• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

michael owen @themichaelowen

Up early, too excited to sleep. Final day of the transfer window and I'm likely to play a part in it!

I have mentally prepared for the worst - Owen on a 6 month loan and VdV sold at 10:54

Anything from that should be a bonus

That's the worst that you can think of?

@SpursOfficial: We are delighted to announce that Jermaine Jenas has signed a new 5-year contract at the club.

I expect lloris and an attacking mid to come in, poss moutinho.

Wonder if Porto officials are still in Monaco.

Rose, jenas and Bentley out.

I pray we keep vdv, German window ends at 6 so may not be time anyway.

I expect lloris and an attacking mid to come in, poss moutinho.

Wonder if Porto officials are still in Monaco.

Rose, jenas and Bentley out.

I pray we keep vdv, German window ends at 6 so may not be time anyway.

I think VDV out will happen if we can get others in. I think if we can't get who we want in, then VDV will stay.

I can see why we would sell VDV:

- he rarely lasts 90 mins
- turns 30 this season
- could probably sell for profit
- AVB has hinted he'd like to change to 4-3-3 eventually which means nobody playing 'in the hole'

But it would still be very sad to see him go.

here we go again, last day drama. Feel sorry for AVB

akqayid ‏@akqayid
It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low And we of Spurs have set our sights very high.... 1/2
akqayid ‏@akqayid
so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.... 2/2 I believe. Night all.

did he really write that?

I think VDV out will happen if we can get others in. I think if we can't get who we want in, then VDV will stay.

I can see why we would sell VDV:

- he rarely lasts 90 mins
- turns 30 this season
- could probably sell for profit
- AVB has hinted he'd like to change to 4-3-3 eventually which means nobody playing 'in the hole'

But it would still be very sad to see him go.

Would people be happy with VDV out and Moutinho in? I would

We EASILY have a Top 6 team.

We've lost Modric and King from our 1st 11 (King is tenuous, considering his injury)

We've gained Ade, Verts, Siggy and Dembele, who are all good enough for our 1st Team.

I understand there are various factors to consider in terms of changing management and system. However, we have a fantastic squad, on the verge of being exceptional.

Lighten up :)

we may look like a top 6 team but everton are playing like oneand getting the results.

i know its only been 2 games but right now they really look like they mean business

btw even if we don't sign anyone it would be a good transfer window. Obviously it could be better with a couple more signings but in terms of signing a striker look at our rivals:

Chelsea = Torres and Sturridge (can he even play as a lone striker?)

Liverpool = Suarez and Borini (can either play as a lone striker?)

Arsenal = Giroud and Podolski (don't know about Giroud but Podolski looks like he's been bought in to play on the left.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine = Cisse, Ba, and Ameobi (still only 3 strikers)

I mean only the two Manchester clubs is stockpiled with forwards.

As for Central midfield players:

Arsenal = Diaby, Ramsey, Arteta, Rosicky, Cazorla and Wheelchair vying for 3 spots.

Manchester united = Anderson, Carrick, Cleverley, Fletcher, Scholes and Kagawa vying for 3 spots.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine = Tiote, Cabaye, Gosling, Anita and jonas at a push vying for 2 or 3 spots (depending on what formation they play that week)

Liverpool = Allen, Lucas, Shelvey, Henderson, Sahin, and Gerrard vying for 3 spots.

Tottenham = Dembele, Sigurddson, Parker, Sandro, VDV, and Livermore vying for 3 spots.

Is there anything there to be envious about? i mean really envious? personally i think ours is the best of the bunch (Well chelski have overkill in terms of options tbh). The only positions where we are really lacking in comparison to the other teams is wide options tbh.

Re: Deadline Day - One Signing

yes Moutinho

although we need another forward to provide goals (Sturridge or Dempsey seem realistic options but dont look like will happen) i still think we need Moutinho if anything to show we are still hopeful of challenging for the top 4 places. AVB will be happy too, the squad would also feel that the club is making a huge effort to keep pace with our rivals

big day ahead

As for Central midfield players:

Arsenal = Diaby, Ramsey, Arteta, Rosicky, Cazorla and Wheelchair vying for 3 spots.

Manchester united = Anderson, Carrick, Cleverley, Fletcher, Scholes and Kagawa vying for 3 spots.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine = Tiote, Cabaye, Gosling, Anita and jonas at a push vying for 2 or 3 spots (depending on what formation they play that week)

Liverpool = Allen, Lucas, Shelvey, Henderson, Sahin, and Gerrard vying for 3 spots.

Tottenham = Dembele, Sigurddson, Parker, Sandro, VDV, and Livermore vying for 3 spots.

Is there anything there to be envious about? i mean really envious? personally i think ours is the best of the bunch (Well chelski have overkill in terms of options tbh). The only positions where we are really lacking in comparison to the other teams is wide options tbh.

not personell wise maybe not, but the skills set in conjunction with their respective playin styles there might be one or two that you might think you wish they didnt get x or y player

not personell wise maybe not, but the skills set in conjunction with their respective playin styles there might be one or two that you might think you wish they didnt get x or y player

Actually Gooner scums options are pretty good too tbh. I'm just saying it isn't all doom and gloom if we don't sign anyone.

Back