• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fine, but that's next year. At the end of next season we might have finished 6th and Wigan might have finished mid-table under Martinez, and we might want to sack Harry and replace him with Martinez.

He's gonna have to do a damn sight better than his 25% win record to get sixth, the guy consistently toys with relegation. Really needs to prove himself before we take such a gamble on him, when there is very little evidence he'll be a success.

As I've said, I would be open to looking at a new manager who could take us forward, but can't believe people are advocating replacing Redknapp with Martinez, it is genuinely mental

grant holt ‏@holty30

Just to stop the rumour mill again. I have expressed to the board and the CEO that I want to leave the football club. Due to disagreements
I have loved my 3 years at the club and it sadness me to right this but want use to here it from me first.

I bet he has been abused by the spelling police.

Nice to see a player be more upfront too... honest for a change.

Niko Kranjcar claims to be unaware of what the future holds for him at Tottenham, with a lack of communication leaving him in the dark.

"Maybe Tottenham are talking with Dynamo Kiev, I just don't know. I'm in the dark. Nobody has told me anything."
Niko Kranjcar
Quotes of the week
The Croatia international has often found himself on the fringes of the first-team fold at White Hart Lane, leaving him frustrated and considering his options.

He finds himself in a similar situation this summer, with it unlikely that he will be a regular in 2012/13.

Spurs have been reluctant to part with his services in the past, with competition for places important, but Kranjcar may decide to force their hand.

He claims he has been given no indication by boss Harry Redknapp as to where he figures in his plans, if at all, and says he knows nothing of reports linking him with a move to Dynamo Kiev.

Contact

"I don't have any contact with my manager Harry Redknapp," Kranjcar told Sportske Novosti.

"When I was leaving London to head back home to Croatia, he didn't tell me anything about next season. So I don't really know if he is counting on me or not.

"A move to the Ukraine? I don't know. Nobody has told me about this.

"Maybe Tottenham are talking with Dynamo Kiev, I just don't know. I'm in the dark. Nobody has told me anything."

He's gonna have to do a damn sight better than his 25% win record to get sixth, the guy consistently toys with relegation. Really needs to prove himself before we take such a gamble on him, when there is very little evidence he'll be a success.

As I've said, I would be open to looking at a new manager who could take us forward, but can't believe people are advocating replacing Redknapp with Martinez, it is genuinely mental

Well he's obviously not going to get 6th with Wigan; with Spurs' squad is a different story.

Still it's a fair point, they are always battling relegation. Whilst other poor clubs like Swansea and Norwich have got to mid-table. I just have a man-crush on Martinez.... love the way he talks about the game, is a very likeable guy, and got Wigan playing fantastic football and getting great results with an interesting formation at the end of the season. That's why I want to wait another year - to see if that was just a bit of luck, or if he can carry it through to next season.

Niko Kranjcar claims to be unaware of what the future holds for him at Tottenham, with a lack of communication leaving him in the dark.

Niko Kranjcar
Quotes of the week
The Croatia international has often found himself on the fringes of the first-team fold at White Hart Lane, leaving him frustrated and considering his options.

He finds himself in a similar situation this summer, with it unlikely that he will be a regular in 2012/13.

Spurs have been reluctant to part with his services in the past, with competition for places important, but Kranjcar may decide to force their hand.

He claims he has been given no indication by boss Harry Redknapp as to where he figures in his plans, if at all, and says he knows nothing of reports linking him with a move to Dynamo Kiev.

Contact

"I don't have any contact with my manager Harry Redknapp," Kranjcar told Sportske Novosti.

"When I was leaving London to head back home to Croatia, he didn't tell me anything about next season. So I don't really know if he is counting on me or not.

"A move to the Ukraine? I don't know. Nobody has told me about this.

Harry Redknapp - first team man management genius. No idea how to treat the rest of his squad. His most successful solution so far is "fudge it. Loan them all out, so I don't have to deal with them".

Replacing the most successful Tottenham manager of the last 20 years with the 3rd most successful Wigan manager of the last 7 years?

Marvin Martin demands move with Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool circling

The 24-year-old, who is currently with the France squad ahead of Euro 2012, has told Sochaux officials he intends to move on, after the club suffered another disappointing league campaign, finishing 14th.

'I'm ready to go and play overseas, but I have not made a decision about my future,' Martin said.
'I know there has been contact but I'm 100 per cent focused on France and the Euros.'

The aforementioned contact has come from other Ligue 1 clubs, with Lille leading the hunt for the Paris-born midfielder, but the former French Young Player of the Year also boasts huge interest from Premier League clubs.

Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool are all long-term admirers of the forward, and have scouted him intensively in the last 18 months, fulling speculation that they will now move in.

Martin is expected to be available for a bargain ?ú8 million price, despite having three-years left to run on his Sochaux contract, that was only renewed late last year.

He currently earns around ?ú45,000-a-week on that deal, but is expected to command at least ?ú60,000-a-week, if he moves to the Premier League as expected.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footba...al-spurs-and-liverpool-circling#ixzz1wXWRrDaH

I'd go for ?ú8m, he looks a talented lad and I've already mentioned him in the Euro thread as a player I'm hoping gets some good minutes on the pitch.

grant holt ‏@holty30

Just to stop the rumour mill again. I have expressed to the board and the CEO that I want to leave the football club. Due to disagreements
I have loved my 3 years at the club and it sadness me to right this but want use to here it from me first.

Thick taco

Marvin Martin demands move with Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool circling

The 24-year-old, who is currently with the France squad ahead of Euro 2012, has told Sochaux officials he intends to move on, after the club suffered another disappointing league campaign, finishing 14th.

'I'm ready to go and play overseas, but I have not made a decision about my future,' Martin said.
'I know there has been contact but I'm 100 per cent focused on France and the Euros.'

The aforementioned contact has come from other Ligue 1 clubs, with Lille leading the hunt for the Paris-born midfielder, but the former French Young Player of the Year also boasts huge interest from Premier League clubs.

Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool are all long-term admirers of the forward, and have scouted him intensively in the last 18 months, fulling speculation that they will now move in.

Martin is expected to be available for a bargain ?ú8 million price, despite having three-years left to run on his Sochaux contract, that was only renewed late last year.

He currently earns around ?ú45,000-a-week on that deal, but is expected to command at least ?ú60,000-a-week, if he moves to the Premier League as expected.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footba...al-spurs-and-liverpool-circling#ixzz1wXWRrDaH

I'd go for ?ú8m, he looks a talented lad and I've already mentioned him in the Euro thread as a player I'm hoping gets some good minutes on the pitch.

journos, eh.

Back