• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

Jenas going to Sunderland? Another one going. Will we have 25 players left?
:ross:

It's allllllllllll going loopy now - everyone is off! We used to have arguably the most bloated squad in the Prem - now it skin and bones

SKIN AND BONESSSSS

Dan in Kent, via text: "I work in the Spurs club shop. My boss has just told me to print 350 number 9 shirts. All I can say is it's a massive signing of a Spanish international."

Just fudge off. fudge off. fudge off.

What an extraordinary quote given what time it is! I personally think you should've waited until after the deadline. Again, blown away by the timing as much as the opinion...

Arcspace is like that tbh. he panics very quickly and always seems to see the negative side of EVERYTHING.

He wanted AVB and the manager has already said if VDV leaves it's down to him yet he's still trying to put the blame on levy. If you want to blame someone blame your boy (personally i'm not actually that bothered losing VDV although i did like him).

From BBC "I work in the Spurs club shop. My boss has just told me to print 350 number 9 shirts. All I can say is it's a massive signing of a Spanish international."

WALOB

What's funny is that the people who are really gutted by this are the same people who seem to rate AVB very highly and don't have much time for redknapp.

What does that have to do with each other? And why do you assume it was AVB who wanted him out - considering his last interview on him?

This is vintage Levy - saw a profit and went in hard. He is worth much, much more to us than a few million in profit

VDV gone?!? WTF. Not happy.

This means this summer we've lost all three players we had that were/had been world class: King, Modric, VDV.

Only upside I guess this means there is a huge signing on the books today. Well. At least we can dream.

King was on one leg, Rafa could hardly run anymore.

Modric wanted to leave big time and we got 30m.

Lets put things into perspective.

me too, we need one 2 of Lloris, Remy, Llorente, Moutinho and Willian. meh like i said earlier, disappointment all the way. Levy will take the money and put it into the stadium.

I very much doubt it.

Levy knows that, in order to exploit a huge new stadium fully, Spurs will have to have a top class team. Weakening the team to build the stadium would be counter productive.

The stadium financing will be ring fenced. It will be paid for by naming rights and debt. And the subsequent huge increase in revenue will comfortably service and repay the debt while still leaving us with considerably greater resources than we have now.

cant see us signing anyone big today. Would have to already be in negotiations, just not enough time left. Which means no Llorente, no Moutinho.

Possibly Willian and Lloris, but certainly no Hulk. Too many things to do, wages plus the big fcuk off fee of £40m plus. We will certainly not pay £40m to anyone in this day and age or in the near future IMO. £20m tops.

I think Llorente is more likely. Would Ade then be able to play out wide? Remy is a no. Moutinho unlikely due to his price.

From BBC live text:

Dan in Kent, via text: "I work in the Spurs club shop. My boss has just told me to print 350 number 9 shirts. All I can say is it's a massive signing of a Spanish international."

I didn't know we had a shop in Kent! Twitter fail.

:lol: You've got to love deadline day

Arcspace is like that tbh. he panics very quickly and always seems to see the negative side of EVERYTHING.

He wanted AVB and the manager has already said if VDV leaves it's down to him yet he's still trying to put the blame on levy. If you want to blame someone blame your boy (personally i'm not actually that bothered losing VDV although i did like him).

Not sure who 'my boy' is in the GG community at this point mate...AVB or Levy? ;)
For what it's worth, I will believe in them both until 11pm tonight, and in the manager for a good while longer...

Just fudge off. fudge off. fudge off.
That is extraordinary transfer deadline day wummery =D>

What does that have to do with each other? And why do you assume it was AVB who wanted him out - considering his last interview on him?

This is vintage Levy - saw a profit and went in hard. He is worth much, much more to us than a few million in profit

Did you not see the interview where AVB made it clear that if VDV leaves then it was solely his decision that he left and he allowed him to do so?

Back