• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hold on a minute, i may of been getting him mixed up with West Brom's Mulumbu? but as some of you also rate Diame, maybe I am talking about the same guy

No Gunners offer for Lloris

The club will listen to offers until the start of pre-season

Arsenal target Hugo Lloris has had a £16m price tag slapped on him by his French club Lyon according to president Jean-Michel Aulas.

Despite winning the French cup last season the club a fourth-place finish in the league has prompted a clear out of some of their under-performing stars.

The highly-rated keeper has been linked with a number of Europe's big-hitters in recent months with Arsene Wenger thought to be among his admirers.

But Aulas has warned the Arsenal boss he has got just two weeks to come up with the money or else he will be going nowhere this summer.

"A certain number of players were not good enough last season and will leave or at least be placed on the transfer list," said Aulas to the club's website.

"Hugo told me he would like to leave if an offer comes in from one of the biggest five clubs in Europe.

"If one of these clubs makes an offer that matches his market value, in other words 20 million Euros then he can go.

"If there is no offer before July 15 he will remain at the club for the coming season.

"For the moment there has been no offer from Arsenal or anywhere else."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7863212/

Snap

I think this will be a good signing, he seems to step up eveytime he gets a chance at a higher level, this is his chance to shine now if he signs of course. If VDV stays I can't see him keeping Rafa out the first 11 though.

VdV could be an ideal mentor for him ?

No Gunners offer for Lloris

The club will listen to offers until the start of pre-season

Arsenal target Hugo Lloris has had a £16m price tag slapped on him by his French club Lyon according to president Jean-Michel Aulas.

Despite winning the French cup last season the club a fourth-place finish in the league has prompted a clear out of some of their under-performing stars.

The highly-rated keeper has been linked with a number of Europe's big-hitters in recent months with Arsene Wenger thought to be among his admirers.

But Aulas has warned the Arsenal boss he has got just two weeks to come up with the money or else he will be going nowhere this summer.

"A certain number of players were not good enough last season and will leave or at least be placed on the transfer list," said Aulas to the club's website.

"Hugo told me he would like to leave if an offer comes in from one of the biggest five clubs in Europe.

"If one of these clubs makes an offer that matches his market value, in other words 20 million Euros then he can go.

"If there is no offer before July 15 he will remain at the club for the coming season.

"For the moment there has been no offer from Arsenal or anywhere else."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7863212/

"For the moment there has been no offer from Arsenal or those five clubs." (Fixed)

Ok, every time Sigurdsson has been linked to us we hear ALL about his goalscoring exploits... yup, I get it, he scores goals! But as was typically asked of Jenas, (outside scoring goals) what does he do?!

Is he any good really? Or does his goal rate mask an otherwise brick player?

When I saw Sigurdsson at the 'Lane at the back end of the season, he forced one superb save out of Freidal and scored one great goal. From my point of view, every time he got the ball about 30+ yards from goal, I was worried that he would "hurt" us. If we sign him, and he gets a good run out, my bullsh*t prediction is that he'll score 10 to 15 goals in a season?

Agent_ITK ‏@Agent_ITK
Internacional have accepted an 11m bid for Oscar from #Tottenham. #Spurs #THFC #Football

Southcote, I said other than goals what was he like and then you said he was capable of scoring 10-15 goals? I like the idea of having a goal scoring midfielder who is a danger against deep defending sides but..

How is his passing? His dribbling? His work rate? His defending? How does he fit in with his team mates? Does he always make himself available for a pass? How is his technical game?

Those are the kind of questions that I have in my head. I want to know more about his all round game rather than just the goals.

Back