• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

German transfer deadline is at 11am British time with another 6 hours finishing up time for deals proposed at 11am.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19385661

"As you would perhaps expect from Germany's top flight, the transfer window is organised in a transparent, terribly efficient way, to the point that it effectively closes a good 12 hours before the rest of Europe.
Every day at noon, the DFL (German football league) publishes its latest transfer list.

If you're not on the final version this Friday, you can't be signed by a Bundesliga club this summer and by 18:00 local time the deal must be fully concluded."

Lets face it if VDV has gone it looks more like that Moutinho will come in.

Have I missed anything? I've been dog-sitting for my mate. I say sitting, had to stand outside a building in the cold whilst he had some business to attend to.

It's all good, lovely little chihuahua :)

:ross:

Presumably if VDV is gone - which makes a certain amount of sense - then we have another forward lined up. Striker or attacking winger.

VDV sale makes sense in a Levy world as his value will only diminish as he turns 30 in 6 months. No doubt his wages are significant and can be spent on a younger prospect. All makes perfect business sense, but not necessarily football sense. Harry would have liked to keep some experience. That said we have Ade and Defoe who are now in their peek years.

Terrible, terrible news - massive void that will cost us points this season unless we have something special lined up

This exactly. VDV was someone who you could count on to come up with a performance when needed more often than not. I think we need a special signing or 2 to offset this loss. Im feeling strangely optimistic today so here's hoping [-o<

I know it's unlikely - but if Rafa is off and we bring in someone like Moutinho or Llorente then I wouldn't be too bothered

his goals won us games last year, so many times. Blackburn away, swansea home, wigan er.... help me? Arsenal away 3-2 he was awesome.

bollox bollox bollox!

I don't flimflam, what I said, or have said is what I heard... 'Is the project, Dream scenario'

I'm really not pulling you - in fact, I think you're one of the few people on here with genuine info so always looking to your snippets

Lets face it if VDV has gone it looks more like that Moutinho will come in.

Moutinho for Modric
Sigurdsson and Dembele to fill the massive void left by VDV

I could live with that scenario, if it happened, but I'm convinced we're all in for a bad day

I would miss the man more than the player with Vdv. I think hes looked unfit for a long time. And slows the game. I am not worried with him leaving in terms of the team.

But i am upset because he gave me my best moments as a Spurs fan, Inter home game, arsenal away. He was at the heart of these games.

Sadly, even this summer at the Euros, he looked very slow, and i think we`re doing the right thing.

This exactly. VDV was someone who you could count on to come up with a performance when needed more often than not. I think we need a special signing or 2 to offset this loss. Im feeling strangely optimistic today so here's hoping [-o<

He was possibly our only 'big game' player with tremendous experience - I'm gutted

Bryan Oviedo joining Everton. His wiki page:

"Bryan Oviedo Jiménez (born 18 February 1990) is a Costa Rican footballer, currently playing for the Danish Superliga side F.C. Copenhagen.
He is one hell of a winger/full back who will destroy any defence. Especially Glen Johnson and Liverpool's defence. Jamie Carragher? Pah. He runs at walking speed. Like to see him take on Super Kev Mirallas. Or Kev Kilbane for that matter".

Moutinho for Modric
Sigurdsson and Dembele to fill the massive void left by VDV

I could live with that scenario, if it happened, but I'm convinced we're all in for a bad day

me too, we need one 2 of Lloris, Remy, Llorente, Moutinho and Willian. meh like i said earlier, disappointment all the way. Levy will take the money and put it into the stadium.

Back