• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

Dempsey has panic buy written all over it, we'll be massively disappointing.

If we don't get good cover for Ade, I guess it won't be too bad because Defoe's contract suggests AVB thinks he can fit him in...but we do need cover or simply a better right forward. Is Dempsey really who we are looking at?

Dempsey for me is like Pienaar, hard to fit into a system should you want to play one or progress.

Get away with playing freely at the club you are at, not a winger, not good enough to play centre midfield in a 4 and not quite a striker either......we have Dembele and Sig in that kind of floaty advanced role....

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

Kane replaces Pav, I think Townsend covers Bale (who is so fit he shouldn't need rotating much and it's not like we could sign anyone willing to back up Bale) but I agree we do need cover/competition for Lennon.

So we're relying on Kane and Townsend in the event that our our first choice forwards get injured?!?!?!? Jeez......

Sam Whatshisface on talksport just said its ongoing and will probably be completed by the deadline.

Basically noone really knows what the hell is going on....

Clearly Moutinho deal not happening-prob never was knowing Levy so:

An improvement in goal-not needed
Defence- King replaced, both full back positions cover gone
Modric & Vdv replaced by players from Swansea and Fulham (though i expect both will do decent)
Gio, Krancjar, Saha gone, not replaced-
Up front we look wafer thin

Another transfer window with the squad weakened, wages slashed and profits made brought to you by L*vy

They will try to spin it, saying that Adebayor is now permanent. But we've come as far as this chairman can take up. Sell up and jog on

It's not crap, but we're drastically lacking in intelligence. What we needed was a Kagawa, a Cazorla, a Hazard... we need brains, creativity, flair, an ability to spot and execute the right passes instantly. The likes of Dempsey and Siggy can score for lower-half teams, but they are not stylistically suited for the top teams that face deeper defenses. Dembele has individual talent but still hangs on to the ball for far too long at times and runs up blind alleys in the final third.

Liverpool have been far cleverer in taking Sahin, Allen, Borini, and Yesil - unproven, yes, but the style is right, the technique is there.

We've lost the best "team intelligence" players in this squad. Moutinho will be a big help in filling Modric's role, but he's not enough imo. It's not that I'm displeased with what we've bought, it's that we haven't bought enough to challenge for top four.

We'll see.

Verts / Bale cover for LB
Naughton cover for RB

Modric & Vdv replaced by players from Swansea and Fulham (though i expect both will do decent)
Gio, Krancjar, Saha gone, not replaced-
Up front we look wafer thin

Another transfer window with the squad weakened, wages slashed and profits made brought to you by L*vy

:rolleyes:

They will try to spin it, saying that Adebayor is now permanent. But we've come as far as this chairman can take up. Sell up and jog on

Wow. Just wow.

Not sure I can even begin to converse with someone capable of thinking that.

The worst thing is, even if we sign one of these guys late, sometimes they're not announced until 5 in the morning. That's another six-seven hours, goddamnit. Can't take this brick.

Back