• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

Can someone give me a list of what this jjetset bloke has got right regarding transfers?

Just from memory.

Called Nelsen before anyone in January, that includes newspapers.

Got the timing right both on Verts and AVB, when others were saying "done deal" and "soon confirmed" etc weeks before they actually were confirmed he said no and was right. He then said that they would be confirmed and they were within days.

Similarly I think he got the timing right on Ade.

Several times this window various ITKs have been saying that stuff was going to happen soon, but Jetset said nothing was imminent, hopefully next week and similar and was right just about always I think.

He has also had a lot of other "not happening" posts that ended up being right so far at least.

His biggest miss of this transfer window that I remember was saying that AVB didn't want Dembele a couple of weeks back (or thereabouts).

So, we are not going to make any more big signings in this transfer window, are we. I won't be surprised if we don't. We have used most of the money we got for Modric on Dembele. And all the players we are interested in seemingly will cost us record fee. Without CL football, just can't see Levy spending extra cash now. This is why I am annoyed we didn't force Real Madrid pay what we wanted for Modric which is 40m. We could have used that money on signing Moutinho. IMO, overall this is a disappointing transfer window for us, especially as we didn't sign any strikers.

:-k

Re: Deadline Day - One Signing

Moutinho, it's who Villas Boas want the most.
With Sandro and Dembele he'd have a very similiar midfield to what he had at Porto,
Moutinho familiar with his tactic - should be able to develop into his favoured 433 formation.

I seem to recall plenty of games last season where we struggled to break down teams that parked the bus with Modric in the side. Stoke wolves villa. Maybe Dembele driving at teams will be more effective at breaking down stubborn teams. I am more than prepared to see how the season pans out with the new signings rather than jump to conclusions that we are going to be crap before we have seen them play.

He is ready !

article-2032512-0000282400000CB2-517_468x413.jpg

Haha

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Arsenal are planning a shock move for Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien. Arsene Wenger wants the 29-year-old on loan after he fell down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge.

Full story: Daily Mail

The Gunners are ready to send striker Marouane Chamakh, 28, out on loan, with Malaga or Besiktas likely destinations.

Full story: The Metro
Michael Dawson

Michael Dawson could still leave White Hart Lane

Chelsea are preparing to loan out striker Daniel Sturridge, 22, if they can complete the signing of Bayer Leverkusen's Andre Schurrle. The 20-year-old is likely to cost the European champions £20m.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Tottenham and England defender Michael Dawson, 28, could still leave White Hart Lane, despite an injury to Younes Kaboul likely to keep him out until Christmas.

Full story: talkSPORT

Everton want to sign Blackburn midfielder Steven N'Zonzi after the 23-year-old fell out with Rovers boss Steve Kean.

Huddersfield are hoping to bring in QPR striker DJ Campbell, 30, and Leicester's Jermaine Beckford, 28, to replace 22-year-old Scotland international Jordan Rhodes, who joined Blackburn on Thursday.
Nicklas Bendtner

Bendtner is wanted by Stoke and Juventus

Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner, 24, has been offered to Stoke City in a loan deal but several other clubs are also in contact with his representatives.

Full story: Stoke Sentinel

Or the Arsenal striker is on his way to Juventus after he accepted a move to the Serie A champions.

OTHER GOSSIP

Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher is set to be named in United's Champions League squad, despite not playing a competitive game since November.

Dimitar Berbatov, 31, took a "massive" pay-cut to push through his transfer to Fulham.

AND FINALLY

Celtic star Mohamed Bangura was given a fond - and unusual - farewell by the Scottish club before he departed on loan to AIK.

Chill out people. If we don't sign anyone so be it. The way some of you speak on here it's like the apocolyse is comming if we don't sign two more players. IMHO we have a stronger squad now than last season and have done it making a profit too.

Don't come round here with your measly 35 posts talking common sense mate, balanced views aren't welcome in the final 24 hours of the window. ;)

Most annoying fans in the background today?
I'd go for Liverpool or Stoke.

Don't come round here with your measly 35 posts talking common sense mate, balanced views aren't welcome in the final 24 hours of the window. ;)

He he 35 posts but long time lurker. Most of what I think is posted by other people so seems little point in repeating it.

Im going for 5 forum member melt-downs and some huge drama queen moments on here...

Am in a meeting all morning so will be able to watch it unfold whilst at work this arvo

Im going for 5 forum member melt-downs and some huge drama queen moments on here...

Am in a meeting all morning so will be able to watch it unfold whilst at work this arvo

:ross:

Can we guess who?

Wriggly and Arcy must be two prime candidates..

Re: Deadline Day - One Signing

Moutinho as that's what the manager really wants. It would also be a massive statement of support from Levy. It would not just be a statement of intent on the pitch, and a play-maker that could adequately replace Modric with minimal fall-off in quality, but with Moutinho on board, the likelyhood of a Chelsea-style rebellion against new ideas implemented by AVB probably drops by 30%

Latest ITK (doesn't really matter who any more, they're all in overdrive):

Rose to Sunderland on loan.
Porto have given up on getting the buyout, still a bit to go.

without a modric replacement, we most certainly do NOT have a stronger squad than last season..

but we have a new coach, with new disciplines and system, its possible still that we might have a better team, though not individuals. to dare is to do!

I have mentally prepared for the worst - Owen on a 6 month loan and VdV sold at 10:54

Anything from that should be a bonus

btw even if we don't sign anyone it would be a good transfer window. Obviously it could be better with a couple more signings but in terms of signing a striker look at our rivals:

Chelsea = Torres and Sturridge (can he even play as a lone striker?)

Liverpool = Suarez and Borini (can either play as a lone striker?)

Arsenal = Giroud and Podolski (don't know about Giroud but Podolski looks like he's been bought in to play on the left.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine = Cisse, Ba, and Ameobi (still only 3 strikers)

I mean only the two Manchester clubs is stockpiled with forwards.

I have mentally prepared for the worst - Owen on a 6 month loan and VdV sold at 10:54

Anything from that should be a bonus

Thats the way to do it.

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Back