• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The 1060 pages and finally a striker summer transfer thread

Was gonna post that but thought it needed the "fudge" to get my anger across.

Total gonads we've once again started a season unprepared.

We were doing fine with vdv on the pitch without modric.
Shouldnt we be talking vdv back up instead of modric replacement ?

Dude did you actually go to the Lane on Saturday? Did you actually notice our inability to break down WBA's defence

Some Spanish journos suggesting Modric will be announced tomorrow (I know, heard that before). But price does not seem to be far removed from what was apparently agreed in July. Really hope Levy is actually listening to what AVB wants, if this project is to work it is vital he listens to what he wants. Not Sherwood, not pure calculations of profile but what AVB deems most suited to ensuring success over the remaining 36 games.

According to Marcos Lopez:

Marcos López ‏@futbolitis_aco
Mañana pasará reconocimiento médico. Billetes de avión enviados. Modric ya tenía contrato firmado con el @realmadrid Traspaso:40-42 mill €

Medica tomorrow, flights booked, price around 49-42m euro

Please GHod, I want him gone and a brickload of money to help build what AVB wants ASAP please.

Please GHod, I want him gone and a brickload of money to help build what AVB wants ASAP please.

Agreed, but this should have been long done. Hope I am wrong but I simply do not trust Levy to back AVB in the way required.

Oh I trust him to back him, I just question his timing in doing so. The Modric saga is a compete joke.

The timing issue could also be described as not backing him properly. Going into the season like we have only adds to the sense of unease.

Willian is class, and he would be an immense signing, mark my words. That said, I don't think we have the money to make it happen. I'd be so happy for Moutinho, Willian, Lloris, and Modric out, but at this rate Dembele for 15 mil, plus Niang/some other young cheapish striker will do.

I think that's underselling Dembele. I'd love it if we signed him and think he would be immense for out team.

Can't argue with that, perhaps Mr Levy is addicted to the closing of the window buzz

I think that's underselling Dembele. I'd love it if we signed him and think he would be immense for out team.

you're right. dembele is a fantastic player, but not quite in the Moutinho class. I would be very happy if we got Dembele and Willian in for the Modric money. ecstatic even.

Niang was neither in the starting line up, nor on the subs bench and consequently I think he will have signed for a new club by Friday.

Would this be one for the first team though? He's the same age as Coulibaly, just 7 days between them.

According to Marcos Lopez:

Marcos López ‏@futbolitis_aco
Mañana pasará reconocimiento médico. Billetes de avión enviados. Modric ya tenía contrato firmado con el @realmadrid Traspaso:40-42 mill €

Medica tomorrow, flights booked, price around 49-42m euro

Bloody expensive flights , easy jet around £80 I think

Dude did you actually go to the Lane on Saturday? Did you actually notice our inability to break down WBA's defence

no i wasn't at the lane, but I saw many clear chances in the first half, and WBA pinned back by our possession until VDV was taken off.

I wouldn't say we had 'clear chances'. We certainly had the possession, but their keeper didn't have to make a save (that I can recall).

Back