• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shouldnt Luuk de Jong be our target not Ba?? Wasnt he a Chelsea target?? I call BS on this

Wasnt overly impressed by de Jong when he played against us a year or two ago and clips which i've seen of him since dont really change my mind. Can see him being more of a Kezman rather than a Van Rapist

Wasnt overly impressed by de Jong when he played against us a year or two ago and clips which i've seen of him since dont really change my mind. Can see him being more of a Kezman rather than a Van Rapist

Two year ago i would have happily got rid of Bale, not now though. Players do sometimes improve over time.

Everything has always been about Harry, you can almost bet your life on him having a very average season next year if he has to see out his contract and has not got what he wants. He burnt way too many bridges flaunting himself to another employer, slandering our club and being an all round gob-brick. Get him the fudge out of Spurs.

He's still only 21 years old.

Ba is settled and productive in this league, also proven to be able to lead the line reasonably well - also no doubt cheaper.

De JOng looks a gamble to me, in this respect I can well understand the club going for BA isntead

Apart from his injury and insurance issues, which mean we'd never touch him.

Even ignoring that, I think De Jong would be a better back-up for Ade. De Jong is also 6 years younger than Ba, so may emerge and become first choice in time (whereas Ba is already at his peak).

Apart from his injury and insurance issues, which mean we'd never touch him.

Even ignoring that, I think De Jong would be a better back-up for Ade. De Jong is also 6 years younger than Ba, so may emerge and become first choice in time (whereas Ba is already at his peak).

BA's peak is pretty high. If de jong reached there he would have done excellently

so he's a project then? cause i also havent seen anything that makes me think we have missed out on anything now

Haven't seen much of him at all, but I'm far from convinced that Demba Ba is the future. I'd rather take a punt on de Jong if we were going sign one of them.

You couldn't make it up!

He didn't commit to us back in Feb and now expects us to give him full backing. Righto.

You have 1 year left, buddy - take it or leave it. Depending on performances next season - offer him another 2 or shake hands - simples.

Exactly. It's a two way street Henry!!!

Everything has always been about Harry, you can almost bet your life on him having a very average season next year if he has to see out his contract and has not got what he wants. He burnt way too many bridges flaunting himself to another employer, slandering our club and being an all round gob-brick. Get him the fudge out of Spurs.

It is always disasterous when a manager's tenure has an end in sight - see us last season, Man U in 01/02 and Bayern in 11.

your going to self combust.. some might see that as a positive ;-)

Well said. Tell droopy to fudge off I say.

It really is laughable the **** trying to back us into a corner a demand loyalty now. What a prized cretin. The lack of awareness is staggering. If Chelsea want him, bye bye Henry!!

Haven't seen much of him at all, but I'm far from convinced that Demba Ba is the future. I'd rather take a punt on de Jong if we were going sign one of them.

i never quite understand that line of thought if i'm honest

BA is a menace here in the permier league now, and De jong looks cumbersome, slow on pace , lacks clinical finishing (on youtube. yes i know i have joined that gang)...add to this you havent seen much of him at all but you'd rather we went for De jong? you do realise that no matter what the issues are with BA...he is a better striker now than De jong is

BA is a menace here in the permier league now, and De jong looks cumbersome, slow on pace , lacks clinical finishing (on youtube. yes i know i have joined that gang)...add to this you havent seen much of him at all but you'd rather we went for De jong? you do realise that no matter what the issues are with BA...he is a better striker now than De jong is

I just don't rate Ba that much. Nothing more.

Ryantegan on SC:

Harry rescheduled the evening with my boss. Next week now

Oooooooo! Does he fear the worst?

didnt mention anything really, just that he is busy and may not be going home till late

It really is laughable the **** trying to back us into a corner a demand loyalty now. What a prized cretin. The lack of awareness is staggering. If Chelsea want him, bye bye Henry!!

As if. It's the mighty Lekhwiya and Al-Ain who are battling for his signature.

So why would Chelsea be keen on a slow cumbersome striker who lacks clinical finishing?? Somethings caught their eye among other big teams including us.... Youtube doesnt even tell half the story so wouldnt judge any player based on a youtube montage

So why would Chelsea be keen on a slow cumbersome striker who lacks clinical finishing?? Somethings caught their eye among other big teams including us.... Youtube doesnt even tell half the story so wouldnt judge any player based on a youtube montage

who knows, i certainly dont. but assuming that the 'rumour whorage ' are true, fact of the matter is that for i don see anything in him that i would get excited over

Back