• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

I'd take Berba back, he is a class player who would add to the team, and he is available on the cheap. He may have left in a bad way, but we forgave Teddy and Klinsmann pretty quickly.

VDV big loss

I really want Lloris

also, Willian, Remy, Moutinho, Llorente, have to get 1 of these as well for it to be a successful window, otherwise Im out.

I'd take Berba back, he is a class player who would add to the team, and he is available on the cheap. He may have left in a bad way, but we forgave Teddy and Klinsmann pretty quickly.

I'd welcome him back too.
I'd appreciate the genius but I'd also laugh quietly to myself during the games he isn't selected and has to sit on the bench.

Villa appear to have agreed a deal with Fulham for dempsey (why the fudge would he go there?)

Liverpool shafted him by courting him but never actually putting in a bid ! Then he burnt his bridges at Fulham. Definate step down IMO, even if Villa are a bigger club, Fulham look much the better more stable team at the moment.

Quite happy if Dempsey has to take a step down a level, serves him right. Is it really so difficult to not be a complete c*nt when another club shows interest in you?

Even though Keane taught me we should never go back...

I WANT TO GO BACK

If Dimi comes in at 5 million we have 2 top strikers on the books that fit the AVB system. He is a Danchev of the highest order but feck it I am happy at the thought of him signing today.

Berbatov doesnt fit AVB's system.
AVB teams press from the front closing down the opposition. Berbatov means we're playing with 10 men when we don't have the ball. The guy was a genius but never a team player. AVB would rather Harry Kane.

Maybe, just maybe, the only difference between the sale of Sheringham to ManUre and the sale of Berbatov is the increase in what information is available to the fans/media/internet kittens?

Take that plus the fact that Berbatov's deal was far more drawn out timescale wise and maybe that's the only reason we got to hear of Berbatov throwing his toys out of the pram to go to United. Maybe Teddy did the same thing but his deal was concluded far quicker because of the minimal transfer fee involved? Maybe some of the differences are simply down to the rise in power of the football agent?

I'm one of the people who has been thinking I don't want him back for the way he treated our club but I just wanted to play devils advocate. We welcomed Teddy back. Have we become so fickle that we can't forgive? Surely only Judas was unforgivable? You never know with these fragile flowers nowadays - saying my head's not in the right place to play could mean just that. What if you played football (a notoriously short career that can be cut short at anytime) and one of the biggest teams in the world said they wanted you - if ou wanted to go then you'd worry more than ever about a bad challenge coming in - it might only rule you out for 6 weeks but for you that could be career changing. You might never get that chance again. I'm not saying this affects every player but Ive certainly given myself another perspective.... Maybe its just coz its deadline day and I'm desperate!!? Lol

IF VDV is gone then it means Mautinho and Willain, simple as that

Berbatov already dropped Juventus and Fiorentina - apparently they even paid for his and Danchev's tickets to Florence but they never turned up. :ross:

Surely he can't also drop Fulham after having a medical! (All in the space of 2 days)

It'll definitely confirm the theory that Berba and Modric were destined never to play together.

Back