• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everton have confirmed the signing of Scotland international Steven Naismith on a four-year contract from Rangers.

Coventry reach agreement with Rangers to sign John Fleck.

Ive always thought Lloris was a bit suspect, club games and internationally he doesn't looks completely there. I've always rated Mandanda a lot higher.

But the 5 biggest teams in Europe has to be Madrid, Barca, United, City and Milan all of which do not really need a keeper. Possibly Milan out of all of them.

Richest - but in which case don't you have to throw in Malaga and PSG as well.

Biggest? Blackburn weren't a big club just because they won the league. City will get there but I'd have Chelsea as a bigger club than City still at the moment.

The German league is overtaking the Italian at the moment. Juve, Inter and Milan are living off past glories.

Andy Carroll is a target for AC Milan, according to reports.

The Liverpool striker apparently caught the eye of Pier Silvio Berlusconi - who is the son of Milan's owner Silvio Berlusconi and has involvement in the club's transfer policy - with his towering headed goal for England against Sweden at Euro 2012.

For now, the story claims, Berlusconi junior sees the big Geordie as part of a shake-up of the Milan squad which has already seen veterans such as Clarence Seedorf, 36, and Mark van Bommel, 35, moved on.

Milan's current frontman, Swedish star Zlatan Ibrahimovic, will be 31 later this year.

“This is a new era for Milan," said the younger Berlusconi. "We will continue to get younger while maintaining the culture. Milan still has its superstars.

“As a future target, I’d like Andy Carroll.

“I must admit that for his body build, and after seeing his header in the Euros, I would like to have Carroll at Milan.”

Carroll, 23, struggled to make an impact at Anfield following a stunning £35million move from Saudi Sportswashing Machine in January 2011.

But he began to justify that price-tag in the latter part of last season, and played his way into England's party for Polkraine.

He would not be the first powerful English striker to star for AC Milan, as they had Mark Hateley playing up front in the 1980s.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ac-milan-want-liverpools-andy-1131858

:ross: :ross:

TOTTENHAM must cough up £16million by July 15 if they want to land France captain Hugo Lloris.

The North London club announced Andre Villas-Boas as their boss yesterday and have been linked with the Lyon keeper who will be allowed to leave this summer.

But Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas insists any team wanting 25-year-old Lloris must splash the cash before his deadline.

Lloris was previously a target for Arsenal and Aulas said: "I have deep respect for Hugo — the man and the player.

"Hugo said he would like to leave if he had an opportunity to play in one of the five biggest European clubs.

"We talked before, during and after Euro 2012. We are perfectly in tune on the subject.

"If any of these clubs made a proposal to the value of £16m, it will have a good outcome.

"If this is not the case before July 15, he will stay at Lyon for the season.

"For now, I have not received any proposal or Arsenal, or any others for that matter."

Aulas could replace Lloris with his Lyon understudy Remy Vercoutre, 32.

He added: "We must first look at what we have at home before looking elsewhere. This is certainly the president's vision.

"In the case of replacement of Hugo, Remy must express the values that I mentioned and skills.

"Sport skills are not enough. These values other than sports, are very important."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4409938/Hugo-Lloris-transfer-will-cost-Tottenham-16m.html

£16m has to be a fair price. Top keeper, no 1 for his country, loads of experience already and a good decade of football left in him

Dimitar Berbatov is prepared to see out the last year of his Manchester United contract.

Turkish giants Galatasaray have confirmed their interest in Berbatov, joining France's Paris Saint-Germain, his previous club Tottenham and Italians Lazio in tracking United's record £30.75million signing.

Berbatov, 31, wants to quit Old Trafford after being frozen out by Sir Alex Ferguson, but is not prepared to accept a substantial pay-cut from his current £90,000-a-week salary to go.

United value him at £6m after extending his contract by 12 months, meaning he would cost around £15m in wages and transfer fee if another club signed him on a two-year deal.

Those figures mean any transfer this summer will be difficult - and Berbatov is not about to take a hit in his pocket to facilitate a move.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-dimitar-berbatov-will-see-1130951

Lloris was previously a target for Arsenal and Aulas said: "I have deep respect for Hugo — the man and the player.

"Hugo said he would like to leave if he had an opportunity to play in one of the five biggest European clubs.

"We talked before, during and after Euro 2012. We are perfectly in tune on the subject.

"If any of these clubs made a proposal to the value of £16m, it will have a good outcome.

"If this is not the case before July 15, he will stay at Lyon for the season.

rules us out then

Rules us out because we are THE BIGGEST. fudge the rest.

