• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Willian says he is unhappy with his club for blocking Tottenham’s attempts to sign him.

Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas has earmarked Willian as a potential replacement for the departed Luka Modric and the Brazil playmaker is frustrated that Shakhtar are standing in the way of a transfer.

The north London club have reportedly had a bid of £11.8 million for the 24-year-old rejected but are widely tipped to lodge an improved offer before the end of the transfer window.

“I am really upset with the board for not letting me leave,” Willian told Globo Esporte.

“It would be good for me and also for the club.”

Willian - who was left out of Shakhtar’s squad for their league game against Karpaty yesterday - says a move to White Hart Lane would be ideal for him.

“I would play in a great place and I would develop professionally,” he said.

“Everyone knows that I want to leave.”

I'm pretty confident this move will go through

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

Nani is apparently on 90k a week and is looking for 130k. Totally out of our league unless man utd wanted to subsidise his wages and I can't see why they would do that when there are plenty of teams out there that would pay him that without help

Weren't there rumors that Bale's new contract put him at 115k per week? And I'm sure we're not paying Ade peanuts either. Plus, Modric's 70k a week wages are now no longer a problem. A 100, maybe 115k a week wage packet could potentially be within our power to offer now.

He'll be our last minute £20m rejected bid tbh.[/QUOTE

i belive man yoo would sell for 15m..there isnt much cash around. and in terms of wages we would be up there...i am more concerned that he would turn us down and prefer to figght for his place..we just got to pray that fergie tells him the score about his plans....my fear is that we get anderson as our mod replacement.

You are a joker.

Downing £20m
Jordan Henderson £20m
Andy Caroll £35m

And you think Fergie will let Nani go for £15m? You are talking out of your arse

Gary Jacob ‏@garyjacob
#Tottenham move for Leandro #Damiao going nowhere, deal unlikely

Gary Jacob ‏@garyjacob
Sunderland for Dawson and a striker (Defoe?) @fantapants77 #QPR hope Sunderland spent budget so can get Dawson

Nani is apparently on 90k a week and is looking for 130k. Totally out of our league unless man utd wanted to subsidise his wages and I can't see why they would do that when there are plenty of teams out there that would pay him that without help

Bale is apparently on somewhere between 90k and 110k a week, Ade probably the same. There are ways of making up the remainder, but depends on the fee if it's worth it.

so he is as good now as he was 5 ears ago? i think perhaps he could leave his 6 yard box then...to sugggest he was one of the best last year is utter nonsense. in some ways ggomes is better but sadly his clanggers became unforgivable.
friedl is ok but not ood enough its as simple as that..and thankfully now finally levy seems prepared to solve the problem.
you can paint whatever you want but the thread i replied to was someone sayingg his attitude was classy...when someone gets an opportunity in life they a) didnt think they would get b) fulfillingg their dream for an extended period c)know in their heart of hearts such a big club should have someone better...they will tend to have a good attitude .
You're talking absolute breeze mate, give it up

Weren't there rumors that Bale's new contract put him at 115k per week? And I'm sure we're not paying Ade peanuts either. Plus, Modric's 70k a week wages are now no longer a problem. A 100, maybe 115k a week wage packet could potentially be within our power to offer now.

I doubt Bale earns as much as that. Probably one of the top earners at maybe 80k.

Sportsmail understands CSKA Moscow's attacking midfielder Alan Dzagoev has emerged as a late target.
Spurs have been quoted £25m for one of the stars of Euro 2012, and negotiations for the 22-year-old will continue today.

Would love to see Dzagoev here, would certainly be an improvement on Defoe. 25m seems a bit excessive though. AND - it's the Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Daniel-Levy-jets-Ukraine-Willian-pursuit.html

Tottenham chief Levy jets to Ukraine in hope of landing wantaway Willian

Daniel Levy has returned from a mission to Ukraine hopeful of landing Brazilian playmaker Willian.

A new offer is to be made to Shakhtar Donetsk as chairman Levy looks to complete a typically late Spurs transfer splurge.

He met senior officials at the club at the weekend and, although a bid has been rejected, Levy will make an increased offer as he seeks a replacement for Luka Modric.

That sale to Madrid triggered a day of frantic negotiating with clubs across the globe ahead of Friday night's transfer deadline.

Shakhtar have rejected an initial £11.8million bid from Spurs for 24-year-old Willian.

The Ukrainian outfit want a fee closer to the £20m mark but White Hart Lane chiefs are confident that a compromise can be reached

The swoop for Willian isn't the only deal on the cards as the Tottenham hierarchy seek to improve their playing staff.

Sportsmail understands CSKA Moscow's attacking midfielder Alan Dzagoev has emerged as a late target.

Spurs have been quoted £25m for one of the stars of Euro 2012, and negotiations for the 22-year-old will continue today.

Tottenham have also enquired about Fulham midfielder Moussa Dembele as they look to replace the creativity lost since Modric's departure.

Spurs are willing to use David Bentley or Jermaine Jenas as a makeweight in their attempts to land the Belgium star.

Andre Villas-Boas's first choice replacement for Croat Modric remains Joao Moutinho, but the White Hart Lane club are unwilling to match Porto's £30m asking price.

Tottenham are also interested in Manchester United midfielder Anderson and Yann M'Vila of Rennes.

Spurs also remain hot on the heels of Lyon goalkeeper Hugo Lloris and are hopeful of bringing the France captain to the capital before Friday's deadline.

However, their move for Leandro Damiao looks like failing, with the Brazil and Internacional striker understood to be reluctant to move to England.

