• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The 1060 pages and finally a striker summer transfer thread

They've just spent 25m+ on Fletcher and Johnson, I doubt it.

They've just spent 25m+ on Fletcher and Johnson, I doubt it.

Yep this is true. But since when has considerations like that got in the way of a good rumour? Would not be surprised if Defoe did leave this week though.

Last edited:

That was the latest report, in which it suggested that Everton had won the competition for his signature but I can't see it. I think he has bigger options available to him and will be shocked if he ends up at Goodison.

Why? Remove the rose tints and Everton are a good fit for him. Decent manager, generally a strong team with a decent track record of bringing players through and will be away from the spotlight a little.

Paulo Freitas ‏@Cynegeticus
#Internacional's vice-president Luciano Davi affirmed after today's game (v Grêmio) that Leandro Damião is staying at the club. #THFC

Why? Remove the rose tints and Everton are a good fit for him. Decent manager, generally a strong team with a decent track record of bringing players through and will be away from the spotlight a little.

Yup, Everton would be a good fit but bearing in mind that they have Jelavic, appear to want to play Fellaini in a more advanced role than previous seasons and have also recently signed Mirallas I can't see it happening. Maybe I'm wrong but we'll see.

Stoke pulled out of a loan deal for midfielder Tom Huddlestone – because Tottenham wanted a big loan fee AND a call-back clause.

City want the classy star for the season and agreed to fork out £500,000 for him on top of wages.

But Spurs supremo Daniel Levy insisted on a 24-hour recall on *Huddlestone, despite the fact he rarely plays for the first team.

The Potters were shocked by the demand and are now trying to *readjust the terms or the move will collapse.

Spurs must pay Brighton £1.5million in compensation after signing Seagulls centre-back Grant Hall.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-news-stoke-pulled-1281613

May be the Mirror but then again Levy is our chairman

We were doing fine with vdv on the pitch without modric.
Shouldnt we be talking vdv back up instead of modric replacement ?

Completely disagree about fine without Modric. He is the best player we have in midfield who we missed on Saturday. We need someone who can control the tempo of our play in the centre and also be more incisive going forward. As for VDV what was Siggy for?

Stoke pulled out of a loan deal for midfielder Tom Huddlestone – because Tottenham wanted a big loan fee AND a call-back clause.

City want the classy star for the season and agreed to fork out £500,000 for him on top of wages.

But Spurs supremo Daniel Levy insisted on a 24-hour recall on *Huddlestone, despite the fact he rarely plays for the first team.

The Potters were shocked by the demand and are now trying to *readjust the terms or the move will collapse.

Spurs must pay Brighton £1.5million in compensation after signing Seagulls centre-back Grant Hall.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-news-stoke-pulled-1281613

May be the Mirror but then again Levy is our chairman

We signed a Centreback from Brighton? How's he doing?

Willian is class, and he would be an immense signing, mark my words. That said, I don't think we have the money to make it happen. I'd be so happy for Moutinho, Willian, Lloris, and Modric out, but at this rate Dembele for 15 mil, plus Niang/some other young cheapish striker will do.

Completely disagree about fine without Modric. He is the best player we have in midfield who we missed on Saturday. We need someone who can control the tempo of our play in the centre and also be more incisive going forward. As for VDV what was Siggy for?

Siggy didn't have the same impact that vdv had in the WBA game. We did excellent with 4-2-3-1 with an attacking edge. At least for this season, I'd like to see us stick to a stronger centre than getting a modric and going for 4-3-3.

With 2 dm's it allow vdv, wingers , fullbacks to join in attack.

But what do I know. Only seen 2 games. But I anticipate that avb will start vdv and Siggy next game in search for more goals.

Sure he has played games for us already hasn't he? In the second/development team or whatever its called?

Well, he played in a friendly against Kingstonian so he has played for us, not sure about his appearances for our xi team though.

Siggy didn't have the same impact that vdv had in the WBA game. We did excellent with 4-2-3-1 with an attacking edge. At least for this season, I'd like to see us stick to a stronger centre than getting a modric and going for 4-3-3.

With 2 dm's it allow vdv, wingers , fullbacks to join in attack.

But what do I know. Only seen 2 games. But I anticipate that avb will start vdv and Siggy next game in search for more goals.

Agree that VDV was excellent. The issue when he went off was the loss of shape, thus making it harder to judge how well Siggy did. I agree about wingers/fullbacks etc but we played that way 1st half and yet created very little in terms of clear chances. Thus my view is we would have been much more balanced and creative (perhaps intelligent might be another word) with Modric alongside Sandro. Of course it was not possible, and getting a proper sense of how the team might function will become clearer once the window is closed.

Back