• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hoilett won't be cheap. It'll go to tribunal and remember last time that happened we had to pay ?ú5m for Bostock.

I just see Hoilett as another N'Zogbia really.

Remy is all about pace and power driving in from the flank. A bit like Hulk, or Wiltord. He certainly can't hold the ball up and isn't a great finisher.

Right of a front 3, or right in a 4-5-; but certainly not a lone forward. More a Gio replacement if anyone.

We pay 5million for bostock if he plays something like 50 league appearances and makes 10 senior international appearances if that's the case you'd think 5 million was good business

Hoilett won't be cheap. It'll go to tribunal and remember last time that happened we had to pay ?ú5m for Bostock.

I just see Hoilett as another N'Zogbia really.

Remy is all about pace and power driving in from the flank. A bit like Hulk, or Wiltord. He certainly can't hold the ball up and isn't a great finisher.

Right of a front 3, or right in a 4-5-; but certainly not a lone forward. More a Gio replacement if anyone.

Even at ?ú5m Hoilett is a bargain, and certainly has more about him than NZogbia IMO. Far more versatile, showing a greater intelligence and also more composed.

I havent seen a great deal of Remy so wont comment to forcefully, but from what I have seen you havent described him at all well IMO.

Hoillet achieved a lot in the PL this year despite playing for a brick team and, to put his performances into perspective, he's just 1 year older than Andros Townsend. The guy has serious potential and there's lot of similarities in terms of how he plays and where he is in his career to when Ashley Young was at Watford. 12 months later Young was at Villa and tearing up the PL. If we can get Hoillet for ?ú5m he would be a steal

Bostock cost like 700k, can we stop making stuff up now please.

Exactly.

There is the possibility of additional payments, amounting to a further ?ú1.25 million, if Bostock plays a certain number of games for Spurs or becomes a full international. But that isn't looking likely at the moment.

I'd be very surprised if Hoilett costs a penny more than ?ú2 million. And, by today's standards, that's very cheap.

I would like Hoilett if only to give us a bit more exposure here in Canada (even though they're beginning to hate him for choose Jamaica). I think he looks a cracking player.

Hoillet achieved a lot in the PL this year despite playing for a brick team and, to put his performances into perspective, he's just 1 year older than Andros Townsend. The guy has serious potential and there's lot of similarities in terms of how he plays and where he is in his career to when Ashley Young was at Watford. 12 months later Young was at Villa and tearing up the PL. If we can get Hoillet for ?ú5m he would be a steal

Thats a very good shout! Extremely similar players/skill sets (compared to Young at Watford).

I remember liking the look of young but thinking villa overpaid. I also remember a season later thinking he proved to be a steal.

I would like Hoilett if only to give us a bit more exposure here in Canada (even though they're beginning to hate him for choose Jamaica). I think he looks a cracking player.

He hasn't picked Jamaica yet. Weirdly enough, he's also eligible to play for the US (that'd be nice). Anyway, he hasn't committed to an international team yet (source: the venerable wikipedia).

Hoilett for me loses a lot of his appeal when played on the wing. He really is more suited playing in behind a main striker, in the VDV role tbh. The issue is, while picking up a cheapish replacement is always good, currently Hoilett is in no way as good a player as Stevie P.

I've heard through several sources in Soccer Canada that Junior wants to play for Canada but his Dad wants him to play for whatever nation will earn him the most money through publicity and right now that probably isn't Canada.

I've heard through several sources in Soccer Canada that Junior wants to play for Canada but his Dad wants him to play for whatever nation will earn him the most money through publicity and right now that probably isn't Canada.

Yeah I heard it was his Dad pushing him for Jamaica. Doesn't seem like there's much hope for Canada at this point.

I know Canada aren't that great, but surely he's got a better chance of doing something with them. At least make a Gold Cup Final every now and then?

Believe there's an outside chance he can represent England as well.
Perhaps the reason why he's waiting to pick his nation?

Who: The Goat
When: 17th May
Where: SC

Harry met Remy today

Can help but feel there's a pun in there somewhere :lol:

Over on a Fulham site they seem to think it could be Defoe + money for Dembele, though someone said Jol wants Gio. We should let Jol have his pick from our fringe players. Jenas, Bentley, Kranjcar, Gio. Hell, they can have them all. They'll certainly need some more creativity if they lose both Dembele and Dempsey. Murphy is 35 and still hasn't signed on for next season.

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Big-spending Paris St-Germain are monitoring Napoli's 27-year-old Argentine forward Ezequiel Lavezzi, who is also thought to have been targeted by Emirates Marketing Project.

Full story: talkSPORT

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has admitted he would welcome the opportunity of playing in Spain.

Full story: Metro

France's Young Player of the Year, the 22-year-old Morocco international Younes Belhanda, says he wants to stay with Montpellier for another season, despite being linked with Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal

Full story: talkSPORT

Wolves striker Steven Fletcher is expected to reject the chance of a move to Sunderland.

Full story: Daily Mail

Meanwhile Sunderland goalkeeper Craig Gordon says he could still remain with the club despite his contract having expired at the end of the season.

Full story: Goal.com

Bologna's 21-year-old Uruguayan midfielder Gaston Ramirez, who is believed to be wanted by several English clubs including Liverpool, could have played his last game for the Italian club, his agent says.

Full story: Inside Futbol
OTHER GOSSIP

Manchester United's latest accounts have revealed they lost ?ú71m to financial obligations imposed by owners the Glazers over the last nine months.

Full story: Daily Mail

Theo Walcott's brother and father have revealed they won't be travelling to Euro 2012 to watch the England winger in action, over fears of racist attacks.

AND FINALLY

After Paul the Octopus at the 2010 World Cup, a football mad llama has been tipped to become the next match-predicting global phenomenon after correctly guessing the result of the FA Cup final. But will his Champions League prediction also come true?

Arouna Kone's agent talk us up as one of the clubs interested in his client.
Flopped at Sevilla, but was excellent this season out on loan at Levante scoring 15 goals for the big surprise team of the season. Now out of contract. Could be a 3rd choice option up front, more in him than Saha I'd say.

Back