• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everyone else must be seeing something with Martinez that I don't. Certainly not enough that I'd want to replace a manager who has got us top four twice in the last three years. I'm receptive to change but Martinez feels like a big gamble

I honestly cannot see why so many would be quite happy to see Harry go. I know there arent many Harry fans on here but you cant ignore the fact we are playing some of the most attractive football ive seen us play, not to mention consistantly finishing top quarter of the table! And we have improved every season.

Just think getting rid of Harry is not going forward unless we got in someone special like a Jose or Pep which just aint gonna happen... Martinez? Not going forward

What would this guy actually do?

Go around telling people their stats aren't good enough and they must do better?

try and think of it more in a lateral sense. Stats is a numeric reflective representation of whats happening. once you have numeric values , as best as you can, attached to real life scenarios then you can view histroy, learn from it, fix mistakes and actually predict / forcast events (as best as you possibly can). this wont just apply to the team or to the players..it'll apply to opponents as well

if you like mourinho (you probably dont, i dont know) then it wouldnt be wise to trivialise this aspect of the game. Mourinho has people doing this for him, infact of the major differences and according to the chelsea players ..reason for their dominance under jose ws because he used to give them a dossier of the oppsition statistically highlighting strengths and weaknesses...as well as showing his own players strengths and weaknesses and how it can be exploited.

There is even a statistical based model on how you can identify a good footballer

bookies use this brick every single time on lierally everything......and thats like a trillion pound industry

The earliest sign of Rodgers doing poorly and the fans will be asking why this person who has achieved nothing is manager, while someone who has won league titles in 3 countries and champions leagues is sitting upstairs in the boardroom.

A lot of them were already apoplectic about the shortlist seemingly being Rodgers, Martinez etc when Capello, AVB, Benitez and Van Gaal were all available for free.

Not to mention that British fans seem to have major problems with the DoF role.

i agree with you on everything here. but change takes time and very much involves a bit of luck and / or bravey.

but i do agree with you

i agree with you on everything here. but change takes time and very much involves a bit of luck and / or bravey.

but i do agree with you

Agree with you completely. Patience, time and resources is needed. But Liverpool at this time seems to be a toxic job. The squad is poor, bettered by at least 6 others in the league. The owners fired Daglish because they see top 4 as a minimum. The fans seem to still want titles and trophies. They're angry that FSG fired a club legend and then didn't hire their most recent successful manager.

Hodgson did a brick job but the fans treated him like brick and drove him out early.

I think Rodgers will eventually do well. But I think he took a big job too early and more importantly, I think he took the wrong big job. I hope for the sake of his career I'm wrong (though obviously we still finish above them etc)

Why can't just say luka Modric is off we're signing luk de Jong, or that what ive read in the papers last couple days. I really don't like these itks and it's something tht really shouldn't bother me but I get so wound up

Agree with you completely. Patience, time and resources is needed. But Liverpool at this time seems to be a toxic job. The squad is poor, bettered by at least 6 others in the league. The owners fired Daglish because they see top 4 as a minimum. The fans seem to still want titles and trophies. They're angry that FSG fired a club legend and then didn't hire their most recent successful manager.

Hodgson did a brick job but the fans treated him like brick and drove him out early.

I think Rodgers will eventually do well. But I think he took a big job too early and more importantly, I think he took the wrong big job. I hope for the sake of his career I'm wrong (though obviously we still finish above them etc)

Thats why I didnt think Rodgers was needed NOW by us. What was the harm in giving Harry another year, the remaining year of his contract, then if Rodgers proves successful AGAIN this season then offer him the job.

The majority on here wanted Rodgers asap. Not sure what the harm was in waiting. Not like we have been languishing in the bottom half of the table fighting off relegation.

Why can't just say luka Modric is off we're signing luk de Jong, or that what ive read in the papers last couple days. I really don't like these itks and it's something tht really shouldn't bother me but I get so wound up

He just realised that they had similar first names and thought it would be a snappy thing to post. Ignore it. Its BS as always

who: #fullofbrick
where: #outofmyarse

we are getting p or q. could also be either m or n. not entirely sure. my psychic is dyslexic. may or may not happen. don't shoot squirrels.

who: #fullofbrick
where: #outofmyarse

we are getting p or q. could also be either m or n. not entirely sure. my psychic is dyslexic. may or may not happen. don't shoot squirrels.

for some reason this really makes sense to me.. id like to subscribe to your newsletter

Back