• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

Jemaine Jenas signing for Sunderland SSN understands

PERMANENT DEAL

Porto turned down an offer of 39.9 mill from Zenit for Hulk, we cannot compete with that at all.

Berbatov doesnt fit AVB's system.
AVB teams press from the front closing down the opposition. Berbatov means we're playing with 10 men when we don't have the ball. The guy was a genius but never a team player. AVB would rather Harry Kane.

So down to 9 men when Jenass is also playing

Classic DL - knows the price of everything but the value of very little
Arc let's hold back until after the window is over. Should we not replace VDV, then I will join you on labelling Levy as a prune but we could very well have someone lined up to replace him.

if jenas goes, surely moutinho is nailed on? SURELY! fudge DANIEL, fudge!

cant see us signing anyone big today. Would have to already be in negotiations, just not enough time left. Which means no Llorente, no Moutinho.

Possibly Willian and Lloris, but certainly no Hulk. Too many things to do, wages plus the big fcuk off fee of £40m plus. We will certainly not pay £40m to anyone in this day and age or in the near future IMO. £20m tops.

I don't think we letplayers go without having a replacement lined up. But I'm sure just like a club has several 'agreements' in place so does a player. So it is like one big game of musical chairs. Unfortunately Levy isn't very good at it and we usually get left without a chair when the music stops, just because he won once he thinks he is great at it

Absolutely - and it's pi$$es me off big time!!!

It's a shame Berbatov burnt his bridges and acted the way he did.

King was on one leg, Rafa could hardly run anymore.

Modric wanted to leave big time and we got 30m.

Lets put things into perspective.

No, let's not. Instead, I suggest we all get our hankies out and lament it all. WHile we're at it, let's ignore what might happen today and further, let's prepare the beating sticks for Levy.

:)

For what it's worth, I agree. Love Rafa, but love the moments and the gleam more than recent memory performances...

Kinda stuck on this Rafa one really. He does look short of fitness generally and has at times been played because of his name as opposed to his form at the time. He does also slow us down a bit but you can't argue with the numbers he stacks up if im honest. He is a big game player tbh who is the only signing I can remember who really stuck it to Arsenal and their fanbase from the time he signed for us which obviously endears him to you right from the get go.

I can only think that he had intimated he would be open to the move, Hamburg came in with an offer that gives us a decent profit on the player sale and that we have someone lined up to come in and play more in an AVB style. At least that is what I am hoping!

Gutted to see VdV leave

I'm more than a little worried looking at how many players of a Top 4 team are leaving

JENAS GONE

this is it, I just jizzed

where´s my champagne?

Back