• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

The Remy link strikes me as odd. Was very much a Harry target, did not expect AVB to target him.

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

Don't think that's true. GB also had him down as a wing forward but the poster that watches the French league regularly (think it's Charlie) said he's garbage when playing that psition.

If a few of you remember it that way Ive probably got it back to front.

I seem to remember comparisons to Henry, coming on off the flank a lot

Of course it is, my bad. Mixed up two posts.

561495_469640129735111_743249429_n.jpg

Willian in London?
Doesn't Willian have an afro? If I remember someone posted a video of his game from last week or around then!

At least the person taking the photo could have caught the number plates to verify the country he's in.

this is what annoys me. half the board bustin a nut over willian and dont even know what he looks like, even posting pics of M'villa......... oh dear

this is what annoys me. half the board bustin a nut over willian and dont even know what he looks like, even posting pics of M'villa......... oh dear

the photos in football manager can be brick at times.

Was it a Harry target or a THFC target?

Fits Levys MO perfectly. Like Sandro. Like Vertonghen. Like Walker/Naughton.

Good point. Though that concerns me slightly. Happy when AVB and Levy align (e.g. Willian fits Levy bill and AVB wanted him at Chelsea) but when they depart I'd prefer AVB to be backed so he has a better chance of success (admittedly in context of compromise and drawing upon scouting network we have).

Last edited:

Regarding this whole Lloris thing, didn't his dad (agent) say once Modrics gone then the deal would go through?

Good point. Though that concerns me slightly. Happy when AVB and Levy aligns (e.g. Willian fits Levy bill and AVB wanted him at Chelsea) but when they depart I'd prefer AVB to be backed so he has a better chance of success (admittedly in context of compromise and drawing upon scouting network we have).

As would I. My suspicion is that AVB and Levy will be on the same page more often the not. Time will tell ...

Regarding this whole Lloris thing, didn't his dad (agent) say once Modrics gone then the deal would go through?

Yes he, or someone involved with OL, said the Modric deal would likely alter the context for a future deal.

Yes he, or someone involved with OL, said the Modric deal would likely alter the context for a future deal.
Ahh, cheers man! The thing I find funny... Why has Modric being sold suddenly sprung us into action?! Shouldn't the majority of these be done, especially in the areas Modric wasn't involved in just seems peculiar. It's not like we're earning a ton of money, especially seeing how much these supposed deals will cost! There again, could get us two players.

Ahh, cheers man! The thing I find funny... Why has Modric being sold suddenly sprung us into action?! Shouldn't the majority of these be done, especially in the areas Modric wasn't involved in just seems peculiar. It's not like we're earning a ton of money, especially seeing how much these supposed deals will cost! There again, could get us two players.

I think it can only be finances. If we are getting the money in a lump sum from Madrid, for example, it allows us to put down payments on other players

I think it can only be finances. If we are getting the money in a lump sum from Madrid, for example, it allows us to put down payments on other players
Yeah, I see where you're coming from, so in effect we're doing the same thing: some up front and then the rest in addon's, this completing the overall price of say 15 mill

Money I guess. Some didn't want to believe that the Modric deal was so heavily tied up with the rest of our business but clearly it is and has been central to the rest of our activity. Most of us now hope it will set in motion a chain reaction whereby the club reinvests in the squad. But it is a interesting issue, but one which will be hard to get to the bottom off (especially as we can no longer access accounts to see where money might be going - e.g. infrasructure projects). That said, things might look very different come Saturday.

Back