• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't comment, I'll ask my friend (who is from France and watches every Marsielle game normally).

Your mate will tell you im sure. Marseille fans and the media moan when he is on the right. He is a goalscorer, he walks around the pitch, and wakes up when the ball is near the box, he cant cross anyway. He aint a passer either, he is a finisher.

OM: Remy has concerns extra-sports?
10 THE SPORT | 17.05.12 | 17:30

Currently injured his thigh and in the most total blur as to its participation in the Euro with the Blues, Loic Remy would be disturbed by worries that have nothing to do with football.

Loic Remy is a real headache for Laurent Blanc. OM striker, who has gone through a season littered with sores and very promising times for club and country team in France, requires six weeks prior to replay in football because of an injured thigh. The concern may be even more worrisome because his physical ailments are not alone.

"His head is not into football at the moment"
According to Le Parisien on Wednesday, Remy would be "disrupted by issues extra-sporting" (transfer rumor?). Then one might think that its possible transfer to Tottenham is the crux of the problem but a relative, quoted by our competitors, ensures that "it is not necessarily the problem right now." Mystery.

Premiership bound

INSTITUTE starlet Aaron McEneff is joining Premiership giants Tottenham Hotspur this summer, Sentinel Sport can reveal.

The gifted midfielder, who earlier in the year had a trial with Scottish Premier Division side Kilmarnock, is signing a two year scholarship deal with Harry Redknapp’s side following a successful display at White Hart Lane.

In fact former England international and now Spurs Technical Co-ordinator Tim Sherwood, felt McEneff reminded him of a ‘young Roy Keane’, after he watched him during a training session.

The St Columbs College student concedes he’s over the moon about his move to North London.

“I was offered a two year scholarship with Spurs and I’m buzzing,” admitted the 16-year-old.

“I went over a few months ago and took part in a few training sessions but they wanted me back to play in a match and I played against Aston Villa a few weeks ago.

“I think that is when Tim Sherwood said something about me reminding him of a ‘young Roy Keane’, which was nice to hear but a bit crazy,” said the Manchester United supporter.

The level headed Northern Ireland U17 international although thrilled about his summer move isn’t taking his eye off his studies and is concentrating on his forthcoming exams before aiming to try and hit the big time at White Hart Lane.

“Yes I can’t wait to make the move across to London, but before that I have to make sure that I get my GCSE’s first and then start thinking about Spurs.

“My first target whenever I go over to London is to try and do well in the Spurs Under 18 side under Alex Inglethorpe and then hopefully progress into the Academy under John McDermott and then see what happens.

“Because I have a two year scholarship at such a big club I know what I have to do, so hopefully I can knuckle down and do well.”

’Stute’s Head of Development Paul Kee is thrilled McEneff is getting his move across the water.

“Aaron is a great lad both on and off the pitch and he certainly has the right mentality to make it, but he knows that the hard work starts now.

“He broke into our first team this season and did very well and I’m confident we as a club can produce more young players.”

All of McEneff’s old sides Institute, Maiden City Academy and Don Boscos are expected to benefit financially with the move to Spurs.

http://www.londonderrysentinel.co.uk/sport/premiership-bound-1-3853654

I won't believe it 'til he's got the Shirt-in-Hand pose wiv 'Arry... (or Tim in this case!)

Ummm......

Vertonghen: You cannot say no if AC Milan calls
The 25-year-old center back is widely expected to move to White Hart Lane this summer, but has now confessed that he would jump at the opportunity to join the Rossoneri.

May 17, 2012 10:19:00 AM

Ajax captain Jan Vertonghen has admitted that he would find it impossible to turn down AC Milan if the club made an offer for his services.

The Belgium international still has a year to run on his current contract with the Eredivisie champion but is expected to leave Amsterdam this summer, with Tottenham Hotspur said to be leading the chase for his signature.

Vertonghen has repeatedly expressed his interest in a move to White Hart Lane but the deal has reportedly hit a snag over the 16.3 million euro asking fee.

The player has now revealed that he is still entertaining thoughts of joining Milan, having been lavished with praise by Rossoneri CEO Adriano Galliani during the group stages of the 2010-11 Champions League.

"I was struck by his words of appreciation after the game," the 25-year-old center back is quoted as saying by MilanNews.it. "His words made me blush.

"I like the Premier League, but if Milan call you, you cannot say no."

Vertonghen, who has been capped 36 times by his country, arrived in Amsterdam as a youngster from Belgian outfit Germinal Beerschot and has since established himself as one of the most highly-rated defenders in Europe.

Also, i'm going to drop this in here too:

GentlemensAgreement-PosterArt.jpg

Ummm......

Vertonghen: You cannot say no if AC Milan calls
The 25-year-old center back is widely expected to move to White Hart Lane this summer, but has now confessed that he would jump at the opportunity to join the Rossoneri.

May 17, 2012 10:19:00 AM

Ajax captain Jan Vertonghen has admitted that he would find it impossible to turn down AC Milan if the club made an offer for his services.

The Belgium international still has a year to run on his current contract with the Eredivisie champion but is expected to leave Amsterdam this summer, with Tottenham Hotspur said to be leading the chase for his signature.

Vertonghen has repeatedly expressed his interest in a move to White Hart Lane but the deal has reportedly hit a snag over the 16.3 million euro asking fee.

The player has now revealed that he is still entertaining thoughts of joining Milan, having been lavished with praise by Rossoneri CEO Adriano Galliani during the group stages of the 2010-11 Champions League.

"I was struck by his words of appreciation after the game," the 25-year-old center back is quoted as saying by MilanNews.it. "His words made me blush.

"I like the Premier League, but if Milan call you, you cannot say no."

Vertonghen, who has been capped 36 times by his country, arrived in Amsterdam as a youngster from Belgian outfit Germinal Beerschot and has since established himself as one of the most highly-rated defenders in Europe.

Here we go again...

Turns out that the story has been taken down because the quotes are from a few months ago. Thank f*ck!

If Hoilett is cheap? why not.

If Remy starts banging them in, he can take one of the striker roles, doesn't need to be stuck out wide. One Lennon injury in that case and suddenly Hoilett makes sense.

Hoilett won't be cheap. It'll go to tribunal and remember last time that happened we had to pay ?ú5m for Bostock.

I just see Hoilett as another N'Zogbia really.

GB is convinced Remy can play as a winger, from what Ive seen he is the only one, but guess he sees a conflict of too many wide players in that case.

Hoilett a few million, no brainer, good cover for Lennon and Bale and can even do VDVs role (albeit in a different way)

Remy is a striker for me, right of a front three at best. Probable replacement to Defoe (and Saha?)

Remy is all about pace and power driving in from the flank. A bit like Hulk, or Wiltord. He certainly can't hold the ball up and isn't a great finisher.

Right of a front 3, or right in a 4-5-; but certainly not a lone forward. More a Gio replacement if anyone.

Back