• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

BBC Sport Football ‏@BBCFootball1
Tottenham submit bid for M'Vila: Tottenham submit a bid to sign France international midfielder Yann M'Vila from... http://bbc.in/OlJnXF

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

If we don't end up with this man:

Joao-Moutinho-Porto-vs-Gil-vicente_2789424.jpg

or this man:

moussa-dembele-image-1-727356103.jpg

Then I'm going to be very disappointed.

Re: The 1060 pages and finally a striker summer transfer thread

Of course they can, they own him.

I can see Liverpool made it easy for them, and that its a bit rich for Levys blood - but that is based upon Levy playing the game on Liverpools level. The Modric negotiations would have meant that was never the case, there was a big deal to be leveraged into Madrid concessions.

I simply think we didnt want him, else we would have made our position count.

How can they force him to go to a specific club - please explain?

Even Mourinho said - he doesn't really care where he goes - up to him

If you want to stay at *insert club here* then goto spurs on loan for a year.

He has a contract with them - are they going to sack him, pay his wages for the remaining part and lose a massive talent on a free?

He has a contract with them - are they going to sack him, pay his wages for the remaining part and lose a massive talent on a free?

I dont know, it was just one way I thought of that could ensure a player goes to the club you want him to.

NS

"We talked and he [Mourinho] told me English football, especially Premier League, is the best to enjoy as a player. You can enjoy football every weekend," Sahin told reporters.

"He also told me Rodgers and him worked together at Chelsea and he is not only a good coach but also a great person. That's important for me. It was not only football. I wanted someone to speak with as well."

To be honest, I hadn't thought of playing for Liverpool before talking to Brendan Rodgers, as we didn't have any previous contact. But just after the first conversation, I felt impressed," revealed the former Borussia Dortmund man.

"He told me how he wants to play football and what his objectives with Liverpool are. From that moment, I started thinking I could make that step.

"I feel proud to play for a great team, as Liverpool is. I'm the first Turkish (player) here and it's my turn to make Turkish people feel proud now

JM

“I want him to play, for him to go somewhere to play. The Premier League could teach him new aspects of his game but I don’t mind where he goes. It’s not at all true that there’s any one club to which I would prefer that he went. It doesn’t matter to me, I just hope that it’s sorted for him soon. It’s absolutely fine with me whether he goes to Arsenal, Liverpool or Tottenham.”

How can they force him to go to a specific club - please explain?

THEY OWN HIM.

This isnt a transfer, he doesnt get a say. His club make a deal where they want him to go, and if that club can agree on terms he is on his way. Simple really, what say could he possibly have?

In the case of a sale he has the opportunity to agree terms (or not, as he might prefer) but in the case of a loan he is still contracted to and owned by his parent club - what say can he really have?

I doubt they can force him to go on loan, but they can put a lot of pressure on him if he wants a future at Real.

M'Vila another defensive midfielder? Along with Sandro, Parker and Livermore not much creativity.

NS

"We talked and he [Mourinho] told me English football, especially Premier League, is the best to enjoy as a player. You can enjoy football every weekend," Sahin told reporters.

"He also told me Rodgers and him worked together at Chelsea and he is not only a good coach but also a great person. That's important for me. It was not only football. I wanted someone to speak with as well."

JM

“I want him to play, for him to go somewhere to play. The Premier League could teach him new aspects of his game but I don’t mind where he goes. It’s not at all true that there’s any one club to which I would prefer that he went. It doesn’t matter to me, I just hope that it’s sorted for him soon. It’s absolutely fine with me whether he goes to Arsenal, Liverpool or Tottenham.”

So this proves what? They werent bothered where he went. Which no one has disputed.

Ive simply offered the view that had we insisted, they would have been bothered...

Tottenham edge ahead of Manchester United in £15m race for Dembele

Andre Villa-Boas makes the Fulham man his top midfield target as he seeks to replace Luka Modric but Sir Alex Ferguson could also bid for Belgian before transfer window shuts

Sources have told Goal.com that the two Premier League big hitters have both made fresh enquiries for the Fulham midfielder in recent weeks.

But the west Londoners remain confident they can hold on to their prize asset, who they value between £12-15million.

Fulham are believed to have triggered an option to extend Dembele’s initial three-year contract by a further year, tying him to Craven Cottage to 2014.

