• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The 1060 pages and finally a striker summer transfer thread

AS, I don't think we need the keeper, centre mid, winger and striker to have a decent season. The squad as we are would probably get us 6th place, a decent season. But if we want to be well up there, in the mixer for the top of the league and challenging for trophies, I think we need those additions. Otherwise we'll see so many games like yesterday, points dropped because our approach play is excellent, but we don't quite have the right players to finish off the chances, and then our squad is unbalanced and we can't make good changes that allow us to keep shape.

We DEFINITELY need a game changer. Be it a striker who will get us a goal, or a right winger who will beat a player and either cut in and score or put in a decent cross, or a dictator on the pitch. Would love all 3, but we need 1 of those definitely. Hazard springs to mind, someone of his type would be perfect. fcuk me there must be someone like him out there.

Look at Dembele against Utd - countless times he broke through their midfield and created acres of space just by having the balls to run at them

Only reason why not is if we really think we have someone like Moutinho ready to go...

Otherwise Dembele would be very good, he would have had a huge impact yesterday

Not sure if this has been posted but relates to the Willian transfer and the idea it is apparently close. Anyway Sergie Palkin (Shakhtar CEO) was interviewed recently (I believe was yesterday), here are his words:

Sergei Anatolyevich, a few days are left before the closure of the transfer window. Therefore, all the rumours that did not come true are blossoming again. Obviously, we could not miss the opportunity to ask you to shed light on them. In particular, Daily Mail reports that Shakhtar sells Willian to Tottenham for €25 million. Is it true? And what do you think about such information in the media?
- We have been holding negotiations with Tottenham for a long time. Much has already been said. As of now, we have only one official proposal from Tottenham – an offer worth €12 million to be paid in annual instalments. All other conversations that we are holding over the phone are a little unserious, because now they can say one thing and tomorrow another. The only offer we have on the table is the one I’ve mentioned above. So there is no point in talking about 20 or 25 million. Our position is 30 million. At the moment, no one has mentioned this sum via the phone or official correspondence. Therefore, our position remains the same as before, and it is difficult to add something.

http://shakhtar.com/en/news/23113

Not even going to comment because (if true) that offer is a joke.

Not even going to comment because (if true) that offer is a joke.

Levy will not make a serious offer until August 31st

And that is why I do not blame AVB for 1 point out of a possible 6

30m for willian is the real joke of that story, in my opinion.

so meet somewhere half way? that's how negotiations work, but paying more than 20m for willian would be bad business.

is he actually any good. Just saw a you tube clip of him, looks skilful but loses the ball a lot in this clip, and from his stats he doesnt really score goals. doesnt look like he crosses the ball either.

I dont know, Ive seen very little but basically drew the same conclusions.

Other posters seem to think he would add a lot to us

If spurs have been negotiating for as long as their CEO implies then we must think he is good, and considering AVB also bid from him while at Chelsea. Issue is Levy's approach. Going to be a frantic crazy week.

Having just seen Cazorla interviewed on Sky -he talks about having the freedom to play in the space between forwards and midfield, and contributing with "decisive passes" and goals. We could do with some of that decisive passing (and the goals, obviously).

Levy: €12m
Shakhtar: €30m
Levy: I think your price is unreasonable
Shakhtar: As is yours
Levy: Is there a deal to be done here?
Shakhtar: I'm sure with some negotiating a price could be met between our two valuations
Levy: So you'd take €13m then?

Lol probably accurate. Maybe he offered them a straight swap for Bentley?

Back