(I am sure the joker meant five top English clubs

Steve Bateman @steviebateman (Former Sky Sports soccer journalist now writing about UK and US sports.)

Understand #Real Madrid's Carvalho remains a top target for #THFC. AVB keen to remove Gallas from squad - being touted to #QPR and #WHUFC.

re Higuain: i've heard tales of a potential season-long loan deal as it goes. only tales though - and there are plenty of them at the mo!!!

re Sigurdsson: Gylfi Sigurdsson's move to #THFC should be finalised tomorrow. Won't tell you how much his contract's worth for fear of ridicule!

After a few questions he said £60K

Personally wouldnt sign Butland. Lost all faith in English keepers after Robinson. Our mentality is weak and i think mentality is the biggest part of a keepers game.

Plus who says this kid is any better than David Button? When on loan at my local club Shrewsbury, fans raved about Button, so maybe he should be given a chance as he could be coached into a footballing keeper at a young age.

Little bit of actual itk from Daniel Taylor who covers Spurs for the Guardian

https://twitter.com/DTguardian/status/220305908725579777

Little ‪#THFC‬ snippet: told today AVB wants one, maybe two, new goalkeepers in place by close of summer transfer window

The guy that tried to make AVB a figure of ridicule by saying he threatened to quit the Spurs managerial talks...and then took to Twitter proclaiming AVB was throwing a 'hissy fit'.

Total douche.

Steve Bateman @steviebateman (Former Sky Sports soccer journalist now writing about UK and US sports.)

Understand #Real Madrid's Carvalho remains a top target for #THFC. AVB keen to remove Gallas from squad - being touted to #QPR and #WHUFC.

re Higuain: i've heard tales of a potential season-long loan deal as it goes. only tales though - and there are plenty of them at the mo!!!

re Sigurdsson: Gylfi Sigurdsson's move to #THFC should be finalised tomorrow. Won't tell you how much his contract's worth for fear of ridicule!

After a few questions he said £60K

Erm.. Wut?

I'm all for getting young players in, but those wages sound pretty OTT...

From Mjolnir at ynwa re. Sigurdsson:

"Sorry, been quite bissy - getting worke off to leave for my vacation.

Its all done and dusted. Spurs player, to be presented prop next week but confirmed later this week. There was no second offer from LFC, there was no Hilton Hotel, there was no deadline given by THFC, there was no cancelation from Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas.

You would have thought that i´ved stop believing in players who look beyond the paycheck after Chelsea and City came about. Well, at least now i do.

But i cant put it all on the player. LFC offer was too low imho - i can understand they wont be held ransome but they wouldnt give him better deal than he got from Swansea, which i find kind of odd since they practically stole him from them and he was (according to him), Brandons target no. # 1.

Have a feeling we will be regreting this decision in a year or two. Hope im wrong "

This is really getting on my tits from Liverpool fans - I'm sure it's been said before from many of us but the idea that Sig is 'only going for the money' is so bloody stupid and annoying to read.

Fair enough if Liverpool had finished above us for the last 3 years, were miles ahead in their squad development and looked like they could challenge for the title with a few quality additions...but they don't. That's us. The fact that we are offering more money just reflects how much we value him. If it was us throwing money around after finishing 8th in order to steal signings from other clubs then the argument makes sense, but their view of 'Why else would he join Spurs? Obvs Liverpool are better' just makes none at all.

Yes they are an attractive club for a lot of players. Yes his old manager is there. But beyond that there's not much other reason for him to join. A slightly bigger stadium? Woopdedoo. A slightly bigger commercial revenue? Meh. Bigger global fanbase? Doesn't really make much difference. They finished 8th, and it's not like we have a fanbase of commercial revenue the size of Leyton Orient ourselves.

I was really annoyed when it looked like he decided to go back there, because it really made no sense. I'm glad it looks like he's coming our way.

Erm.. Wut?

I'm all for getting young players in, but those wages sound pretty OTT...

I think it's good to pay fair wages for the value you perceive you're getting, rather than try to short-change a player if you can try it. It's only gonna tinkle them off, risk them wanting to see if any other others are around or if they still join, they'll want a new contract soon after anyway.

If we view Siggy as a regular starter and someone capable of scoring 10-15 goals from midfield next season, plus a fair amount of assists, there's not much argument to say we should be paying him much less than that, because it seems like he will be one of our key performers. If players are paid what they are worth to us, they will be happy. Short changing them is a brick move. As long as we have a clear wage structure that we can sustain, we will always be ok.

Back