their fault they finished there so they are failures. As the old phrase goes "there's plenty more fish in the sea" and having a kitty of over ?ú100m would net some decent fish.

What makes me laugh this morning in the media. Its all will Bale and Modric stay.

No mention of will Cisse,Ba,Ben Arfa and Cabaye stay at Saudi Sportswashing Machine
No mention of will Liverpool be able to keep Suarez,Gerrard,Reina

How come its only Spurs that will lose their best players?

Back