• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

All well and dandy but unlike Chelsea are struggling to break teams down when they have 10 or 11 men behind the ball

Chelsea under Mourinho didnt struggle did they?

..............Drogba
Robben..................Duff
..............Lampard
.......Makelele.....Essien

.............Adebayor
Bale......................Lennon
.........VDV/Sigurdsson
.......Sandro.....MVilla

Has a very very similar composition IMO, similar strengths (except Lennon) and could be similarly effective.

Not perhaps to everyones aesthetic taste, but IMO an effective solution should we not be able to replace Modric directly.

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

I assume AfricanspurS and ArcspacE are taking the tinkle. They hate ITK and so are pretending to be ITK suddenly

They may even be the same person, nobody here has seen them in the same room at the same time

If we play 2 solid central midfielders, they need to be able to receive the ball in tight situations and play a pass forwards. Last year we played a couple of times with 2 solid midfielders and looked dreadful with no creativity or ball retention. The opposition knew they could just squeeze them and they panic and give it back to Friedel to hoof.

Dembele would be great, and M'Vila too by the sounds of it, but you need that ability in tight situations to not panic and get it to the "forward diamond" of VdV Bale Ade Lennon

[video=youtube;8A6foHHdgJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8A6foHHdgJc#![/video]

I know it's only a youtube video, and i'm first one to be skeptical about them, but this video highlights what he's good at, and exactly what he did at the Lane on the last day of last season. He's deceptively quick with the ball at his feet, strong, quick feet, and uses the ball well, also with a very decent strike on him too. I'd be delighted if we got him personally

Last edited:

We didnt play a proper midfield 3 though did we? In the chelsea example you have 2 solid players and one creative. The 2 solid allow the creative freedom to get between the lines and create space/passing opportunities.

In more of a 442 its incredibly debilitating, in a 433 it works a lot better IMO

[video=youtube;8A6foHHdgJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8A6foHHdgJc#![/video]

I know it's only a youtube video, and i'm first one to be skeptical about them, but this video highlights what he's good at, and exactly what he did at the Lane on the last day of last season. He's deceptively quick with the ball at his feet, strong, quick feet, and uses the ball well, also with a very decent strike on him too. I'd be delighted if we got him personally

I really like videos like this, there were similar on Vertonghen as well

The youtube compilation!

He'd ours by Wednesday then

Cant believe people on here think we'll still have a chance of geting Moutinho! Out of our price range I'm afriad. Same with Leandro.

Best realistic hope I think is Dembele and Willian

Do you HONESTLY believe that if today Wigan came in for Jenas and Levy liked the terms - he would have NO say in it and simply be forced packs his bags and go?

They can't trade him without his consent like a piece of wood - the employemnt contracts these days are a little more advanced than those in 1760

1863 Actually! I'm doing a Big Bang Theory Season 5 session and it's covered in Episode 10 which I happen to be watching now.

Cant believe people on here think we'll still have a chance of geting Moutinho! Out of our price range I'm afriad. Same with Leandro.

I agree. If Levy forgets those "dream" targets and focusses on the next tier Dembele and Willian we can get our men tomorrow and ship out Jenas & Bentley for £800k and a can of Coke.

Archibald on M'Vila: and so it begins.. bid in for Mvilla

Jasper in reply to - Will we sign a striker ?: Not out and out but more striker come midfielder

Jasper: William we are still pursuing

Archibald: not easy

^^ tossers... It's all over the papers about Willian and we have that quote from his coach about him not playing.. Just F off and die

Shrewd Spurs will profit doubly from the sale of Luka Modric to Real Madrid, according to Guillem Balague.

"Daniel Levy is one of the most intelligent men in football, the way that he manages his business. What he's got out of this deal suggests as much."
Guillem Balague
Quotes of the week
The two clubs have finally agreed a five-year deal for the Croatian international thought to be worth at least £33m. Modric deal agreed.

Balague told Sky Sports News HD that Real have decided to pay more than they hoped following their 2-1 away defeat to Getafe on Sunday.

And he praised Spurs chairman Daniel Levy for negotiating a partnership that forges closer ties between the clubs on the playing, coaching and commercial fronts.

"It's taken so long because Spurs want to find a replacement - that's what Real Madrid have been saying. They must be on the verge of getting one or perhaps more than one," said Balague.

Surprise

"Did you see the result at the weekend? That's probably one of the reasons why everything was rushed. Of course there is the second leg of the Super Cup on Wednesday and Real Madrid wanted to do it before that, too.

"The basic figures had been agreed a long time ago. Real Madrid say it is about 35m Euros but I hear it could go up to 37m Euros; Spurs perhaps managed to get a couple of million more last night because of the situation. We're talking about £29.2m in the exchange rate at the moment.

"So it is one that was going to happen and one that has got the surprise addition of a partnership with Real Madrid.

"As you know Spurs have got a partnership with four clubs around the world - that's a commercial and a football partnership. I've known for a while that Spurs have wanted to find a club in Spain that they can link themselves too and there's no bigger than Real Madrid.

