• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

Call me old fashioned, but I find the prospect of signing a player who has refused to play for his current employers (& for no good reason?) somewhat disturbing.

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

Oh i don't agree with you-that makes me a clown. Nice

Fulham played about 20 intertoto games, he had a one-off goalscoring spree. Do you honestly think Dempsey is top 4 material? An adequate repalcement for VdV? Why was noone else apart from Villa and a poor Liverpool in for him?
Last five league seasons:

07/08: 36 games - 6 goals
08/09: 35 games - 7 goals
09/10: 29 games - 7 goals
10/11: 37 games - 12 goals
11/12: 37 games - 17 goals

Hardly a one season wonder

To repeat........not necessarily a panic buy at all.

You have to understand the way that clubs (at least, the way that Spurs work) in the transfer market. They always have a number of options for each position. They try for as long as they can to get their preferred options but, if they prove impossible, they green light one of the other options.

The fact that Dempsey is a last minute deal doesn't make it a panic deal. It just means that we've been holding off from moving on him until we've exhausted all possibility of getting our preferred target.

Surely if you hold out for someone awesome and then at the last minute buy someone else that's the definition of a panic buy???

It's like going shopping the day of a first date, seeing an ok shirt in Next and then spending the rest of the day looking round every other shop only to end up back in Next buying the ok shirt, there's no way to spin it other than our plans didn't turn out as we'd hoped.

In relation to all this.......Dawson could still be off

Could it get any worse

Call me old fashioned, but I find the prospect of signing a player who has refused to play for his current employers (& for no good reason?) somewhat disturbing.

Funny isn't it. Levy is a businessman though.

You cannot transplant someone's goals and assists from one team to another. We play completely different styles than Fulham and typically face completely different team set-ups. If goals were everything, then the likes of Bent and Hernandez (and Pav) would be more highly rated than they are now. That's why it's imperative to consider stats in the context of everything else - technique, touch, movement, vision, ability to unlock deep defenses, and so on.

I like Dempsey, esp for 6m or so (considering that the "wear and tear" on him is FAR less than on most 29 yos, due to his relative lack of game time by his age), but he is clearly nowhere near AVB's first choice. More worrying is the lack of cleverness and team intelligence in our squad, and I will keep banging on about this until the cows come home. For GHod's sake, it's Moutinho or bust now. Then we can take a very long, hard look at our scouts because there is simply no way that it should have gotten to this stage, where Moutinho is apparently the only player in the world who can play Modric's role to any possibility of success.

Last five league seasons:

07/08: 36 games - 6 goals
08/09: 35 games - 7 goals
09/10: 29 games - 7 goals
10/11: 37 games - 12 goals
11/12: 37 games - 17 goals

Hardly a one season wonder

Hardly a 5 season hit

Robin Bairner ‏@RBairner
#Lyon will also receive 20% of any profit #Spurs make by selling #Lloris on.

[video=youtube;vJ-NB6S2dq4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ-NB6S2dq4[/video]

Paid £7m for him, scores 20 goals last season only RVP and Rooney did that but he isnt good enough for us according to some on here

Honestly people need to realise were not Real Madrid...

Fantastic signing, will be our Parker of last year and will prove a lot of people wrong

I'm thinking that the Dempsey deal is BECAUSE we have Moutinho. Our basket is now full but Levy grabbed a last minute deal on the way to the checkout. It's like one of those "we see you've bought XXXXX, other purchasers have also bought a clint dempsey.............."

LOL I like it

Thats my only problem with him coming. I think he can score the goals but i dont like that behaviour.

Well with Dempsey we now have at least one attacking player who is very good in the air

so you dont tihnk that replacing Modric and vdV with Dembele and Sigurdsson is a downgrade?

And you're not concerned about our lack of cover up top or out wide?

no they are clearly not as good - but it isn't that black and white.

Modric - signed when all he was was "a very good prospect", that no other big team were taking a punt on.
He developed and then wanted to leave.
We didnt CHOOSE to sell

VDV - signed last minute as he wasnt going to play for Real. World class player for cheap - VERY VERY rare.
Played excellently for a 2 years but decided he and his family needed to be back in Hamburg together.
We didnt CHOOSE to sell

1. Explain how you replace the above?
2. No explain it without breaking the bank.

It's not hate, he's just nowhere near the standard we have got rid of, the anger is aimed at small-time Levy making a quick buck as usual with no regard for the team. Notice AVB didn't want him when at Chelsea

He's a dos santos replacement I reckon. Squad filler upgrade as opposed to vdv.

To be honest I'm scratching my head as he's very good, but as someone said above its a impulsive purchase

Paid £7m for him, scores 20 goals last season only RVP and Rooney did that but he isnt good enough for us according to some on here

Honestly people need to realise were not Real Madrid...

Fantastic signing, will be our Parker of last year and will prove a lot of people wrong

This. People compare him to VDV who could hardly run at the end.

And VDV wanted to leave. So theres no point comparing both.

Back