• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

James Horncastle @JamesHorncastle 53s
That fee for Lloris is daylight robbery. It's like Levy is Jacques Mesrine

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

I think I'm more tinkled off that there are 3 games gone (including tomorrows) and our squad isn't settled. Last season we missed the champions league by 1 point. I've paid a season ticket for 19 games not 16.

You've actually paid for 21 games. ;)

Also, I don't get the whole "if we miss out on CL by a few points because of losing / drawing the first couple of games" argument.

Actually, I do get it.......but the truth is that it's no more valid than the following argument:

What if we miss out on CL because we bought early in the summer by settling for our lesser targets when, if we had held our nerve and been patient, we would have signed better players and won more points - not just this season but for many seasons to come?

Call me old fashioned, but I find the prospect of signing a player who has refused to play for his current employers (& for no good reason?) somewhat disturbing.

agree - however it is so common in modern footballers that if you went by that rule you'd sign very very few players.
you'd even struggle with many park players!

I feel like what the goons did last year. Lost Fabregas and Nasri, got in Arteta, Benayoun

£7.9m is an incredible piece of business by Levy

Call me old fashioned, but I find the prospect of signing a player who has refused to play for his current employers (& for no good reason?) somewhat disturbing.

Who said we haven't replaced Modric

James Horncastle @JamesHorncastle 53s
That fee for Lloris is daylight robbery. It's like Levy is Jacques Mesrine

The one thing i really like about dempsey that we've been missing for some time, is the fact that he's really good at attacking the ball in front of goal. How many times has a cross come in and our players are nowhere to bee seen.

Right now were still stuck with Bentley and Jenas, plus AVB rejects Huddlestone and Dawson have failed to be moved along with at least one keeper. Levy still has some work to do in the last hour.

Ah, at least one in! Class goalkeeper! Great, great news. Welcome, Hugo! \o/

Back