• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chelsea close to Dembele apparently. Do they REALLY need him as well?

I just saw this link in the Sun (actually the BBC gossip page). FFS do they not have enough attacking midfielders already?

I have a hunch that Dembele might turn out to be an amazing signing for us if we managed to get him. He just strikes me as a Spurs type player (all flair no end product....give over). If Chelsea is bidding for him then we have no chance unfortunately. ****s.

I just saw this link in the Sun (actually the BBC gossip page). FFS do they not have enough attacking midfielders already?

I have a hunch that Dembele might turn out to be an amazing signing for us if we managed to get him. He just strikes me as a Spurs type player (all flair no end product....give over). If Chelsea is bidding for him then we have no chance unfortunately. ****s.

I agree. I think he'd be brilliant for us. He can play the VDV role, can play central midfield AND if worst comes to worst, he can actually play up top. But I'd still like to see him at the club. Think he has all the potential in the world.

Atleast Dembele has shown he can play central midfield in England, really gets on my badger when people suggest some continental #10 to come in and replace Luka like-for-like.

is Vertonghen still at Holly House....Mido medical??

has he signed yet? :yawn:

[Update 73] Mystery re:Luuk De Jong

Mystery - May 31, 2012 at 11:24 AM

If we do not land 2 of our 3 preferred strikers, we will go all guns blazing to get this boy at the Lane...

DL would prefer him over Remy anyway, but HR doesn't.

HR and DL in a meeting today, but this is not to discuss Harry getting the boot. It's a meeting to discuss us pushing forward as a club, but I expect HR will bring up the new contract topic.

Peace

[Update 73] Mystery re:Luuk De Jong

Mystery - May 31, 2012 at 11:24 AM

If we do not land 2 of our 3 preferred strikers, we will go all guns blazing to get this boy at the Lane...

DL would prefer him over Remy anyway, but HR doesn't.

HR and DL in a meeting today, but this is not to discuss Harry getting the boot. It's a meeting to discuss us pushing forward as a club, but I expect HR will bring up the new contract topic.

Peace

take your time people, just take your time...long way to go till Aug 31st when you jump into life

@Football_Agent9

Hearing Man United were told to 'shove' their interest in Kwadwo Asamoah after a enquiry was lodged on Monday.

Vertonghen sholud have a word with him.

I agree. I think he'd be brilliant for us. He can play the VDV role, can play central midfield AND if worst comes to worst, he can actually play up top. But I'd still like to see him at the club. Think he has all the potential in the world.

Absolutely, an understudy to VDV but versatile enough to cover in other positions. If Kranjcar is to be sold then Dembele can take his squad spot. I always thought we should have played Kranjar as the number 10 role rather than on the wing but that's another discussion.

I did notice that when Dembele played in the middle of the park for Fulham he looked rather lazy defensively, but this is something that can be cured (with electroshock therapy).

The one player (after Ade) that I really want us to sign this summer. Think he oozes class every time I see him. He'll end up at a top club by the end of next season, definitely

Absolutely, an understudy to VDV but versatile enough to cover in other positions. If Kranjcar is to be sold then Dembele can take his squad spot. I always thought we should have played Kranjar as the number 10 role rather than on the wing but that's another discussion.

I did notice that when Dembele played in the middle of the park for Fulham he looked rather lazy defensively, but this is something that can be cured (with electroshock therapy).

I agree with you regarding Kranjcar. I mean he has the ability to play off the striker, his vision is brilliant and his finishing, well we all know about that, he's won us games in the past with his finishing ability.

You say that about Dembele (lazy defending) but I believe there is a stat that mention how he has second best tackle percentage in the league (behind Cabaye and infront of Parker), which I suppose doesn't really mea he is good defensively but he puts in a tackle.

what if Hazard, Lukaku, de Bruyne and Courtois get there first? :(

hardly glowing recommendations for getting first team football.

also had players signed (or contracts extended) in all of their positions, if i'm not mistaken. none of those 3 will get into double figures for appearances next season.

I agree with you regarding Kranjcar. I mean he has the ability to play off the striker, his vision is brilliant and his finishing, well we all know about that, he's won us games in the past with his finishing ability.

You say that about Dembele (lazy defending) but I believe there is a stat that mention how he has second best tackle percentage in the league (behind Cabaye and infront of Parker), which I suppose doesn't really mea he is good defensively but he puts in a tackle.

Yes, I remember that stat now. It was surprising to me which goes to show a lot of football is all perception I suppose. Maybe I saw him standing in the middle of the park picking his nose one day and now I've labelled him as a defensive liability. Anyway just don't tell the Liverpool Statistics Department (LSD...that's mine) that he's good at tackling or they'll moneyball his ass.

hardly glowing recommendations for getting first team football.

also had players signed (or contracts extended) in all of their positions, if i'm not mistaken. none of those 3 will get into double figures for appearances next season.

Depends on if you mean for Chelsea or not.. De Bruyne and Courtois all played double figures, Courtois was crucial in Atletico Madrids season and got a Europa League medal last year. For Chelsea? He's not going to get ahead of Cech regardless of what he does. Lukaku got into double figures last season with 12 games for Chelsea, with a fresh new manager who knows?

De Bruye will probably be sent out on loan again with all the new signings.

Last weekend there were ITKs saying the Vertonghen deal was done and dusted

He still isn't here

These people are liars

I know you know, but now you definitely know you know.

Liars and w*nkers.

Last weekend there were ITKs saying the Vertonghen deal was done and dusted

He still isn't here

These people are liars

I know you know, but now you definitely know you know.

Liars and w*nkers.

We need a list of who said he would be a Spurs player by now. And then we can completely disregard anything they say in the future / burn them on a stick.

Back