• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It doesn't matter how many years he has left on his contract; That doesn't effect us, That effects the selling club.

At the end of the day; Vertonghen for ?ú9-?ú15mill on a long contract; No brainer!
If we wait then Milan or some other club will sign him.

Glad you aren't in charge of the purse strings.

I dont think it makes much difference to Bale whether we're in the Champions League or not. Unless he really loves the CL music. The group stages are rubbish and its not as if we were going to win the competition is it.

I cant really see Bale settling in Spain. I think his most likely destination would be United, but then again, will they spend THAT much on him? Dont think so

I think Bale will stay on for another season, see if we're improving, and then he'll leave next summer.

TRANSFER GOSSIP

The excessive wage demands of Arsenal striker Robin van Persie, 28, could put off even the likes of big-spending Real Madrid, Barcelona and Emirates Marketing Project.

Full story: Daily Mail

Emirates Marketing Project are rumoured to be investigating a ?ú28m release clause in the contract of Athletic Bilbao's 27-year-old striker Fernando Llorente, who has scored 29 goals in 51 appearances this term.

Full story: Metro

Manchester United target Kevin Strootman, PSV's 22-year-old midfielder, is set for talks with AC Milan.

Full story: talkSPORT

Gareth Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett says that Barcelona would have to pay "a lot more" than the ?ú36m being quoted to sign the 22-year-old.

Full story: Daily Telegraph

Lille are to hold contract talks with ?ú35m-rated playmaker Eden Hazard, 21, who is wanted by both Manchester United and Emirates Marketing Project.

Full story: Daily Mail

QPR are likely to bid for West Ham goalkeeper Robert Green, 32, if the Hammers fail to secure their return to the Premier League in Saturday's Championship play-off final.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Everton are believed to be among the clubs interested in signing Norwich striker Grant Holt, 31, who dropped a bombshell by submitting a transfer request on Friday.

Full story: Daily Telegraph

Emirates Marketing Project winger Adam Johnson, 24, is thought to be considering his future with the new Premier League champions after failing to win a place in England's Euro 2012 squad.

Le Havre's 16-year-old prodigy Jules Olivier Ntcham, who was thought to have signed a pre-contract deal with Emirates Marketing Project, has now apparently come to an agreement with Inter Milan instead.

Full story: Footy Latest
OTHER GOSSIP

Ryan Bertrand is in line for an amazing Champions League debut in midfield for Chelsea in tonight's Munich final.

Full story: the Sun

Liverpool have approached former manager Rafael Benitez after Brendan Rodgers rejected the chance to talk with the Anfield club about their managerial vacancy.

Andre Villas-Boas will hold talks with Liverpool next week, with the club having Pep Guardiola and Fabio Capello on their wish list but not receiving encouragement from that pair.

Full story: the Guardian

Meanwhile the Reds are set to offer striker Luis Suarez a 25% pay increase in an attempt to stop him seeking a move.

Full story: the Sun

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is believed to have made a decent impression after meeting with Aston Villa chairman Randy Lerner but they have stressed that negotiations are only at a preliminary stage.

Full story: Daily Express
AND FINALLY

Some Tottenham fans have decided to don lederhosen outfits in support of Bayern Munich during Saturday's Champions League final. A Chelsea win would deprive Spurs of a Champions League place next season.

Full story: Metro

Think we should check if we can get Adam Johnson for 10 or less,
can cover both Lennon and Bale while also being an excellent impact player.
Believe he's on affordable wages as well

?ú80k a week for a young player who has achieved precisely zero in the game, well done Emirates Marketing Project

Johnson would demand to be first choice and IMO isn't as good as he thinks he is. Liverpool perhaps?

Never got the hype with him. He would think that he's good enough to start whereas I don't think he is.

Sunderland and Everton chasing Johnson. Same two plus Villa after Grant Holt.

Dembele set to reject a contract offer from Fulham.

Craig Gordon released from Sunderland....wonder whether Harry will look to take him in on a free...wouldnt want him to be coming in as our main competition to Freidel for next year however Harry seems to like having 3 keepers so could be 3rd choice. He's still only 29 and as Scotland keeper would get a lot of practice!!

Can see gomes and Carlo leaving this summer and if we're going to have 3 keepers, then if we sign a top class keeper to compete with Friedel then we could have Frediel + new guy + Gordon

Craig Gordon released from Sunderland....wonder whether Harry will look to take him in on a free...wouldnt want him to be coming in as our main competition to Freidel for next year however Harry seems to like having 3 keepers so could be 3rd choice. He's still only 29 and as Scotland keeper would get a lot of practice!!

Can see gomes and Carlo leaving this summer and if we're going to have 3 keepers, then if we sign a top class keeper to compete with Friedel then we could have Frediel + new guy + Gordon

am pretty sure if you read that again you'll be confident there is no way that Gordon will come to us

Dembele set to reject a contract offer from Fulham.[/QUOTE]

Think that could be our door of oppurtunity, if HR is interested. And if we are, then lets get it done sooner than later.
Just for once I'd like to see us have our incomings sorted for the start of preseason.

Read on another site we could be in for Jack Butland. COuld be a decent move, a chance he might be our Joe Hart, understudy to Friedel then once big Brad calls it a day, we have a young GK for the next few years

Dembele set to reject a contract offer from Fulham.[/QUOTE]

Think that could be our door of oppurtunity, if HR is interested. And if we are, then lets get it done sooner than later.
Just for once I'd like to see us have our incomings sorted for the start of preseason.

Read on another site we could be in for Jack Butland. COuld be a decent move, a chance he might be our Joe Hart, understudy to Friedel then once big Brad calls it a day, we have a young GK for the next few years

Is that similar to a window of opportunity?

Who: The Goat
When: 18th may
Where: SC

NOT from our usual source but from a respected poster on SC who can do without the aggro of posting this. He's hearing Bale wants away no matter what happens regarding CL with United, Madrid and Barca the likely destinations.

Regarding the above. Apologies, I was in a hurry and worded it badly.

NOT from our usual source but from a respected poster on SC who can do without the aggro of posting this. The poster in question was left in no doubt that his source is convinced Bale is off, regardless of the outcome of the CL final with United, Madrid and Barca all interested.

from another forum

So his source is convinced? I.e. That's his opinion, well who cares?! If I asked my source, could be my brother, who has no ITK at all, he could say Bale loves it here and wants to stay forever. Suddenly I can then release a story saying that my source is convinced that Bale wants to stay forever. Hmmm...ITK

Spanish newspaper MARCA, who knows everything thats going on at Real Madrid, have Modric on their front page today.

They say he is their nr 1 target, if they sell Kaka

He played for Saudi Sportswashing Machine (albeit for the truck load of cash they paid him). I'd certainly prefer to see him on the bench or starting in certain games than Saha. I cna't see him playing for any other top team, and he will get more opportunities with us due to the number of games we'll have next year, whatever the outcome of the CL final

Spanish newspaper MARCA, who knows everything thats going on at Real Madrid, have Modric on their front page today.

They say he is their nr 1 target, if they sell Kaka

If they're getting him to replace kaka they'll be sorely disappointed! Alonso replacement maybe but don't see him going anywhere, I'd be asking for him in exchange if any deal was to be done.

Seems Modric is a very mis understood player, not surprising really when some of our own fans still go on about lack of goals/assists.

Back