• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

They don't OWN him anyway - they own his registration as a player

They've signed an employment contract - between 2 parties - this isn't slavery. If a player does not want to go out on loan - there is no legal way to force him out

Re: The 1060 pages and finally a striker summer transfer thread

Sorry but that's absolute gonads - of course the player has to agree on the loan - else clubs be shipping their (shyte) players to anyone who's willing to take the hit. That's illegal and against the rules of trade to say the least.

Agree this.

Mourinho : "I want you to go out on loan. I dont have a place in the team for you this season. Ive set up a year at Tottenham, the premier league and their style will suit you well - you will get good experience. Take the Tottenham loan or dont play for a year, choice is yours"

Sahin : "..."

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

Tottenham edge ahead of Manchester United in £15m race for Dembele
Andre Villa-Boas makes the Fulham man his top midfield target as he seeks to replace Luka Modric but Sir Alex Ferguson could also bid for Belgian before transfer window shuts

Sources have told Goal.com that the two Premier League big hitters have both made fresh enquiries for the Fulham midfielder in recent weeks.

But the west Londoners remain confident they can hold on to their prize asset, who they value between £12-15million.

Fulham are believed to have triggered an option to extend Dembele’s initial three-year contract by a further year, tying him to Craven Cottage to 2014.

Nevertheless, there is a growing expectation that Spurs will make a formal bid for the 25-year-old Belgian before Friday’s deadline after finally agreeing to sell Luka Modric to Real Madrid in a deal worth £33.2m.

Tottenham want to bring in a replacement for the Croatian but Andre Villas-Boas’ top target Joao Moutinho is deemed too expensive because of his £30m price tag.

Spurs are close to securing Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Willian, but remain frustrated in their attempts to sign Leandro Damiao from Internacional.

Villas-Boas has cooled on Yann M’Vila because of his similarity in playing style to Sandro and Scott Parker, and is ready to sanction a move for Dembele, who has been converted into a central midfielder by Martin Jol with such success.

However, the Belgium international is also highly regarded by United, who have contacted Fulham to ask for their valuation of the player as Sir Alex Ferguson seeks a proven and relatively cheap answer to his long-running conundrum in the centre of the park.

Dembele would prefer to move to a team who will play in the Champions League next season, which gives United the upper hand should they meet Fulham’s valuation.

Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea have cooled on Dembele, but Arsenal cannot be ruled out after registering their interest in the player at the end of last season.

Fulham know they cannot compete on wages or status with the richest Premier League clubs, and accept they will struggle to hold on to the Belgian if they receive an attractive offer.

Speaking about Dembele after his outstanding display in Fulham’s 3-2 defeat at Old Trafford on Saturday, Jol said: “He plays and he likes the club, so there's no problem. You have to pay a lot of money to get Dembele. There won't be a lot of clubs putting that sort of money on the table, so I think we are fine.”

The Belgian was a revelation for Fulham in the last few months of last season after Jol converted him from a deep-lying forward to a central midfielder.

He has scored only seven goals in 74 appearances for Fulham, although regular observers believe he could be even more effective playing with higher quality players.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/27/3334308/tottenham-edge-ahead-of-manchester-united-in-15m-race-for

Utd = £15,000,000
Spurs = £15,000,001

Yes could well be, but will depend on how much money Levy is willing to release. M'Villa though is more dynamic than he is oft described, not simply a defensive or holding player.

I understand that, but defense seems to be his primary attribute. He and Sandro sitting would be like a brick wall wouldnt it?

Makes me wonder if we are leaning more to a Chelsea like formation of solid core and attacking wing play as opposed to midfield 3 with a proper playmaker...

In case you have not noticed Chelsea have changed the way they play these days

They've signed an employment contract - between 2 parties - this isn't slavery. If a player does not want to go out on loan - there is no legal way to force him out

They own his registration - same difference. They own his right to play football. They can trade him for money.

BUt if it is a choice between going on loan or playing in the reserves what would you do?

I understand that, but defense seems to be his primary attribute. He and Sandro sitting would be like a brick wall wouldnt it?

I thought this at one point too. 2 guys in the middle would be strong defensively, but after seeing Cazorla playing for the scum yesterday we would be much more effective as an attacking unit with a playmaker in there knitting everything together and creating attacks from the middle of the park. Moutinho would be perfect for us.

Personally this would be my preference, mainly becasue I do not see Mouthino as realistic. If we go Willian in, and maybe someone like Isco (or another striker) then we could have an axis of Sandro-M'Villa, Bale left, Willian right (because he can rotate) with a man behind Ade who is more creative and able to link the midfield. But I only mentioned the qualification about transfers because I am unsure what we might do, either Levy will do something magical, or we will be somewhat disappointed making my post utter gonads!

I thought this at one point too. 2 guys in the middle would be strong defensively, but after seeing Cazorla playing for the scum yesterday we would be much more effective as an attacking unit with a playmaker in there knitting everything together and creating attacks from the middle of the park. Moutinho would be perfect for us.

I agree completely, and have long hoped Moutinho would be the man to come in, Moutinho, Sandro, Sigurdsson/VDV sounds very good to me.

Im just not sure M'Villa fits that as he would be in Sandro's position (where also Parker would thrive) so Im wondering if we are looking at a more robust midfield in the short term.

BUt if it is a choice between going on loan or playing in the reserves what would you do?

knowing that i have a good reputation, wait until the Arse and Liverpool offers come along and then go to Liverpool

They own his registration - same difference. They own his right to play football. They can trade him for money.

Do you HONESTLY believe that if today Wigan came in for Jenas and Levy liked the terms - he would have NO say in it and simply be forced packs his bags and go?

They can't trade him without his consent like a piece of wood - the employemnt contracts these days are a little more advanced than those in 1760

Personally this would be my preference, mainly becasue I do not see Mouthino as realistic. If we go Willian in, and maybe someone like Isco (or another striker) then we could have an axis of Sandro-M'Villa, Bale left, Willian right (because he can rotate) with a man behind Ade who is more creative and able to link the midfield. But I only mentioned the qualification about transfers because I am unsure what we might do, either Levy will do something magical, or we will be somewhat disappointed making my post utter gonads!

:lol:

Moutinho/Dembele would be top targets for me, Im just trying to interpret the apparent M'Villa move.

Who: The Goat
When: 27th August
Where: SC

The Goat hears that we have made a move for Dembele.
please GHod... pretty please

M'Vila another defensive midfielder? Along with Sandro, Parker and Livermore not much creativity.

Spot on. M'Vila is a defensive player. He will add no creativity at all. He will be expensive aswell and has behaviour problems.

But he has potential, and if he concentrates of his football, then he can be a fine player.

I dont think this one will happen anyway.

moutinho number 1 target for me

Back