• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

he might well be a nice guy and professional but I personally dont see it as "classy". he is a 41 year old who is 75% max of his best and is playing for one of the best clubs in arguably the most prestigious league in the world. he has no business being our first choice keeper and my take is that he is just grateful for being so fortunate. he probably cant belive that a club like us found ourselves in such a mess spending millions on a brazilian buffoon who no one wants anywhere near the price we paid and therefore needed a supposed safe pair of hands....he knows it must come to an end.

load of gonads

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

but having 3 keepers each earning say 50k - 60k per week un-necessary. So shipping Gomes out and having Freidel and Lloris as our first choices would work well. Just need to find someone to take CC!!!

Sorry I agree with you, misread what you said. I though you meant we would need to replace Gomes (in addition to getting in Lloris)! Sorry, Lloris and Friedel would be excellent.

Last edited:

I notice Dembele cost £5m a couple of years ago. It has been quite a while that we signed a bargain so cheaply

I notice Dembele cost £5m a couple of years ago. It has been quite a while that we signed a bargain so cheaply, he will not move for less than £15m which means he would have tripled his value in 2 years. I guess that is what you call good scouting

I notice Dembele cost £5m a couple of years ago. It has been quite a while that we signed a bargain so cheaply, he will not move for less than £15m which means he would have tripled his value in 2 years. I guess that is what you call good scouting

Just see Saudi Sportswashing Machine for good scouting, and Swansea.

We should've signed him just for this

[video=youtube;OWRcuITQRSg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWRcuITQRSg[/video]

load of gonads

really what? as if any club with ambition to finish top4 should have such an average keeper. a cheap skate solution to another key problem. no one blames him...of course he is going to be humble...as if he genuinely belivves he should be first choice at a top 6 club. every position needs to be scrutinsied and there is NO justification for this (nice) gguy to remain as our first choice. none.

is it you that is based in France ?

what do you think of this M'villa fella ?

Yes, thats me.

Not that keen on M'vila. Not worth what we would have to pay for him. A bit more mobile than Livermore i would think, a bit more athletic.

He is a defensive midfielder, but not good going forward. Actually hes a bit like Livermore. He seems to be rated because he started really young at Rennes but apart from passing it sideways, i cant really see what he does. Not that good a tackler.

More potential than Livermore? Yes, probably but not worth 15m of whatever they want. Add to that Outfield problems..

Incredible deal. Cabaye and Cisse were excellent buys too and look at Swansea and some of their buys, the latest being Michu.

Yep I mentioned Michu above just £2m. Maybe we just need a better scouting set-up.

Yes, thats me.

Not that keen on M'vila. Not worth what we would have to pay for him. A bit more mobile than Livermore i would think, a bit more athletic.

He is a defensive midfielder, but not good going forward. Actually hes a bit like Livermore. He seems to be rated because he started really young at Rennes but apart from passing it sideways, i cant really see what he does. Not that good a tackler.

More potential than Livermore? Yes, probably but not worth 15m of whatever they want. Add to that Outfield problems..

Have you seen much of Aubameyang?

On another topic anyone watching Athletico game? Falcao is something else.

Back