• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alot of ITK on Twitter suggesting Vertonghen is done deal now. Also suggestions we're in for Hoilett aswel as Remy and Ade.... Id be happy with those 4 signings i think

Alot of ITK on Twitter suggesting Vertonghen is done deal now. Also suggestions we're in for Hoilett aswel as Remy and Ade.... Id be happy with those 4 signings i think

so the Twitterati can access newsnow and can read newspapers....great

Add a keeper to that lot and it would be as perfect a window as we could have hoped for!!

No point getting both Remy and Hoilett really. Unless Bale is leaving...

If Hoilett is cheap? why not.

If Remy starts banging them in, he can take one of the striker roles, doesn't need to be stuck out wide. One Lennon injury in that case and suddenly Hoilett makes sense.

GB is convinced Remy can play as a winger, from what Ive seen he is the only one, but guess he sees a conflict of too many wide players in that case.

Hoilett a few million, no brainer, good cover for Lennon and Bale and can even do VDVs role (albeit in a different way)

Remy is a striker for me, right of a front three at best. Probable replacement to Defoe (and Saha?)

GB is convinced Remy can play as a winger, from what Ive seen he is the only one, but guess he sees a conflict of too many wide players in that case.

Hoilett a few million, no brainer, good cover for Lennon and Bale and can even do VDVs role (albeit in a different way)

Remy is a striker for me, right of a front three at best. Probable replacement to Defoe (and Saha?)

Nayim, have a good friend who is a Marsielle fan, in his opion Remy is a fast striker who can play wide. Not trying to defend GB, but it seems he can play there.

I however do not think we are looking to buy him to play him there, he is being bought as an out and out striker. Interesting option chasing a game may be taking Lennon off and playing 3 up front with Remy the wide option up front.

Hoilett as you said, no brainer if price is right.

Tell me about it!!

Nayim, have a good friend who is a Marsielle fan, in his opion Remy is a fast striker who can play wide. Not trying to defend GB, but it seems he can play there.

I however do not think we are looking to buy him to play him there, he is being bought as an out and out striker. Interesting option chasing a game may be taking Lennon off and playing 3 up front with Remy the wide option up front.

Hoilett as you said, no brainer if price is right.

Define wide, winger? or part of a front 3? Very different positions IMO.

BTW, right of a front 3, with Walker making up width could work very nicely IMO. (With Bale on the other side, Hoilett covering either side if need be...)

We're not denying he has played there, he is just rubbish when he plays there.

Deschamps would love it if he could play with no strikers. Playing defensive all the time.

We're not denying he has played there, he is just rubbish when he plays there.

Deschamps would love it if he could play with no strikers. Playing defensive all the time.

Can't comment, I'll ask my friend (who is from France and watches every Marsielle game normally).

Back