• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The 1060 pages and finally a striker summer transfer thread

You might be right about many teams leaving it late, but one could argue that relative to our nearest rivals we had the most rebuilding to do. I know the market is very difficult, and that Levy should be judged once the window is closed, but it is not unreasonable to expect AVB might have been able to shape his squad far earlier than after the first 2 games of the season.

Niang' skin tone appears to be a tad bit darker than the guy in the stands do you not think?

Could be due to lighting/quality of camera perhaps? I look different on my Facebook pics depending on where I am and who's camera it is :)

this is all true. But if you look at the guy on the left and the niang picture, they look to have similar tones? meh he's blatantly the chef at the lodge or something!

edit - actually looking at other pictures of Niang, he also has lighter tone, so it must be the lighting, which therefore means it definitely is Niang, which therefore means I am getting no 9 Niang on my shirt that I bought today!!

Last edited:

If it is Niang does anyone have any perspective on him as a player? I know he is described as highly rated etc etc but have never seen enough of him to know what he is like?

If it is Niang does anyone have any perspective on him as a player? I know he is described as highly rated etc etc but have never seen enough of him to know what he is like?

He's 17. He's not the messiah. Scored about 10 career goals.

Niang wears 9 at Caen as well.. Maybe he has insisted he gets the 9 with us as well..

PSG_SAKHO_050509.jpg

??

If it is Niang would be interesting to see what AVB is thinking with regards to Kane and Defoe. He said earlier that he likes his 3rd choice striker to be a young up and coming player which obviously is Niang. But then would this mean Kane is sold/loaned out somewhere? Or Defoe sold and Niang as no 2 choice and Kane 3rd? Or could we still be after a Leandro type as our back up striker and Niang as 3rd choice? I ask because I am fairly certain Defoe will go this window, he wants to play week in week out at this stage of his career and he knows he won't here.

Hmmm.....

Tottenham will attempt to splash up to £50million in a transfer window trolley dash.

Chairman Daniel Levy has made enquiries about more than 10 players with boss Andre Villas-Boas desperate to sign at least three new faces before the transfer window slams shut at 11pm on Friday.

Villas-Boas wants to sign two midfielders and a keeper.

He will also need another striker if Spurs can find a buyer for Jermain Defoe.

Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 West Brom: Lukaku returns to haunt AVB

Tottenham are in talks with Shakhtar Donetsk over *midfielder Willian and are primed to make another bid for Fulham star Moussa Dembele if Porto refuse to drop their £25m asking price for Portugal *international Joao Moutinho.

Chelsea’s Raul Meireles, Rennes’ Yann M’Vila and *Malaga’s Isco are back-up options who have been *watched and enquired about.

Rennes have announced that M’Vila, 22, has played his last game for them *paving the way for a move.

Goalkeepers Hugo Lloris of Lyon and Roma’s Maarten Stekelenburg are on the AVB hit-list. France international Lloris is the prime target and Spurs are willing to pay around £11m for him – £9m short of Lyon’s valuation.

Internacional rate Leandro Damiao highly at £25m, but an *acceptable bid for Defoe could see talks over the *Brazil striker accelerate again, while Villas-Boas has told Levy of his *interest in Daniel Sturridge – who he managed at Chelsea.

Much of Tottenham’s *business will be financed by sales.

Luka Modric fully expects to complete his £32m move to Real Madrid, while the club are still attempting to offload Michael Dawson and Tom *Huddlestone – despite the fact that their moves to QPR and Stoke have stalled.

But Hamburg are ready to play Levy and Spurs at their own game by making a take-it-or-leave it last-minute £8m bid for Rafael van der Vaart.

Villas-Boas says he expects Van der Vaart to stay at White Hart Lane, but Hamburg believe the player is desperate to return to Germany and will try to use that to their advantage. Hamburg hope they can force Levy’s hand by making a move for Van der Vaart late in the *window, knowing Spurs want money to bid for their targets

Tottenham’s ex-*director of football Frank Arnesen, now Hamburg’s sporting director, revealed Levy loves a last-minute deal, saying: “He needs that thrill.”

Levy’s approach to this transfer window is reminiscent of the last-minute shopping of Spurs’ north London rivals *Arsenal, who last year signed five new players in the final hours of the transfer window.

And Levy’s done it before.

He signed Van der Vaart on the final day of the 2010 *window and also pulled off deals to snap up Emmanuel Adebayor and Scott Parker at the end of *August last year.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-plan-50m-spree---1279761

If it is Niang would be interesting to see what AVB is thinking with regards to Kane and Defoe. He said earlier that he likes his 3rd choice striker to be a young up and coming player which obviously is Niang. But then would this mean Kane is sold/loaned out somewhere? Or Defoe sold and Niang as no 2 choice and Kane 3rd? Or could we still be after a Leandro type as our back up striker and Niang as 3rd choice? I ask because I am fairly certain Defoe will go this window, he wants to play week in week out at this stage of his career and he knows he won't here.

Hmmm.....

I genuinely have no idea what AVB might be thinking. Don't know about you but I find him an enigma right now. But I think Defoe could well leave, just depends on what signings we can secure. Going to be trying and complex final week I reckon.

Out of interest has any ITK catergorically nailed there mast to who it is?

I genuinely have no idea what AVB might be thinking. Don't know about you but I find him an enigma right now. But I think Defoe could well leave, just depends on what signings we can secure. Going to be trying and complex final week I reckon.

Think that's a good thing, means he's not blabbing to the press about who he wants. Everyone can see the style of play he's bringing to Spurs, and it clear we are lacking a couple of players to supplement that style. I'm confident he knows exactly who he wants to fit into his system, lets see if they are delivered to him....

Think that's a good thing, means he's not blabbing to the press about who he wants. Everyone can see the style of play he's bringing to Spurs, and it clear we are lacking a couple of players to supplement that style. I'm confident he knows exactly who he wants to fit into his system, lets see if they are delivered to him....

Yes fair point. Though in some respects if he doesn't get what he wants for whatever reason, or the final week is a bust, I actually think he is likely to be more of a yes man who will toe the party line. Hopefully the club has determined its list (admittedly likely long) of targets so Levy and club officials can focus on realising strengthening the team. But the lateness is my only worry.

With this photo business yesterday and today the whole thing has spun out of control.

The more I see him the more I want dembele. Class today. Seems to have a fairly decent shot too. A good all rounder.

Back