Nevertheless, there is a growing expectation that Spurs will make a formal bid for the 25-year-old Belgian before Friday’s deadline after finally agreeing to sell Luka Modric to Real Madrid in a deal worth £33.2m.

Tottenham want to bring in a replacement for the Croatian but Andre Villas-Boas’ top target Joao Moutinho is deemed too expensive because of his £30m price tag.

Spurs are close to securing Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Willian, but remain frustrated in their attempts to sign Leandro Damiao from Internacional.

Villas-Boas has cooled on Yann M’Vila because of his similarity in playing style to Sandro and Scott Parker, and is ready to sanction a move for Dembele, who has been converted into a central midfielder by Martin Jol with such success.

However, the Belgium international is also highly regarded by United, who have contacted Fulham to ask for their valuation of the player as Sir Alex Ferguson seeks a proven and relatively cheap answer to his long-running conundrum in the centre of the park.

Dembele would prefer to move to a team who will play in the Champions League next season, which gives United the upper hand should they meet Fulham’s valuation.

Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea have cooled on Dembele, but Arsenal cannot be ruled out after registering their interest in the player at the end of last season.

Fulham know they cannot compete on wages or status with the richest Premier League clubs, and accept they will struggle to hold on to the Belgian if they receive an attractive offer.

Speaking about Dembele after his outstanding display in Fulham’s 3-2 defeat at Old Trafford on Saturday, Jol said: “He plays and he likes the club, so there's no problem. You have to pay a lot of money to get Dembele. There won't be a lot of clubs putting that sort of money on the table, so I think we are fine.”

The Belgian was a revelation for Fulham in the last few months of last season after Jol converted him from a deep-lying forward to a central midfielder.

He has scored only seven goals in 74 appearances for Fulham, although regular observers believe he could be even more effective playing with higher quality players.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/27/3334308/tottenham-edge-ahead-of-manchester-united-in-15m-race-for

M'Vila another defensive midfielder? Along with Sandro, Parker and Livermore not much creativity.

Makes me wonder if we are leaning more to a Chelsea like formation of solid core and attacking wing play as opposed to midfield 3 with a proper playmaker...

THEY OWN HIM.

This isnt a transfer, he doesnt get a say. His club make a deal where they want him to go, and if that club can agree on terms he is on his way. Simple really, what say could he possibly have?

In the case of a sale he has the opportunity to agree terms (or not, as he might prefer) but in the case of a loan he is still contracted to and owned by his parent club - what say can he really have?

Sorry but that's absolute nonsense - of course the player has to agree on the loan - else clubs be shipping their (shyte) players to anyone who's willing to take the hit. That's illegal and against the rules of trade to say the least.

Last edited:

Tottenham have submitted a bid to sign 22-year-old France midfielder Yann M'Vila from Rennes, according to the Ligue 1 club.

It is understood Spurs have proposed a fee of £12.7m with add-ons, though Rennes want an unconditional £15m.

The French club replied to Tottenham's written offer by suggesting face-to-face talks but are yet to hear back.

Another unnamed Premier League club have registered interest in signing M'Vila, although it is not Arsenal.

After M'Vila rejected moves to Zenit St Petersburg and Shakhtar Donetsk, Tottenham's bid is the only one on the table at present.

M'Vila, who featured in his side's 3-2 victory over Bastia on Saturday, hoped to travel to London early this week to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical - but the transfer has not developed as swiftly as expected.

If he does join Tottenham it could see Rafael van der Vaart leave White Hart Lane, despite the Dutchman occupying a more advanced position on the pitch.

Van der Vaart has been linked with a return to Hamburg while fellow midfielder Luka Modric is expected to sign for Real Madrid.

Spurs are further depleted in that area by Scott Parker's Achilles injury, while Tom Huddlestone could join Stoke on loan.

M'Vila had been linked with Arsenal but there has so far been no concrete interest from the Gunners this summer.

Reports in France suggest there has also been recent interest from Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

M'Vila made 61 appearances for Rennes and France last season, featuring in three of his country's four Euro 2012 matches.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19367435

So having sold our most creative player, we're going to sign a ball winner and then our another of our most creative players?

Makes me wonder if we are leaning more to a Chelsea like formation of solid core and attacking wing play as opposed to midfield 3 with a proper playmaker...

Yes could well be, but will depend on how much money Levy is willing to release. M'Villa though is more dynamic than he is oft described, not simply a defensive or holding player.

Back