• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The 1060 pages and finally a striker summer transfer thread

I'm not quite sure what those of you saying Modric should have been sorted ages ago wanted Levy to do? He told Real a price they wouldn't stump up. If he rolled over and sold at about 25m you would be slagging him of for selling cheap.

I'm not quite sure what those of you saying Modric should have been sorted ages ago wanted Levy to do? He told Real a price they wouldn't stump up. If he rolled over and sold at about 25m you would be slagging him of for selling cheap.

I dont blame Levy for the MOdric thing. The only other thing he could have done with Modric was to say to him at the start of June 'Am happy to let you move to Real as long as they meet the asking price and hte deal is done by Aug 1. Otherwise they're not serious and there is no deal and you'll stay at Spurs'

I don think thats unreasonable especially if the message is relayed to Real.

Regarding other deals, I think a lot of people blame Levy not because its Levy's fault but because people over-estimate the attraction of SPurs to your average foreign footballer and over-estimate what we can pay both in terms of fee and wages. Couple that with us actually needing quite decent players and its tough. I dont expect to see us spending over £20m on a single player this window

I swear that Levy is trying to pull transfers in the opposite direction to Manchestee City and the other rich clubs. Levy wants to return to the days of bartering. I guess he wants to offer 3 boxes of eggs, 2 bags of wool and someone to regularly mow Shaktar's lawn, this could be Bentley's finest hours, in exchange for Willian.

=D>

I agree with the Modric stance but Levy should have set a deadline date for before the season started & told Modric of this. Failure to conclude the deal in satisfactory time leads to the deal failing. Madrid would have known the rules and either bought early or lost out.

I agree with the Modric stance but Levy should have set a deadline date for before the season started & told Modric of this. Failure to conclude the deal in satisfactory time leads to the deal failing. Madrid would have known the rules and either bought early or lost out.

you know it doesnt work like that. im sure levy would have loved to of got this sorted ages ago

Seeing a lot of people saying we are willing to pay Dembeles release cause (15Mill) what do you folks think? worth it?

not watched him too closely, but on MOTD (i know, i know) he had the beating of most of their midfield with dribbling and seems to have a decent pass on him. i'd take him for £10m + add ons. I think £15m is a bit steep.

all that said, I hope Hudd stays, gets some game time and gets properly fit (if he's not and this loan business isn't just AVB's way of getting him out of the door) - if we want defence splitting passes, good distribution to the wings and the odd 25 yard screamer then he's our man.

if we're playing a 3 in the middle, then there's space for a player of his type among Sandro, Livermore and Parker, when fit.

you know it doesnt work like that. im sure levy would have loved to of got this sorted ages ago

But why not? What is to stop this limited time only approach?

I do think the transfer deadline needs to be brought forward so it finishes nearer the start of August, not sure how plausible that would be.

I think £15m would be good value for Dembele, particularly if we are selling Modric for north of £30m. I would get Dembele in now.

I think Dembele would be a great signing. He's proven in the Premiership and he's strong and carries the ball. He runs at defences and makes space for others, which is what Modric did. Not sure if he has the passing that Modric had though.

It's certainly going to be an interesting week by the sounds of it. We need to be decisive and it will be really poor of Levy if we don't back AVB in what he wants. Seems AVB doesn't really prioritise another striker and i'm inclined to agree with him based on the first two games. I actually think Defoe hasn't been the problem and has played well. I do actually believe adding to him, Ade and Kane isn't as big a priority as sorting our midfield creativity Modric-shaped ball-retention hole out. I also still think we could do with something on the wings. I think Lennon and Bale both offer great straight-line speed, but something a bit different such as a Willian or someone of that ilk that can do something a bit out of the norm might be a good buy too.

We`re chasing M`Vila according to French Media, but we cant agree a deal. (What a surprise!)

Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine also after him.

wouldnt mind dembele but not for 15m....prob around 10m

Modric to Madrid, Alonso to The Lane \o/

That's how this is gonna work, right?

Back