• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

I expect any keeper we buy to be as good as Friedel at shot stopping (reasonably good), better at coming off his line (mediocre or even poor will do) and to understand a form of distribution that isn't a high, long ball to Defoe.

We need another keeper. I'd personally be delighted to see Gomes given another chance but it won't happen, so we need to sign one. It's not Brad's fault; the man is 41 and physically cannot react to low shots like younger keepers. As for claiming a ball 3 yards from the goal line when it's hovering, well, my granny could've claimed that on Saturday and she's brown bread!

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

I hope Brad is being kept in the loop - model pro, should at least be given the courtesy to try and secure a deal elsewhere if Lloris comes off. He's certainly good enough to play PL for another season.

Tottenham’s first choice goalkeeper from last season says that he knows Spurs have other long term plans but that he still expects to stay on for another campaign. Brad Friedel signed on a two year deal last summer and stated that he is happy to see new arrivals.

“We will welcome any good addition to the squad,” said the American international.

“When I first signed here, there was no secret Tottenham would one day need a new long-term goalkeeper. I am 41, this could be my final season.

“I will do whatever asked of me, whether that is number one, two or three and will do it to the best of my ability.

“When you get older, it is easier to realise this is a team sport and the egos have to take a back seat if you want to be successful.”

There’s been plenty of speculation concerning a deal for French international Hugo Lloris and Brad has probably been around long enough to understand the club’s intentions if this happens. From his comments however, it seems as if he may be happy to hang around as the deputy and that could also be a good option for the club.

http://www.tottenhamblog.com/2012/07/12/friedel-expects-another-season/

Model pro indeed, an incredibly classy guy IMO.

Let me just get this straight. Are the mods saying it is a rule infraction to speculate on the identity of an ITK.
Or just to speculate on the identity of an ITK, if that speculation (as in the identity) is directed at a particular poster on GG.

And that would presumably be because it might upset them?
Or alternatively because it might result in a deluge of "I'm ITK" in the manner of Spartacus, thus hiding the identity of the real culprit, and resulting in a board meltdown.
(I'm guessing the former)

Constantly referring to a poster as being the ITK whenever they post something is, especially considering the manner in which it is done. There are examples further back in the thread.

Constantly referring to a poster as being the ITK whenever they post something is, especially considering the manner in which it is done. There are examples further back in the thread.

tbf i think you've just created this rule being that i'm pretty sure nothing was done by any mod when Moonlit and Spursfan1952 got the same thing all the time. Never did i see 1 single mod state it was a rule break. Hell when certain posters continuously refer to me as "Harvey" or "Wilmot" (whoever that is) i didn't see a mod say it was a rule break but now i'm aware it is i'll be sure to point it out at EVERY opportunity.

So you genuinely believe we don't need a keeper?

Well i'm not joking. No i don't think we need a goalie and i'd rather we spend our time targetting players who play in the positions we need.

You genuinly believe Gomes is the answer to our apparent goalkeeping problems?

Twitter rumour inbound: according to RossH.... Llorente is in Essex with his agent.... I know his name is the lion.... But that's just cheesy ;)

I expect any keeper we buy to be as good as Friedel at shot stopping (reasonably good), better at coming off his line (mediocre or even poor will do) and to understand a form of distribution that isn't a high, long ball to Defoe.
now you're blaming freidel for long balls. didnt you blame dawson and harry in the past?

I think people miss the mechanics behind these windows. I have no doubt whatsoever that we have been negotiating for Damiao, indeed, we DID send people to brazil to try and close the deal, but the bloke who runs Internacional is a nutter who keeps shifting the posts, thus it has proven impossible to conclude. I have no doubt we were in for several players, and still are, but the jockeying is getting intense now, and as such, things will be genuinely on and genuinely off with alarming speed and inconsistency.Agents will also spread rumors of bids for their clients simply to stir the pot, there is a LOT of weird behavior. The ONE thing I do wish is that Levy could've acted decisively in jan for Hazard who, by the accounts I have heard, was virtually wrapped up only for something to happen. You have to wonder if he he'd have gone in there with extra conga and done what he did when he grabbed Luka, would we have sealed that deal? The other thing with ITKs, is that you have to consider that anything which is really really concrete has NO business in a public forum until it's done. The club get shafted by that sort of brick. Thus they remain entertainment of the weirdest kind and whispers to keep everyone twittering away...NOT worth getting so wrapped up with IMHO...

Well i'm not joking. No i don't think we need a goalie and i'd rather we spend our time targetting players who play in the positions we need.

You genuinly believe Gomes is the answer to our apparent goalkeeping problems?

agree with this but dont know what the last line is about.

goal keeper is not nearly as important as other positions

how do we know the Inter chairman is a nutter btw? was anyone there during negotiations? did Daniel Levy tell you? is it because Jjetset said?

agree with this but dont know what the last line is about.

goal keeper is not nearly as important as other positions

Scroll up..Steff said he'd like Gomes to be given a chance again. The biggest calamity keeper since Taibi of United.

Twitter rumour inbound: according to RossH.... Llorente is in Essex with his agent.... I know his name is the lion.... But that's just cheesy ;)

Llorente not in the squad tonight either

how do we know the Inter chairman is a nutter btw? was anyone there during negotiations? did Daniel Levy tell you? is it because Jjetset said?

Quite, not only that but Chelsea did a deal with him rapidly. He may be difficult, but then he doesn't need to sell Leandro. Besides which our chairman is hardly renowned for being easy to deal with.

A great team starts with the goalie im afraid. Friedel is a great servant, but not a Schmeichel, or a Hart who can win you games and is getting old.

We will get other players Im sure, a midfielder and a striker.

We will not get either Llorente or Damiao so people need to stop getting there hopes up.

We will not get either Llorente or Damiao so people need to stop getting there hopes up.

agree. the way people have been banging on about Damiao for 2 years is a joke! As time goes by, it becomes even more unlikely given his increasing profile and international caps/experience

so is the Twitter thing a joke referencing the lion that was supposedly on the loose, or is it a 'genuine' rumour (if that's not an oxymoron)?
Nahh, the bloke says he has seen the actual man him self.... Albeit, no proof *sigh*

Back