• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

Do you HONESTLY belive that if today Wigan came in for Jenas and Levy liked the terms - he would have NO say in it and simply be forced packs his bags and go?

They can't trade him without his consent like a piece of wood - the employemnt contracts these days are a little more advanced than those in 1760

I do. Jenas has the choice to play and get his whatever £k a week, in this example put himself in the shop window and perform to promote a move to a better club. Wigan get a player they otherwise couldnt. We get him off the books.

Ive no doubt Jenas would have to formally agree, but also no doubt that he would have literally no choice.

Like I said earlier - play or dont play. Simple choice for a footballer I would have imagined.

What say exactly do YOU think a player has? They cant go round organising their own loans, its up to the clubs to agree the finances.

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

please GHod... pretty please

My boss, Man United fan, said Dembele was just unplayable against them on Saturday. And he normally just goes about United players. Said he was a fantastic player.

:lol:

Moutinho/Dembele would be top targets for me, Im just trying to interpret the apparent M'Villa move.

Oh I agree, much prefer Mouthino and maybe even Dembele (sorry I forgot about Siggy in my post so wouldn't need an Isco etc). But I just don't see Levy spending a lot of money on Moutinho (Porto always get high prices for their players). But I am more positive about M'Villa than some appear to be.

The goat is good - exciting!

Is he?

I thought the goat wasnt an ITK, rather a front for ANY ITK to use and preserve annonimity, in which case I wouldnt consider the goat at all reliable, depends who is using the "mask"

I agree completely, and have long hoped Moutinho would be the man to come in, Moutinho, Sandro, Sigurdsson/VDV sounds very good to me.

Im just not sure M'Villa fits that as he would be in Sandro's position (where also Parker would thrive) so Im wondering if we are looking at a more robust midfield in the short term.

I hope not. With two of Sandro, Parker and M'Villa in CM we'd lack creativity in the middle and anyone who is a goal threat. Just think that it would make us quite easy to play against as the goal threat is limited to 4 players - the back 4 rarely score (apart from the od screamer) and the two sitting midfielders you just wouldnt have to worry about

My boss, Man United fan, said Dembele was just unplayable against them on Saturday. And he normally just goes about United players. Said he was a fantastic player.

I watched quite a bit of that game on replay, he bossed them around

Plenty of stories like that about him. He was excellent against us at WHL last season, even if Fulham on the whole were pretty poor on the day

I do. Jenas has the choice to play and get his whatever £k a week, in this example put himself in the shop window and perform to promote a move to a better club. Wigan get a player they otherwise couldnt. We get him off the books.

Ive no doubt Jenas would have to formally agree, but also no doubt that he would have literally no choice.

Like I said earlier - play or dont play. Simple choice for a footballer I would have imagined.

What say exactly do YOU think a player has? They cant go round organising their own loans, its up to the clubs to agree the finances.

Of course Jenas has a choice - he can say no and become a fringe player instead while earning the same amount ( possibly even be involved depending on injureis) - i.e. he doesn't want to go out on loan to a bricker club - that is his contractual choice

You make it sound like the decision is made without him and his signature and he simply has to go. That is illegal. Many players choose not to go out on loan in such situations btw and opt to fight for a place. In that case the club has to fit them in here and there or lose them on a free (there is a rule about making a certain number of senior appearances in a certain period of time)

I hope not. With two of Sandro, Parker and M'Villa in CM we'd lack creativity in the middle and anyone who is a goal threat. Just think that it would make us quite easy to play against as the goal threat is limited to 4 players - the back 4 rarely score (apart from the od screamer) and the two sitting midfielders you just wouldnt have to worry about

If we leant toward Jose Chelsea, Sandro/MVilla would effectively be Makelele/Essien. VDV or Sigurdsson = Lampard. Adebayor = Drogba and Bale/Lennon(or a new winger) = Robben/Duff.

So it would be solid, for sure, and rely on an attacking 4 (supported by full backs) to do the business at the other end

Dembele has impressed against us in the past. One of those players who because he is at Fulham does not command the attention he perhaps should. But on M'Villa I would assume if we do get him we surely have to see more radical changes higher up the pitch. Will not just be him coming in.

I cant believe Moutinho is not a target.

Actually the Dembele ITK surfaced here on Friday already from another poster

I cant believe Moutinho is not a target.

I know but did you honesty imagine Levy paying 25-30 million on a player when we purposefully leave deals for dead-line day in order to save 3 pounds 50

If we leant toward Jose Chelsea, Sandro/MVilla would effectively be Makelele/Essien. VDV or Sigurdsson = Lampard. Adebayor = Drogba and Bale/Lennon(or a new winger) = Robben/Duff.

So it would be solid, for sure, and rely on an attacking 4 (supported by full backs) to do the business at the other end

That Chelsea team was far superior to what we have at SPurs right now

Of course Jenas has a choice - he can say no and become a fringe player instead while earning the same amount ( possibly even be involved depending on injureis) - i.e. he doesn't want to go out on loan to a bricker club - that is his contractual choice

I havent denied this at all - I have pointed out though that most footballers would rather play football.

There are very few Bogardes out there.

You make it sound like the decision is made without him and his signature and he simply has to go. That is illegal. Many players choose not to go out on loan in such situations btw and opt to fight for a place. In that case the club has to fit them in here and there or lose them on a free (there is a rule about making a certain number of senior appearances in a certain period of time)

What I have said, consistently, is that he wouldnt be given much of a choice. Is that so hard to grasp?

Ill tell you what, Ive no interest in pursuing this all day.

I think, had we wanted Sahin we could have leveraged the Modric deal to get him. We didnt do so, suggesting we didnt want him. You think otherwise. Lets leave it there huh?

Back