• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

1. This goes for you and others doing the same thing: Stop trying to infer that someone on here is JJetset or anyone else unless they admit to it themselves. Spreading rumours about other posters is a rule break.

2. I do not hang on his every word, but I believe he has inside knowledge. How genuine it is will vary.

3. I respond to posts desperately trying to catch him in the wrong, then using that to discredit everything he says.

Very well said.
The immature over-reaction to the ITK posts is a blight on a number of Spurs forums.
Amazing how obsessive, childish and abusive posts are written by people who (hopefully) wouldn't speak to actual people in such uncivil terms in their real offline life.

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

That should have been a pm tbh. I'll answer via pm if you really want an answer but me answering on here will derail this thread even more (i'm currently very intrerested in reading how exactly Gomes is so good but Friedel is so bad).

No, you're interested in framing things to extreme points of definition. Allow me to explain your comment above, however.

Gomes has incredible ability and incredible talent. He has been derailed mentally (his errors when he first came to the club were not helped by having a non-British goalkeeping coach - as soon as Parksie worked with him, things changed pretty quickly)...

Friedel has been a fine goalkeeper but at 41 cannot react nearly as fast any more. For me PERSONALLY, the equalizing West Brom goal at the weekend (both the failure to claim and the inability to get down to the shot) show that his time has come. I could list other examples (I personally believe a top 4 keeper would've got to Ba's shot the weekend before) and again, this is NOT his fault, it's his AGE!

Interest over I trust?!

Dembele? yes fudging please

Friedel has been a fine goalkeeper but at 41 cannot react nearly as fast any more. For me PERSONALLY, the equalizing West Brom goal at the weekend (both the failure to claim and the inability to get down to the shot) show that his time has come.

Love Brad, but I agree, sadly.

I'm not wanting to wade into the Brad Friedel past it or not debate. But an observation about last Saturday -while he wasn't great on the goal, or the lack of communicaiton/confusion with Walker earlier, he was off his line pretty smartish to save from Lukaku twice. Both of those saves, especially the one with his feet, another decent keeper might not have made.

But, as other posters have commented, we should be looking for a long term replacement anyway.

if you notice it went from 80 % to 84 now

i am certain that we wil get dembele provided some issues get ironed out. the player likes london , likes the direction this club is going, is fully aware that he will be initially having to secure his place for the starting line up

we like him and he is a cheaper option though not our number one

as the transfer deadline closes in and we dont get a modric replacement the more certain i am that we will pull the trigger on this deal

the issue is that AVB would rather have pivot playmaker or a playmaker that can orchestrAte from deep and also be a midfield general.......but all the options that are good enough are proving to expensive. He is willing to settle for a box to box player that is premiership proven . Levy likes the potential sell on value and low risk factor

dembele is ours.

Just checked via Transfermarkt and a couple of other sources and it seems he hasn't signed any extension to his contract. It runs out next summer which surely could mean a real chance of getting him in at around £10m......I couldn't see Fulham rejecting that if he is not willing to sign a new contract at all.

While the upgrade from Friedel to Lloris may not be as great as an upgrade from, say, Defoe to Damiao, I do believe that it would still result in a few extra points gained/less goals conceded over a season and therefore be worth making.
We have enough resource to look at this transfer for Hugo without it being at the detriment of another vital deal so why not go for it?
He's available now at a reasonable price, is an international keeper with years of experience in European football as well and is 15 years younger than our current keeper who has indicated willingness to stay and work at Spurs however they see fit to use him.

What's not to like about this deal?

Of course Brad needs replacing, he's 41 ffs! However on Saturday he earned us a draw. Managed to get down to Lukaku's shot and kept Fortune out when clean through.

Was never going to save morrisson's goal but you are right, should have come for the corner ball.

IN: Lloris, Willian, Dembele.

OUT: Gomes, Bentley, Jenas.

That is more than realistic...

Jenas to be involved in a swap with Dembele perhaps?

João Ruela ‏@joao_ruela
Acaz Felleger: "Hulk will decide his future till Wednesday.There's two offers from England and one from Russia" #CFC #MCFC #THFC #AFC #Zenit

João Ruela ‏@joao_ruela
DN: AVB wants to use the money of Modric's sale to buy Hulk, which will decide between FC Porto, Tottenham, Chelsea and Zenit till tomorrow

If we spend all of our money from Modric on Hulk, I fudging give up

Of course Brad needs replacing, he's 41 ffs! However on Saturday he earned us a draw. Managed to get down to Lukaku's shot and kept Fortune out when clean through.

Was never going to save morrisson's goal but you are right, should have come for the corner ball.

this...

morrisson's goal was partly due to luck and partly due to a very static defence that stood lilke a wall of players waiting to block, not attack, the shot. maybe the penalty decision against us last match had something to do with the players' pshyche.

however there was once or twice where the ball was lobbed back into our defence - before morrisson's goal - and I felt Brad should have claimed those instead of leaving it to our defender. (can he jump anymore?).

to be fair, he did go down low fully stretched for a save (lukaku?) ... that was a very good save indeed.

to me friedel's anxiety had something to do with the increasingly disorganized defence in front of him after lukaku came about. it also coincided with gallas having lost his legs, and a frenetic verts compensating all over the place. if brad has to go, gallas too... don't see any keeper staying calm if our CB's can't.

If we spend all of our money from Modric on Hulk, I fudging give up

Completely agree, one of the most overhyped players around and not what we need to do if we want to strengthen the team in other areas. I don't think it is realistic thankfully.

I highly doubt we will sign Moutinho. Quality player and would love to see him sign, but just cannot see it happening.

GB I can't see us getting Moutinho.

I think the next signing will be Willian (if reports of levy flying to Ukraine are true), then Lloris and IF there is time, there will be a late push for Dembele.

Of course my fear is we will not be rash with fees and wages and hence negotiations will push it right down to the wire meaning maybe we will not be able to get all our business done.

Vertonghen, Ade,Gylfi, Willian, Dembele and Lloris would have to be a very successful transfer window even with the loss of Luka.

How would we line up?

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Ekotto
Dembele Sandro Willian
Lennon Adebayor Bale
??

I guess it's more likely Willian would occupy Lennons role?

Willian would be competition for both Bale and Lennon, yes

Back