• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Harry Redknapp - first team man management genius. No idea how to treat the rest of his squad. His most successful solution so far is "fudge it. Loan them all out, so I don't have to deal with them".

Not the first time he's treated him like that either.

If the option is to back Krankjar or back Redknapp, I back Redknapp.

The insinuation is that Redknapp is being beastly unfair. But ffs, he signed Nico! So the narrative that it's Redknapp not looking after a non-favourite simply doesn't make sense.

Nico has put in 2 or 3 good performances in 2 years at Spurs. He's had every chance to work well in training and break into the team, and he got a run when there were injuries. And what happened? Sweet fanny adams. He did fudge all.

Sorry, he has decent ability and he seems a decent lad, but fudge Krankjar. He he had his chance at a big club and he wasn't up to it. Laters Nico.

If the option is to back Krankjar or back Redknapp, I back Redknapp.

The insinuation is that Redknapp is being beastly unfair. But ffs, he signed Nico! So the narrative that it's Redknapp not looking after a non-favourite simply doesn't make sense.

Nico has put in 2 or 3 good performances in 2 years at Spurs. He's had every chance to work well in training and break into the team, and he got a run when there were injuries. And what happened? Sweet fanny adams. He did fudge all.

Sorry, he has decent ability and he seems a decent lad, but fudge Krankjar. He he had his chance at a big club and he wasn't up to it. Laters Nico.

I'm perfectly happy for Nico to go - I don't think he is up to the level we require.

However, that doesn't mean it's OK to treat players that are out of favour in that manner - what if they're needed for cover? What if someone else leaves and they're all we have to play in that position?

It's one thing to drop a player for not being good enough, it's another thing entirely to ignore them for weeks/months.

I'm perfectly happy for Nico to go - I don't think he is up to the level we require.

However, that doesn't mean it's OK to treat players that are out of favour in that manner - what if they're needed for cover? What if someone else leaves and they're all we have to play in that position?

It's one thing to drop a player for not being good enough, it's another thing entirely to ignore them for weeks/months.

i fail to see how niko is not up to the talent we need as a squad player.

technical player with end product...can pass and move......shoot etc.

what more do you want? i mean seriously..who would you prefer to replace him

As I've said before:

The idea of Nico >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nico.

Well he's obviously not going to get 6th with Wigan; with Spurs' squad is a different story.

Still it's a fair point, they are always battling relegation. Whilst other poor clubs like Swansea and Norwich have got to mid-table. I just have a man-crush on Martinez.... love the way he talks about the game, is a very likeable guy, and got Wigan playing fantastic football and getting great results with an interesting formation at the end of the season. That's why I want to wait another year - to see if that was just a bit of luck, or if he can carry it through to next season.

There's no questioning his knowledge of football or willingness to play the game the right way. My biggest concern is his mentality. How much does winning matter to him? You can be the nicest bloke in the world, but in the end you need to inspire/push your players to do what it takes to win.

As I've said before:

Absolutely this

The few times he was given a chance in the second part of the season - appeared to put in a shift equivalent to that of a pub player

Good riddance and dont let the door hit you

As I've said before:

that must be some idea of Niko....cause the year we made 4th Niko played just over half the season in the starting lineup replacing an injured modric and we dominated teams with Niko playing significantly well

top class player however doesnt really fit into our system where we play with two out and out wingers. People talk of him playing the VdV role however he's never played there so (i) Harry clearly doesnt agree and (ii) there's no proof or otherwise that he can play there

I like Niko but with our formation he's wasted / not needed. Better of bringing in someone who better fits the way we play

I will ALWAYS remember Kranjcar's performance in the 9-1 win at home to Wigan.

Lennon and Defoe get most of the plaudits but Kranjcar RAN the show, absolutely ran in. Some of his passing was out of this world and his finish to make it 9 topped off for me a man of the match performance.

top class player however doesnt really fit into our system where we play with two out and out wingers. People talk of him playing the VdV role however he's never played there so (i) Harry clearly doesnt agree and (ii) there's no proof or otherwise that he can play there

I like Niko but with our formation he's wasted / not needed. Better of bringing in someone who better fits the way we play

but why cage ourselves into one style of play? we would need Niko if we wanted to play someone in the winger playmaker role

I will ALWAYS remember Kranjcar's performance in the 9-1 win at home to Wigan.

Lennon and Defoe get most of the plaudits but Kranjcar RAN the show, absolutely ran in. Some of his passing was out of this world and his finish to make it 9 topped off for me a man of the match performance.

even against liverpool , home and away in the season just gone he was fantastic

that must be some idea of Niko....cause the year we made 4th Niko played just over half the season in the starting lineup replacing an injured modric and we dominated teams with Niko playing significantly well

He did then, but then looked unfit/fat and dis-interested for two years. He got chances and screwed them up. Footballers always come out in the press and make themselves look like victims, they get too wrapped in cotton wool by their agents. They need to man the fudge up and just do what they're paid to do. Want out? Well put yourself in the shop window and play some football instead of sulking about it

even against liverpool , home and away in the season just gone he was fantastic

His 45 minutes against Liverpool at home was brilliant. Playing RIGHT midfield too. Yeah he was awesome away, such a shame we didn't end up winning though with Bale's late chance.

Not to forget his involvement in the Saudi Sportswashing Machine 5-0 hammering.

Fantastic compilation of Marvin Martin and Ryad Boudebouz's movement together for Sochaux:

[video=youtube;46WpccCTr88]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46WpccCTr88[/video]
[video=youtube;H0AyX9o0h7s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0AyX9o0h7s[/video]

I'm more into Martin as Boudebouz could potentially be Tarrabt mkII and a bit blinkered. But this shows how fantastically well they work together and also how Martin could potentially link up with either Bale or Lennon if they start playing more narowlly, certainly Bale given his runs inside in the second half of the season.

Sorry, I meant for the first team.

He's easily good enough for our squad but I was working on the assumption he'd want more than that.

Back