• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

I'm split on who i'd really like between Moutinho and Lloris.

On one hand, Moutinho is probably the best replacement for Modric we could hope for...but on the other hand, Lloris is a world class goalkeeper going stupidly cheap. And i feel this is the only opportunity we have to sign Lloris this cheap and before other clubs come in. Whereas we can revisit Moutinho if we really need him in january...

JJset saying that Avb and Levy have fallen out !!! :lol:

I think everyone of our managers has had a difficult relationship with Levy at times. I think Levy doesn't allow managers completely free reign of transfers and I could see AVB getting frustrated by some of his dealings if targets aren't being brought in or targets AVB didn't sign off are being worked on.

Does seem a few contradictory statements i.e. AVB says our strikers are sorted, but its clear we've been working on signing at least Damiao??

Thats all they're talking about over on SC.

Honest, don't want to cause a row and get people all angry but I would not be surprised. Perhaps AVB found out Levy was bidding for Remy after honestly stating he wasn't interested lol

Wouldnt surprise me if Levy fancied Remy then AVB vetoed it this morning hence the story.

Probs same with Moutinho, AVB desperate for him and Levy offers him someone else at half the price.

So someone who gets every transfer wrong has decided to throw a spanner in the works and make up some flimflam about Levy and AVB falling out? If you believe that brick then you are just as bad as the followers who follow the clowns on teletext.

The original JJetset ‏@jetsetyid
A wasted day of toys being thrown out of pram.

Can mean anything really, which of course it will once Spurs fans on the internet start interpreting.

So someone who gets every transfer wrong has decided to throw a spanner in the works and make up some flimflam about Levy and AVB falling out? If you believe that brick then you are just as bad as the followers who follow the clowns on teletext.

This. This is a professional management team, not some schoolboys choosing their mates for a park kickabout.

http://www.mercato365.com/infos-clubs/lyon/ca-se-precise-pour-hugo-lloris-886739.shtml

"Les deux parties vont tenter de trouver un terrain d’entente dans la journée de vendredi. Un rendez-vous a été pris à Monaco, en marge de la Supercoupe d’Europe qui oppose Chelsea à l’Atletico Madrid."

They seem to know more than the rest. Apparently we're meeting Lyon chairman tomorrow in Monaco, because thats where the supercup final is between Chelsea and Atletico.

Lets take that with a pinch of salt, why would we meet there?

Some are saying that Avb didnt want Dembele but Moutinho.

Makes sense. If it's Dembele or Moutinho, it's got to be Moutinho anytime. Even if we have to make a loss on the likes of JJ, GDS, Gomes, Dawson etc to scrounge up the extra 15m necessary for Moutinho.

I would much rather have an expensive player that the manager really, really wants than a compromise player that's cheaper but doesn't quite do what we need.

*sigh*

My believing it could be true has nothing to do with the person who has suggested it. Based more on how things have gone this window and how Levy generally behaves.And it does not mean I believe it is true.

Hmmmm, wonder why Lyon have taken that statement off their website?

Edit: my bad, saw on twitter and it hasn't gone!

Last edited:
Back