• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The only thing Harry wants is a new contact now the England job didnt go his way. His Agent is trying to sort something out with Daniel at the moment. Not much progress so far, but that is where 2+2=5.

POTL

grant holt ‏@holty30

Just to stop the rumour mill again. I have expressed to the board and the CEO that I want to leave the football club. Due to disagreements
I have loved my 3 years at the club and it sadness me to right this but want use to here it from me first.

Neil Lennon and Malky Mackay being mentioned as possible candidates for Norwich. For their sake I hope the stay far away from Bruce.

It really is laughable the **** trying to back us into a corner a demand loyalty now. What a prized cretin. The lack of awareness is staggering. If Chelsea want him, bye bye Henry!!

About as laughable as people unquestioningly accepting 'ITK' information, no?!

In any case, I'm torn... don't think Harry should be sacked or offered a long-term contract... but having a season where his contract runs out at the end of it might be destabilising... I think I'd offer him a 1-year extension.

About as laughable as people unquestioningly accepting 'ITK' information, no?!

In any case, I'm torn... don't think Harry should be sacked or offered a long-term contract... but having a season where his contract runs out at the end of it might be destabilising... I think I'd offer him a 1-year extension.

A 1-year extension puts us in exactly the same place next year. It's time to stick or twist.

Can never understand why managers aren't given a rolling one year contract (June-June) -renogotiable every calendar year with a minimum release fee.

That way a club doesn't have to pay ridiculous sums to get rid of a manager, the club can't be held to ransom and if someone really wnats to poach your gaffer half way through the year the price is there.

In an ever changing, fast paced business it seems ludicrous, the only people lacing their pockets are failing managers and fat cat agents.

Can never understand why managers aren't given a rolling one year contract (June-June) -renogotiable every calendar year with a minimum release fee.

That way a club doesn't have to pay ridiculous sums to get rid of a manager, the club can't be held to ransom and if someone really wnats to poach your gaffer half way through the year the price is there.

In an ever changing, fast paced business it seems ludicrous, the only people lacing their pockets are failing managers and fat cat agents.

Would you do your job on an annual rolling contract?

Would you do your job on an annual rolling contract?

For ?ú60k a week? yes. Football is full of nepitism, it's not like you lose your job and have to try and make ends meet - generally, if you're worth your salt you pop up somewhere else in a month or two (just after the tan fades from your 3 week holiday in the bahamas!) It's a crazy merry go round. In general if you are a crap manger you can always do pundity (badly) see Roy Keane/Gareth Southgate)

Although I can't understand why Curbs has never got back into management - I rate him quite highly.

A 1-year extension puts us in exactly the same place next year. It's time to stick or twist.

Fine, but that's next year. At the end of next season we might have finished 6th and Wigan might have finished mid-table under Martinez, and we might want to sack Harry and replace him with Martinez.

Really? When was the last time we bought an old journeyman player who'd only played in the Premier League for one season?

Old journeymen you say? :-k

- Crouch
- Nelsen
- Parker
- Brad
- Saha
- Gallas
- Cudicini
- Pienaar
- Pletikosa
- Chimbonda
- Beckham (nearly)

This list continues further beyond Redknapp - won't go into details but Gilberto and Rocha are honourable guests

Last edited:
Back