• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
seen plenty, but just like at whl on the last day of the season, he did well but couldnt prevent fulham from losing. Hitting the bar or post is not what we need, looks good but we need effective players, players who deliver

8-[

lol lol lol

seen plenty, but just like at WHL on the last day of the season, he did well but couldnt prevent Fulham from losing. Hitting the bar or post is not what we need, looks good but we need effective players, players who deliver

As opposed to Modric setting the world alight with assists and goals this season.

So if we sold Bale and Modric for a combined fee of about ?ú70m

Would you lot be happy with Dembele, Remy, Adebayor, Vertonghen, Hoillett as replacements?

There is no way we will get ?ú70m or anything like it for those two. Modric's agent will play hardball, he will sulk, and we will get ?ú20m if we are lucky but probably less. I think Bale will go to one of the Manchester sides rather than abroad. We might get decent money out of City -but not Utd.

Dembele is the only one i'm not sure about, not seen enough of him as a playmaker.

Plus the wages of those incoming would vastly outweigh those going out.. unless we lose some of the deadwood..

Oh yeah, for sure, we'd be getting rid of Pienaar, Kranjcar etc.. we'd get others in too of course but those would probs be the main

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have proved that losing your so called best players does not have to destroy you. But you need hungry players. Personally i would love to start a fresh. A younger team with a new manager and system and go again. Get the old uns out and get a young, pacey hungry side together. Would love Chelsea to take Redknapp and get Rogers in and let him start all over.

There is no way we will get £70m or anything like it for those two. Modric's agent will play hardball, he will sulk, and we will get £20m if we are lucky but probably less. I think Bale will go to one of the Manchester sides rather than abroad. We might get decent money out of City -but not Utd.

Just like last year? Luka can sulk all he wants. If people want him they pay what we fudging say so.

So if we sold Bale and Modric for a combined fee of about ?ú70m

Would you lot be happy with Dembele, Remy, Adebayor, Vertonghen, Hoillett as replacements?

No. We would be massively weakened. We also stand very little chance of signing Adebayor.

I think all of us thinking we'll get figures like 50 million are living in dreamland. These are the kinds of figures that Torres and Kaka were going for, players who had won trophies, been the best in the world in their position (and in the latter's case, just the best in the world) and contribute in numbers (which clubs always pay more for).

We will get far more than 20 million though.

As opposed to Modric setting the world alight with assists and goals this season.

as bad as each other, like i said, typical Tottenham players, great to watch,but ultimately do they have the balls to deliver when it matters

I think all of us thinking we'll get figures like 50 million are living in dreamland. These are the kinds of figures that Torres and Kaka were going for, players who had won trophies, been the best in the world in their position (and in the latter's case, just the best in the world) and contribute in numbers (which clubs always pay more for).

We will get far more than 20 million though.

So are Remy and Vertonghen gonna come now?? Where are the itk brave enough to stick their heads on the block with these two? Personally im doubtful we'll get both now... Or either! They seemed to be both sealed up yet still heard nothing official

ITK people are retarded.

They make spelling mistakes to try and show that they are in a rush and they are giving out highly sensitive information and they might get caught.

ITK people are retarded.

They make spelling mistakes to try and show that they are in a rush and they are giving out highly sensitive information and they might get caught.

Levy

We need him to stay strong and keep both Bale and Modric and they both have pretty long contracts and add Vertonghen and Caulker and possibly a striker then we will be back in the hunt for CL football.

Come on Daniel; You did it last year.

Same again please. :D

There is no way we will get ?ú70m or anything like it for those two. Modric's agent will play hardball, he will sulk, and we will get ?ú20m if we are lucky but probably less. I think Bale will go to one of the Manchester sides rather than abroad. We might get decent money out of City -but not Utd.

Eh? We bought Modric for 16.5 million quid. We won't let him go for less than double that. And we can afford to let him rot in the reserves; he still has three or four years on his contract, after all. Cheer up, mate.

Cya Luka but i don't think Bale will go this season. It's time for a fresh start now and a new approach..

Sell/release

Bassong
Corluka
Nelsen
Pienaar
Jenas
Modric
Bentley
Kranjcar
Defoe
Gio

Back