• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bearing in mind we have Defoe on our books I think you need your head examined if you want Owen at Spurs too, or instead of

Does anyone know enough about Butland to suggest that he has more potential than the other previously hyped up young keepers Scott Loach, Joe Lewis, Alex Smithies and many more we've been linked to over the years?

i MENTIONED THIS EARLIER BUT joE lEWIS IS A FREE AGENT NOW.

I could see that one coming to fruition - seeing as we were previously linked. Not sure how can someone be highly rated then in a season or two fall from grace.

I could see that one coming to fruition - seeing as we were previously linked. Not sure how can someone be highly rated then in a season or two fall from grace.

Torres?

Nah I think people still rate him - he was just low on confidence and you could see it.

I dont think you will get many people saying that Torres is brick. Obviously he hasnt justified the 50m but he is far from brick.

Nah I think people still rate him - he was just low on confidence and you could see it.

I dont think you will get many people saying that Torres is brick. Obviously he hasnt justified the 50m but he is far from brick.

Yeah, but he's nowhere near as good as he was. He was a far better player a season or two ago, injuries have taken their toll.

Torres will be the Premiership top scorer in 2012/13. With Drogba leaving, Torres's confidence returning, I think he will remind everyone of exactly how good he is next season.

I think that Owen's experience and as someone that has worked with top quality coaches, and won trophies can only be a benefit to other members of the squad. Not suggesting that Owen would be the 'missing link' but we could do a lot worse.

Typical Harry signing and also likes his horses

Signed for Cardiff..

I think that Owen's experience and as someone that has worked with top quality coaches, and won trophies can only be a benefit to other members of the squad. Not suggesting that Owen would be the 'missing link' but we could do a lot worse.

Typical Harry signing and also likes his horses

Will Owen be happy to leave his horses and come down south?

Young talented goalkeeper, could be number 1 for 10+ years...

I like the idea, not sure if he's good enough yet though.

could be brads understudy for a year and play in the cups then maybe next season he could be ready. Or we could just loan him out.

1) If Adam Johnson is unhappy to be back up at City, why would he want to be back up here?

2) Anyone who wants to sign Michael Owen needs their head examining.

3) We don't need 3 senior keepers, IMO.

Can understand why you wouldn't but I think you would if you saw him getting consistent game time. He looked exceptionally talented at Boro, but has only occassionally shown glimpses at City. But you need consistent game time to demonstrate your true worth and he never was going to get that at City. That being said not sure he'd get that at Spurs either, but could push Lennon and would certainly get more games than he does currently, but probably not an automatic starter for us.....

I thought he was ok at boro, but flattered to decieve.

When he went to City he had very regular games and made a big impact upon arrival, but, even then I didnt like his game.

He is extremely selfish, and continually runs himself into blind alleys. He disrupts team play. He holds the ball for too long.

The odd spectacular goal or dribble doesnt compensate IMHO, I just dont think he is that good.

I thought he was ok at boro, but flattered to decieve.

When he went to City he had very regular games and made a big impact upon arrival, but, even then I didnt like his game.

He is extremely selfish, and continually runs himself into blind alleys. He disrupts team play. He holds the ball for too long.

The odd spectacular goal or dribble doesnt compensate IMHO, I just dont think he is that good.

That about sums up Johnson. With the right coaching he could be made to develop his game more and lose some of those negative traits, but I would not feel confident the Spurs coaching staff could achieve this.

Fair play, wasn't even me who suggested we go for him so not going to argue this one out. Assuming he goes to a club where he gets regular game time think he will demonstrate that he's a good player with bags of potential and show why City wanted him in the first place. Not sure we're the best club for him but wouldn't complain if we did get him....

I don't want Johnson; Krasic for ?ú10-?ú15mill is better value and Milos can play on both wings unlike AJ who is a one trick pony.

AJ is shocking on the left; He doesn't have the pace to go on the outside of a quick RB.
Krasic is twice the player Johnson will ever be and he has proved it in the CL.

[video=youtube;zpIvkxUv1MU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpIvkxUv1MU&feature=related[/video]

AJ is shocking on the left; He doesn't have the pace to go on the outside of a quick RB.
Krasic is twice the player Johnson will ever be and he has proved it in the CL.

[video=youtube;zpIvkxUv1MU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpIvkxUv1MU&feature=related[/video]

You seem to know more about him than me, but if he's so good why isn't he playing regularly / why is he so available?

Back