• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

Sportsmail understands CSKA Moscow's attacking midfielder Alan Dzagoev has emerged as a late target.
Spurs have been quoted £25m for one of the stars of Euro 2012, and negotiations for the 22-year-old will continue today.

Would love to see Dzagoev here, would certainly be an improvement on Defoe. 25m seems a bit excessive though. AND - it's the Daily Mail.

is dzagoev a striker?

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

Dzagoev
M'Vila
LLoris
William
Dembele
Damiao

It seems like we're finally busy.

please remember my ITK of dembele. i did mention this a while ago

we are getting dembele

he is ours...84% certain of this

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff
Malaga, Fiorentina, Feyenoord (all loan), Tottenham (permanent) are interested in Roma forward Bojan. Next 48 hours could be decisive. [tv3]

If thats his attitude should we want it to?

I think a lot of footballers are like that these days to be honest.

Modric did the same, would you not want him playing for your club.

Whilst I would love a squad of proper dedicated perfect professionals I'm more concerned with their talent on the pitch (unless they are Barton etc). Of couse I care about off the pitch character but its far overridden by the talent on it.

No idea whether his talent is sufficient though but AVB did used to be a scout so I guess we will have to trust his judgement.

Im sure other names are going to pop up in the last three days. The players we're talking about are quite good, and we havent agreed deals yet.

Rasiak anyone?

You are a joker.

Downing £20m
Jordan Henderson £20m
Andy Caroll £35m

And you think Fergie will let Nani go for £15m? You are talking out of your arse

depends who else is bidding..i dont see this big market for the lad maybe the russioan mob poss PSG but i think they may want better mob ..fergie is incredibly pragmatic when it comes to selling (unlike our own negotiator)...fergie dont like unhappy players hanging around

I think we will end up with:
LLoris
William
Afellay (loan)
Dembélé
A Striker but not Damião or Llorente

Last edited:

If we sign William, Lloris, Dembele and another striker & keeping VDV then I will eb ecstatic.

Wouldnt mind Defoe and Dawson staying but could cope with them leaving.

If we can get rid of Bentley & Jenas that would really top it off nicely.

please remember my ITK of dembele. i did mention this a while ago

we are getting dembele

he is ours...84% certain of this

Why the strangely precise figure, as? Why exactly 84? Just something that nags at me when I look at it.

I really enjoy buying a player on the back of a few good games, a hell of a lot of average games and one good game against utd.

Lloris, Dembele and Willian would be unreal. I don't know much of Willian but AVB clearly does, so that's enough for me.

Could be an exciting week!

Just be interested to know, did any ITK mention the partnership with Madrid before the deal was done?
I mean, this is something which must have been brewing a while, involving people from both clubs in the commercial, coaching, scouting areas, and probably a few other places from the club shop to catering.

Funny how NOBODY from any of these areas have hinted that it was in the pipeline.
Just goes to show how fabricated these sources really are.

The Guardian: Tottenham home in on Lloris and Dembélé after Modric seals Real deal

Tottenham Hotspur have targeted Moussa Dembélé of Fulham to reinforce their midfield after finally sanctioning the £30m sale of Luka Modric to Real Madrid, while they have had a €16m (£13m) offer accepted by Lyon for the goalkeeper Hugo Lloris.

These two would be superb signings. I've had both on my amazon wish list from day 1.

Express linking us (and Arsenal) to M'Villa and Cabaye.

These two would be superb signings. I've had both on my amazon wish list from day 1.

I'm with you on that mate. Additonally, not keen on Anderson link, but I am a fan of Willian.

Would love Dembele and Lloris. Fully expecting Chimbonda.

Back