• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

Well i'm not joking. No i don't think we need a goalie and i'd rather we spend our time targetting players who play in the positions we need.

You genuinly believe Gomes is the answer to our apparent goalkeeping problems?

LOL, I absurdly believe Gomes is a fantastically talented goalie, problem being whether his mental frame can ever be repaired. i would agree that this is probably not the time to try and "repair" him. I think if we stick with Brad, we are going to get done many times over. I feel we got a good strong season out of him last year but the decline was already apparent in the last 10-12 games (he simply cannot get down to shots like a younger keeper, thus anything from 12 yards or further on the floor with a few players around and he is stumped)...I'd thus like to see a goalie, Moutinho and attacking option :)

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

The closer the deadline gets the less the itk know lol...

how do we know the Inter chairman is a nutter btw? was anyone there during negotiations? did Daniel Levy tell you? is it because Jjetset said?

Ah come on man, give over will you? If you DON'T want to believe this, fine. But don't get all hot under the collar about it...

Akqayid says Gomes is going back to PSV.

Can somebody tell MIKE ASHLEY to get his F U C K I N G cheque book out and buy some players and back his manager who did so well last year?

Great chance to push on, but if we don't invest we stand still.

On Llorente Juventus seemed the favourites, would be very surprised if we got him.

Scroll up..Steff said he'd like Gomes to be given a chance again. The biggest calamity keeper since Taibi of United.

:ross:

Really? You are having a giraffe right? Because I don't remember Taibi single-handedly winning back-to-back matches against Arsenal and Chelsea, keeping a clean sheet @ Eastlands in a 'cup final'...you might not like him, but you will have to do better than that matey! ;-)

sharpening the knives already Greg ?

Ah come on man, give over will you? If you DON'T want to believe this, fine. But don't get all hot under the collar about it...

My point is that we don't know. Even if someone was told by Levy personally, what's to say Levy isn't the nutter during negotiations?

I can easily see a scenario where Levy opens the bidding at 6m and ups it by 200k every 3 days. Eventually the Inter chairman will show signs of Nutterism and tell him to fudging DO ONE YOU STUPID taco. Again it's all guess work.

Can somebody tell MIKE ASHLEY to get his F U C K I N G cheque book out and buy some players and back his manager who did so well last year?

Speak up Greg. We can't hear you at the back.

This is how we felt when we got CL football for the first time and all we got was Steven Pienaar and Bongani Khumalo, ok ok we fluked VDV at the last minute too, but still.

Really? You are having a giraffe right? Because I don't remember Taibi single-handedly winning back-to-back matches against Arsenal and Chelsea, keeping a clean sheet @ Eastlands in a 'cup final'...you might not like him, but you will have to do better than that matey! ;-)

Steff Gomes was immense in the last part of the season I will give you that, but for everyone outside of spurs he will be known for his howlers. I recall the following season he had 7 or 8 fcuk ups that cost us games or goals. Everyone I know outside of spurs call him a clown, in fact all my spurs mates call him a clown as do I. If it werent for his howlers he would have been a top keeper.

for every great save Gomes makes comes a mistake that usually costs us a goal meaning we're back to square one. He's mentally unstable imo and i never want to see him play for us again (altough personality wise i rather like him).

dont do that again greg pls.

Sorry.

I am angry with our lack of activity in the transfer market, not one first team ready player signed. Pathetic.

tbf i think you've just created this rule being that i'm pretty sure nothing was done by any mod when Moonlit and Spursfan1952 got the same thing all the time. Never did i see 1 single mod state it was a rule break. Hell when certain posters continuously refer to me as "Harvey" or "Wilmot" (whoever that is) i didn't see a mod say it was a rule break but now i'm aware it is i'll be sure to point it out at EVERY opportunity.

It's been a rule not to call people names or spread rumours about them for ages. I have certainly pulled people up on the Moonlit/Spursfan52. I agree that people calling you Harvey or Wilmot it not on and if I saw people doing it I would ask them to stop.

Jordinho asked you quite reasonably to quit calling Rossi JJset. Is that really something to get on your high horse about? Why not just take it on board and move on rather than going on the attack?

It's been a rule not to call people names or spread rumours about them for ages. I have certainly pulled people up on the Moonlit/Spursfan52. I agree that people calling you Harvey or Wilmot it not on and if I saw people doing it I would ask them to stop.

Jordinho asked you quite reasonably to quit calling Rossi JJset. Is that really something to get on your high horse about? Why not just take it on board and move on rather than going on the attack?

That should have been a pm tbh. I'll answer via pm if you really want an answer but me answering on here will derail this thread even more (i'm currently very intrerested in reading how exactly Gomes is so good but Friedel is so bad).

dan_bu ‏@dan_bu
No news on van der Vaart for those who ask. Personal terms agreed, according to "Bild and "Welt", but Spurs reportedly want more than €18m.

Back