• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

I wonder if SSN has made another advert for deadline day.

It is isn't it.. truly.. Deadline day is now bigger than life itself.

He is ready !

article-2032512-0000282400000CB2-517_468x413.jpg

Attachments

• article-2032512-0000282400000CB2-517_468x413.jpg
    article-2032512-0000282400000CB2-517_468x413.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 6

So is he...

Harry+Redknapp+arriving+at+the+clubs+training+ground+this+morning.jpeg

Maybe someone should tell him?

We EASILY have a Top 6 team.

We've lost Modric and King from our 1st 11 (King is tenuous, considering his injury)

We've gained Ade, Verts, Siggy and Dembele, who are all good enough for our 1st Team.

I understand there are various factors to consider in terms of changing management and system. However, we have a fantastic squad, on the verge of being exceptional.

Lighten up :)

modric => dembele
king => verts
ade => ade

overall, most optimistically we have good replacements

siggy is the addition and option in the midfield so probably having additional options and cover while losing modric isn't too bad.

but we still have gaps from last season, especially up front as we didn't score enough goals.

not worse than last season me thinks, but no real improvements; Top 6 is probably right. Top 4 is going to be hard.

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial
We can announce that John Bostock has joined League One side Swindon Town on loan until January.

akqayid ‏@akqayid
It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low And we of Spurs have set our sights very high.... 1/2
akqayid ‏@akqayid
so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.... 2/2 I believe. Night all.

Have I missed anything? I've been dog-sitting for my mate. I say sitting, had to stand outside a building in the cold whilst he had some business to attend to.

It's all good, lovely little chihuahua :)

akqayid ‏@akqayid
It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low And we of Spurs have set our sights very high.... 1/2
akqayid ‏@akqayid
so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.... 2/2 I believe. Night all.

he is such a doosh!

Deadline Day - One Signing

Simple really - name the one player you would like to see join us today

For me it's Fernando Llorente. We are dangerously light upfront and one injury to Ade pretty much ends our season so here's hoping

Last edited:

So, we are not going to make any more big signings in this transfer window, are we. I won't be surprised if we don't. We have used most of the money we got for Modric on Dembele. And all the players we are interested in seemingly will cost us record fee. Without CL football, just can't see Levy spending extra cash now. This is why I am annoyed we didn't force Real Madrid pay what we wanted for Modric which is 40m. We could have used that money on signing Moutinho. IMO, overall this is a disappointing transfer window for us, especially as we didn't sign any strikers.

So, we are not going to make any more big signings in this transfer window, are we. I won't be surprised if we don't. We have used most of the money we got for Modric on Dembele. And all the players we are interested in seemingly will cost us record fee. Without CL football, just can't see Levy spending extra cash now. This is why I am annoyed we didn't force Real Madrid pay what we wanted for Modric which is 40m. We could have used that money on signing Moutinho. IMO, overall this is a disappointing transfer window for us, especially as we didn't sign any strikers.

but we did sign a striker?

in fact we've signed 4 excellent players.

Technically, we had Ade last season, so he doesn't really count as a "new" signing. Just enough to keep us from slipping.

Vertonghen, Siggy, and Dembele are good players but they cannot fill that huge deep-lying playmaker gap we have right now in our first XI. We are starving for vision and creativity, players who can move the ball quickly and intelligently, transition from defense to attack in an instant. (And no, Dembele is not this player - he hangs on to the ball for far too long and runs up blind alleys in the final third, though he's getting better in this regard and has other strengths.) This is like when Alonso left Liverpool and they plunged from 2nd to 8th. If we don't get Moutinho, we've left AVB bereft of the heartbeat of his team. I'm not saying that he's enough by any means, but he's sine qua non.

Sign Lloris and Moutinho, keep Rafa, sell/loan deadwood. That's all I want to see tomorrow. [-o< Have a very bad feeling I'm going to be disappointed though.

Chill out people. If we don't sign anyone so be it. The way some of you speak on here it's like the apocolyse is comming if we don't sign two more players. IMHO we have a stronger squad now than last season and have done it making a profit too.

without a modric replacement, we most certainly do NOT have a stronger squad than last season..

Back