• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
About as laughable as people unquestioningly accepting 'ITK' information, no?!

In any case, I'm torn... don't think Harry should be sacked or offered a long-term contract... but having a season where his contract runs out at the end of it might be destabilising... I think I'd offer him a 1-year extension.

Why. Just more compo to pay if we fudge him off. Hell never do any better than spurs and he knows it

I honestly believe Martin will be an even bigger success than Cabaye in this league

His one touch passing can be absolutely devastational, he thrives on bringing wide players into play and he creates countless chances for strikers with direct lofted through balls. He could be exactly what we need, either as competition/ever so slightly different option to Luka or even if Luka leaves. Possibly even the two of them on the same pitch?

Spurs fans don't like Kranjcar because he can't run 100m in under 11 seconds. Harry mis-manages the squad horrifically, ofcourse players are going to look rusty and unfit when they barely play. Harry's built a first 11 for straight line speed in wide areas so whenever you take one of those components away the team becomes a little disjointed as the team isn't setup to suit them. He should just put together a squad of 22 players where you have two like-for-likes in every position as it's clear he can't adapt to other styles of play.

His one touch passing can be absolutely devastational, he thrives on bringing wide players into play and he creates countless chances for strikers with direct lofted through balls. He could be exactly what we need, either as competition/ever so slightly different option to Luka or even if Luka leaves. Possibly even the two of them on the same pitch?

Is now my word of the day.

Spurs fans don't like Kranjcar because he can't run 100m in under 11 seconds. Harry mis-manages the squad horrifically, ofcourse players are going to look rusty and unfit when they barely play. Harry's built a first 11 for straight line speed in wide areas so whenever you take one of those components away the team becomes a little disjointed as the team isn't setup to suit them. He should just put together a squad of 22 players where you have two like-for-likes in every position as it's clear he can't adapt to other styles of play.

Thanks for pigeon holing our oppinions for us, makes things much easier....

I think to have both on the pitch at the same time we'd have to move to 4-3-3/4-5-1 meaning Lennon will probably end up missing out.

I think to have both on the pitch at the same time we'd have to move to 4-3-3/4-5-1 meaning Lennon will probably end up missing out.

Possibly, but imagine Modric and Martin in front of Sandro, with Bale/Lennon on the wings cutting in and all supplying a beast of a front man... It could be interesting. And that midfield also has a wonderful defnesive element to it.

Possibly, but imagine Modric and Martin in front of Sandro, with Bale/Lennon on the wings cutting in and all supplying a beast of a front man... It could be interesting. And that midfield also has a wonderful defnesive element to it.

Then VDV misses out.

So it's any two of Lennon, VDV and Martin.

I forgot to mention that none of you can remember past last week when it comes to football.

And you seem to be stuck in the past. He has not been up to it the past two seasons barring a couple of important goals. Unfortunately it often papers over the cracks when a player scores, even though their all round game has been lacklustre

Then VDV misses out.

So it's any two of Lennon, VDV and Martin.

To be honest I don't have a problem with that. In the long term we are not going to keep the shape that Rafa forces us to employ. Great player but I think we can perform just as well if not a little better without him but with a more defined shape. It would give us a better opportunity for rotation as well.

If always felt that Kranjcar is the most natural replacement/cover to VDV in the squad. And in some respects his natural lack of mobility would work better for the shape of the team in that he would stay forward in support of the striker more...

And you seem to be stuck in the past. He has not been up to it the past two seasons barring a couple of important goals. Unfortunately it often papers over the cracks when a player scores, even though their all round game has been lacklustre

Because when he eventually gets a game he's been sitting on the bench for the previous 3 months. It's a vicious cycle, don't play, get a chance, look rusty, fans proclaim how crap he is, back on the bench. Even worse when you're on the bench all the time, come on against Bolton, score the winner, play the next game away to Sunderland and score another winner. The following game away to AC Milan you're dropped for Pienaar who had been here for about 5 minutes. Excellent man management by Harry, definitely a good way to keep the squad players motivated.

Back