"So it is about exchanging players, exchanging coaching information, commercial deals and friendlies that will be played in the next few years.

"It's no more than that. There may be interest from Real Madrid on Gareth Bale but it's not that sort of commercial deal. It's more to do with the academies and with the possibility of exchanging coaching information and coaches."

Intelligent

In a statement Real Madrid president Florentino Perez welcomed "the cementing of a longer-term partnership" between the Spanish Champions and Spurs, which Balague believes will help Los Blancos nurture their next generation of players.

"You've got Jose Mourinho in charge at the moment and he's like the No 3 at the club, so he takes big decisions - big strategic decisions and this is one of them," added Balague.

"He loves the fact that players, even young players, can go to the Premier League and learn things that they cannot learn in Spain about the tempo of the game, they can make themselves stronger.

"You saw during the Nuri Sahin deal he wanted Sahin to go to either Liverpool or Arsenal. There were offers from Germany and Turkey, but he thought that the Premier League was the perfect place to develop a player.

"Well, you can think exactly the same about the Academy players and now Jose Mourinho has got influence and power on that so it makes sense from both sides.

"I think it is a good decision and I'm pleased; Daniel Levy is one of the most intelligent men in football, the way that he manages his business. What he's got out of this deal suggests as much."

But it shouldn't be like that as it's basically Modric minus £10m.

FINALLY!!!

Who: POTL
When: 27th August
Where: SC

Here we go. Summary:

Yellow- been trying to do this for over 18 months.days. Have actively been trying to do agree a fee for the last 3 weeks, players club keep changing the fee and are now asking even more than originally. Time is running out on this one especially with the player being in Brazil.

Willian- player desperate to get out of Shaktar and Daniel is playing on this. Negotiating on this one now. Andre likes the fact that he plays a few positions and can cover the wings, believes he can drop deeper and be creative in a 3.

Moutinho- the one Andre really wants, but not close on it. Porto holding out for 30m and aren't desperate for the cash, still a possibility will see how things develop over the next few days.

Dark blue- thought process is if we can get him in will allow Willian to play further forward, price is within our budget, Dembele now being mentioned as could play wide and through the middle and hope that they will take Jenas and Bentley as part of the deal.

Similar to vdv other deal will come about from left field and older targets will be revisited if don't manage to conclude deals by Wednesday/Thursday. Expect to be involved majorly on last day. Not going to get involved in the argument of who is to blame and we should have got players in etc etc. This is the situation we are in and we will get on with it, sahin refusing to come has been a blow as well.

Still expecting Dawson to go, being from Darlington he would be happy to go to Sunderland, lad is 28 years old and either staying at spurs or going home are his preferred options. Jenas also available. Hudd still expecting to go on loan depending on incomings this week, and If anyone knows of a club who want bentley please let us know!

So a summary of newsnow then

But it shouldn't be like that as it's basically Modric minus £10m.

You're assuming though that all cash we have goes to players. We also have the stadium to pay for!

Also if you say that Dembele would come in on 50k and Willian 60k and Modric was also on 60k, then by selling Modric and signing those two our wages bill has increased by 50k per week or £2.5m per year...which quickly eats into that £10m difference you mention

All that text one week from the deadline and still not a mention of a benzema, kaka, fat ronaldo, fake ronaldo...

So a summary of newsnow then

He has not presented a single item of info that wasn't already given by other ITKs or lifted straight from the papers for several transfer windows now.

FINALLY!!!

Who: POTL
When: 27th August
Where: SC

Here we go. Summary:

Yellow- been trying to do this for over 18 months.days. Have actively been trying to do agree a fee for the last 3 weeks, players club keep changing the fee and are now asking even more than originally. Time is running out on this one especially with the player being in Brazil.

Willian- player desperate to get out of Shaktar and Daniel is playing on this. Negotiating on this one now. Andre likes the fact that he plays a few positions and can cover the wings, believes he can drop deeper and be creative in a 3.

Moutinho- the one Andre really wants, but not close on it. Porto holding out for 30m and aren't desperate for the cash, still a possibility will see how things develop over the next few days.

Dark blue- thought process is if we can get him in will allow Willian to play further forward, price is within our budget, Dembele now being mentioned as could play wide and through the middle and hope that they will take Jenas and Bentley as part of the deal.

Similar to vdv other deal will come about from left field and older targets will be revisited if don't manage to conclude deals by Wednesday/Thursday. Expect to be involved majorly on last day. Not going to get involved in the argument of who is to blame and we should have got players in etc etc. This is the situation we are in and we will get on with it, sahin refusing to come has been a blow as well.

Still expecting Dawson to go, being from Darlington he would be happy to go to Sunderland, lad is 28 years old and either staying at spurs or going home are his preferred options. Jenas also available. Hudd still expecting to go on loan depending on incomings this week, and If anyone knows of a club who want bentley please let us know!

Haha this guy is priceless - can anyone point out to me any of the above info that I couldn't have deduced myself from reading the press updates?

The new thread title is cringeworthy - is it now changing every day?

Why can't it just be 'the transfer rumour' thread?

Back