Whilst a 100-115k wage packet might be affordable, it is not very savvy. What happens when you put one player on bigger wages than everyone else?

Everyone else will want a wage bump. So your 115k wage packet ends up costing more like 250k...

Bilbao have shipped 8 goals in their first two games so far - and rumour has it that all is not well between Bielsa and the board. Llorente not playing tonight and the club want rid of him. It may be a long shot, but we're still in with a chance, hell we could even be in with a go at Martinez!

Im really holding out the hope that towards the end of the week, Llorente is announced at a cracking fee given his situation contractually and on a personal level with Bilbao. Maybe the Modric money is not just to be used for a midfielder but a forward out of nowhere? Nothing wrong with a little dream I suppose.

Whilst a 100-115k wage packet might be affordable, it is not very savvy. What happens when you put one player on bigger wages than everyone else?

Everyone else will want a wage bump. So your 115k wage packet ends up costing more like 250k...

Very true, with the slight addendum that only a couple of our players will actually get one, I think. Probably Sandro and VdV (if he stays). The rest have either signed new contracts recently or aren't really important enough to justify a significant wage bump for a while yet.

Going by reports/ITK from earlier this summer we broke the 100k limit with Bale, or at least came very close. With the new tv deal coming in next season there's room to maneuver.

Blame Dawson? No. He's a poor passer and I can see why he's being moved on. Hopefully the same with Friedel - just a poor passer who doesn't fit our tactics.

As for blaming Harry, he's the one who bought a keeper who can't pass - it was clearly not a priority of his.

and when the new keeper come in and kicks it long? will you blame him or AVB or the defenders?

The Guardian: Tottenham home in on Lloris and Dembélé after Modric seals Real deal

Tottenham Hotspur have targeted Moussa Dembélé of Fulham to reinforce their midfield after finally sanctioning the £30m sale of Luka Modric to Real Madrid, while they have had a €16m (£13m) offer accepted by Lyon for the goalkeeper Hugo Lloris.

Dembélé is hot property, particularly after his eyecatching performance in his team's 3-2 defeat at Manchester United on Saturday, and has come to feature prominently on Tottenham's wishlist. The manager André Villas-Boas's midfield priority has been João Moutinho of Porto, but his €30m price-tag is a deterrent and the Portuguese club are not inclined to accept less.

Tottenham are also pushing for the Shakhtar Donetsk attacking midfielder Willian and they have had an £11m bid rejected for him. The club are conscious they are short of cover for Aaron Lennon on the right flank, while they also continue to explore the possibility of deals for Rennes' holding midfielder Yann M'Vila and the Internacional striker Leandro Damião.

Villas-Boas does not consider M'Vila a potential replacement for Modric, as he is more defensively-minded. "On the possible replacements for Luka, we are looking for a more creative player," Villas-Boas said. Dembélé would appear to fit the bill. Considered an attacking midfielder, he has flourished as one of the two central players in Martin Jol's Fulham formation.

He is known for his ability to drive forward with the ball at his feet and beat players, as well as his eye for a pass. But he can also win possession. Tottenham, though, will encounter resistance from Fulham, who would be loth to sell the 25-year-old unless an offer of at least £15m were to come in. Dembélé's Fulham contract runs until 2013 but the club have the option of a further year.

Tottenham have, however, fared better on the goalkeeping front, as an offer has been accepted by Lyon for Hugo Lloris, the France No1. He has been Villas-Boas's goalkeeping target since he arrived at Tottenham. The club offered €11m for him in July, which was rejected, and they had baulked at going much higher. They investigated the possibility of signing Internazionale's Júlio César, who is available at a fraction of Lloris's price.

But they have returned with an acceptable offer and the Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has given them permission to talk to Lloris over personal terms. "I had contact with Daniel Levy [the Tottenham chairman] on Sunday and the position between the two clubs has got closer," Aulas said. "I have told Hugo about the discussions with Tottenham and everything is in his hands. The decision is his."

Modric's move to Madrid has brought the curtain down on one of the summer's most high profile transfer sagas. The Croatia playmaker learned of Madrid's interest before the European Championship, which started on 8 June, and he immediately wanted to join them. But he has endured a long wait, as Levy held out for as close to €40m as possible.

In the end, Levy has accepted rather less, although he suggested he was glad Modric had gone to Madrid and not a domestic rival. Chelsea had tried to sign him last summer only for Levy to reject their offer of £30m plus the Brazilian defender Alex, who Chelsea valued at £10m. Tottenham's valuation of Alex was lower and he has has since left Chelsea for Paris St-Germain.

Modric refused to go on Tottenham's pre-season tour of the US and trained away from the first team group. But the eventual parting was amicable, with Tottenham wishing him well for the future . "There are no hard feelings from my side," Modric said, "and I think it's the same with Tottenham. Everyone thought there was something bad between us but it was nothing bad. I thank everyone at Spurs."

Tottenham have signed a partnership agreement with Real Madrid similar to the London club's tie-ups with Internacional in Brazil, South China FC in Hong Kong, SuperSport United in South Africa and San Jose Earthquakes in the US.

The agreement will permit Tottenham's coaches to visit Madrid to study training techniques, and vice versa. It will also allow the clubs to swap ideas on commercial strategy, and young players might be loaned between them.

So you're saying he is classy. At least you agree there, even if the motivations for said behaviour that you ascribe to the man are strange, to say the least.

being thankful is a strong motivator

Lloris, Dembele and Willian would be great business. Still think we need another striker so that is possible is Defoe and VDV are moved on?

Back