• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

So basically nearly all leads feel near enough dead.
Moutinho
Remy
Lloris
Llorente
Leandro
Willian

Out of those at a stretch Moutinho, but that would also be the most difficult.

Anyone think we will pull out a signing out the blue. Someone whose name we havent even heard mentioned? I'm resigned to not signing anyone, in which case we make sure Rafa definitely stays.

If Ade, Defoe and Kane are injured I suppose we have Dembele, Bale, Sigurddson, and even VDV to consider for the more forward roles. We got some very good players in this squad. Also if Tommy doesn't end up going out on loan I hope the likes of he and Daws are still given a fair crack at proving themselves, even in Europa league games.

If we do fail with those targets (and there will be a discussion on that if we do) then at the very least we need to keep VDV. Would be very sorry to see him go.

VERTONGHEN in <--- KING out
CAULKER in <--- BASSONG out
NAUGHTON in <--- CORLUKA out
ADEBAYOR in <--- ADEBAYOR loan
SIGURDSSON in <--- KRANJCAR out
DEMBELE in <--- PIENAAR out

Moutinho in? Modric out
Lloris in? Gomes out?

Arsenal being linked to Dutch RB van der Wiel. Update on his situation in Dutch media tomorrow.

Whats up with Sagna? One of the best right backs in the league on his day

Dempsey wouldnt surprise me as a cheap VDV replacement or something.

Thing to remember is if the window was now closed we would still have a decent squad, yes it lacks cover in some places but we have an excellent first 11 and some decent back up players and what we have should easily be enough to push for 4th place.

I really hope Jenas & Bentley are both gone tomorrow, if we can get 5m for the pair and 100K a week of the books then that will be good business imo.

Gaston Ramirez is officially a Southampton player, strange one.

Injured. Broke the same leg twice last season.

Yeah, I remember the one at White Hart Lane, weightsed by Ekotto. Didn't know he broke the same one when he returned, ouch. That could almost be it for him then. I've been impressed by van der Wiel but he's no Sagna.

Yeah, I remember the one at White Hart Lane, weightsed by Ekotto. Didn't know he broke the same one when he returned, ouch. That could almost be it for him then. I've been impressed by van der Wiel but he's no Sagna.

Happened in the last game of the season I think.

Keep hearing reports of how we're definitely not in for Llorente.

Surely this means he starts against Norwich on Saturday \o/

In all seriousness, couple of my scum mates are getting excited that his odds have fallen for joining them in this window. Not a betting man, any truth in this?

If he goes to them or the Scousers I will be livid. Not towards Levy/AVB, but livid nonetheless.

So Fulham get Berbatov for £5m, and he takes a wage cut, and we get Dempsey for x. I hope not.

AVB accuses Hamburg of disrespect over Van der Vaart deal

Tottenham Hotspur manager Andre Villas-Boas has accused Hamburg of disrespect over attempts to re-sign Rafael van der Vaart. The Dutch international has been linked with a move back to Germany after the arrival at White Hart Lane of Gylfi Sigurdsson.

"We have interest from Hamburg, but an offer of that dimension is not something the player deserves," Villas-Boas said. "Tottenham should be respected. [The transfer] doesn't seem to be happening."

The Portuguese also dampened talk of a switch for Marseilles striker Loïc Rémy, whose club yesterday said they had turned down a bid from Spurs, while he also admitted that a move for Shakhtar Donetsk's Willian was in danger of breaking down. Negotiations over a move for the Lyons goalkeeper Hugo Lloris remain ongoing.

The club's defensive options worsened yesterday after Younes Kaboul was ruled out for four months. The France international has had surgery on his left knee. Villas-Boas lost the services of Ledley King, Sébastien Bassong and Ryan Nelsen this summer, and is now prepared to keep Michael Dawson. "We are happy with the situation," he said.

In better news for Spurs, striker Jermain Defoe has signed a new three-year deal at White Hart Lane.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...17.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Gaston Ramirez is officially a Southampton player, strange one.

Massimo Marioni @MassMarioni
Must be something glaringly wrong with the Gaston Ramirez deal (or player himself!) No way Southampton could out-muscle Liverpool and Spurs

Andy Hollis @74Promotions
@MassMarioni Spurs never made a formal bid and Liverpool couldn't afford him. Pretty simple really. Plus Saints guarantee 1st team football.

Liverpool can't afford someone Southampton can? Amazing!

Am i correct in thinking the deadline is at 00:00 tomorrow?

Back