• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nah agent i talk krap tweeted that a few days ago. Oscar is a genuine superstar in the making, was watching Brazil to see Sandro and Leandro and I was just like woahh who's this kid as he was absolutely running the show.

Agent_ITK ‏@Agent_ITK
Internacional have accepted an 11m bid for Oscar from #Tottenham. #Spurs #THFC #Football

Same dude said 6 days ago that RVP has left Arsenal and AVB has signed, announcement imminent.. .. 6 days ago???? ..... Comes out with some real random brick!!

So if we are to believe the Moutinho, Oscar and Siggurdson rumors, that could leave us with a lot of new faces in midfield for the coming season. Wonder how this will pan out. Would probably need a bit of time to gel as a unit if over half of our midfield where replaced.

Southcote, I said other than goals what was he like and then you said he was capable of scoring 10-15 goals? I like the idea of having a goal scoring midfielder who is a danger against deep defending sides but..

How is his passing? His dribbling? His work rate? His defending? How does he fit in with his team mates? Does he always make himself available for a pass? How is his technical game?

Those are the kind of questions that I have in my head. I want to know more about his all round game rather than just the goals.

Good point! From what I can gauge from "THFC6061" site, he was voted player of the month for March 2012 and he scored 7 and created 3 for Swansea in half a season.

In what way? How/Where did he play?

They were playing 4-2-1-3 with Oscar as the 1 just ahead of Sandro and Romulo, a lot of the play went through him but he also attacked and joined up with the the front three (Hulk/Neymar/Leandro). He was the most impressive player in each of the four games I've seen of him.

So what else can Sig do. I know he can arrive late into the box and score goals but what about his first touch, passing, pace, strength, flair/creativity? Does he score highly in those attributes as well or else I can see a successful start before people start to get annoyed that he doesnt offer much else to the team.

So what else can Sig do. I know he can arrive late into the box and score goals but what about his first touch, passing, pace, strength, flair/creativity? Does he score highly in those attributes as well or else I can see a successful start before people start to get annoyed that he doesnt offer much else to the team.

Thanks for repeating the notions behind my post.

Someone was saying in another thread that Sigurdsson also has very good work rate and eagerly buys into the high pressing game plan - which would probably make him more to AVB's liking than VDV.

I've also read elsewhere that he is a very good passer of the ball - shortish, slide rule passes rather than long range, Thudd type passes (not that Thudd can't do the slide rule thing too).

LB I thought?

Moutinho is an obvious link, is fit to fill the gap left by Modric (if he leaves) and has even stated recently "Id play for him tomorrow"

Makes more sense than a replacement to Ekotto who I believe will suit AVB well

The problem with BAE is that if he tries his tricks we could get caught out defensively if we are playing a high defensive line.

Varela is the winger who scored for Portugal in the Euro's...

Perreira is the left back you may be thinking of?

Doesnt varela play in bale's position?

The little I've seen of him is on the right, but I assume he can play left as well.

One year on his contract, and would cover many positions, and obviously liked working with AVB. Not world class by any stretch but would lessen the impact of one of bale/lennon being injured.

Back